Audio crackling and popping noises

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
PhilB

Re: Audio crackling and popping noises

Post by PhilB » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:31 am

ksadler1982 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:20 pm
I just picked up a new 2020 F Pace - S and I am having this same issue. Radio, Bluetooth, or iphone plugged into usb, i am getting crackling noise coming through the speakers. I was literally about to look for a "vinyl" mode in settings to disable until i came across this forum with other people having the same issue.
There has been a recent new software version release known as 19B which is supposed to fix this crackling issue amongst other things.
As yours is a new car then I would suggest taking it back to the dealer and getting them to install it.
Early reports on another forums suggests it works to stop the crackling.........................so far.
More info here:

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8307

ksadler1982

Post by ksadler1982 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Just got my vehicle back from the dealer - they applied the latest software upgrade. Still popping :cry:

Mikedarch

Post by Mikedarch » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am

Hello Everyone,

I have exactly the same problem and it makes me crazy. I’m living in Brussels and each time I explained the issue to my dealer they say it works now we did all the test with different phone. I have now the iPhone 11 Pro and it still do it popping, cracklings with the car kit ( sounds, phone,...) and with the sensors when I am parking. It is a big disappointment to have no solution proposed here. Meridian reputation is getting worse day by day and I strongly believe there is an issue with mine !! I am not an expert in sound but love music and I am spending time in my car to call customers and I have to support these pooping cracking ! What is the solution to solve it ? I want to prove me that they did the changes and pieces replacement and not just a stupid software update. Please help !