TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Post Reply
JSGR
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:03 pm

TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Post by JSGR » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi All,

I've purchased and installed a brand new set of genuine Jaguar F-Pace 22 Helix with the TPM SENSORS.
I'm getting the error message TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT.

Do the sensors need to be activated?


Thanks in advance :)


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm

JSGR wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi All,

I've purchased and installed a brand new set of genuine Jaguar F-Pace 22 Helix with the TPM SENSORS.
I'm getting the error message TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT.

Do the sensors need to be activated?


Thanks in advance :)
I took mine to a garage where they could read the TPMS sensors and asked them to read them which they did, this then took them out of sleep mode and they worked after I drove up the road, cost me 10 pounds to get the local garage to me to do this.

The expert said sometimes the car does not as he put it take the sensors out of sleep mode and you have to do this manually with a hand held reader.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


JSGR
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Post by JSGR » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Thanks for the advice, I will try tomorrow :)


JSGR
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Post by JSGR » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm
JSGR wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi All,

I've purchased and installed a brand new set of genuine Jaguar F-Pace 22 Helix with the TPM SENSORS.
I'm getting the error message TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT.

Do the sensors need to be activated?


Thanks in advance :)
I took mine to a garage where they could read the TPMS sensors and asked them to read them which they did, this then took them out of sleep mode and they worked after I drove up the road, cost me 10 pounds to get the local garage to me to do this.

The expert said sometimes the car does not as he put it take the sensors out of sleep mode and you have to do this manually with a hand held reader.

All Sorted, it took 5 min :) Just a quick scan took them out of sleep mode.

The crazy thing is that Jaguar told me that they had to remove the tyre to get the ID of the TPMS sensors in order to register them :evil:
Just imagine the cost of that!


Thanks for the great advice.


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: TPM SYSTEM FAULT - New Set

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:53 pm

JSGR wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:16 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm
JSGR wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi All,

I've purchased and installed a brand new set of genuine Jaguar F-Pace 22 Helix with the TPM SENSORS.
I'm getting the error message TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FAULT.

Do the sensors need to be activated?


Thanks in advance :)
I took mine to a garage where they could read the TPMS sensors and asked them to read them which they did, this then took them out of sleep mode and they worked after I drove up the road, cost me 10 pounds to get the local garage to me to do this.

The expert said sometimes the car does not as he put it take the sensors out of sleep mode and you have to do this manually with a hand held reader.

All Sorted, it took 5 min :) Just a quick scan took them out of sleep mode.

The crazy thing is that Jaguar told me that they had to remove the tyre to get the ID of the TPMS sensors in order to register them :evil:
Just imagine the cost of that!


Thanks for the great advice.
Intresting they had to remove the tyres and it was sorted in 5 minutes, did they have the formula E pit crew to do it, I smell a rat.

They never took mine off.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”