Missing Album Art

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
justin1230smith
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Missing Album Art

Post by justin1230smith » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi,

I've been reading the forums for a long time before I bought my F-Pace so I knew the ITCP had some issues but I have held this question until my unit was updated to V3 last week but now it is time to ask the collective...

Are there >> any << circumstances/combinations/editors anyone has found during 2 years of having this unit on the market where the album art comes from your ID3 Tags and not from the Gracenote database which normally get's it wrong or simply fails to identify the album?

My wifes Focus displays the artwork perfectly as does my audi but this car.... will it ever?


corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by corriescar66 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 pm

justin1230smith wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:22 pm
Hi,

I've been reading the forums for a long time before I bought my F-Pace so I knew the ITCP had some issues but I have held this question until my unit was updated to V3 last week but now it is time to ask the collective...

Are there >> any << circumstances/combinations/editors anyone has found during 2 years of having this unit on the market where the album art comes from your ID3 Tags and not from the Gracenote database which normally get's it wrong or simply fails to identify the album?

My wifes Focus displays the artwork perfectly as does my audi but this car.... will it ever?
What are you using?

If it is an ipod with a pre lightning pin ( i.e ipod classic) then no, never. They work perfectly on ICT though :evil:

iphones/ipod touch with current software seem to work ok, with artwork shown from device, not the cars database

USB sticks get about 40% of my 100 + albums when it is able to read the USB stick, which the latest version of ICTP has failed to fix.

One of many questions I asked Jag CS in a letter 3 weeks ago, was what do they use for a database, as itunes gets about 80% of my collection, yet the car half that, including some very well known albums. To date they haven't bothered to reply. (This came after being told that streetview does not use Google database, but one Here are creating themselves - didn't get an answer to 'how many streetviews have they taken in 2+ years, 5, 10. 100?' either.... :evil:


justin1230smith
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by justin1230smith » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm

I would like to use an iPod classic 160GB as it is easy to keep updated and a simple single high capacity device and of course it works fine that way in the Audi and the Ford so I KNOW it works just that Jaguar have done something to stop it working or not done something they needed to, either way it's rubbish that for such a high end (and price) car in 2018 they have such a basic issue unfixed and then you say it works fine in the ICT, that just rubs salt in the wound and proves they have messed up.

My USB sticks, if it's a recent album 100% don't find it which to me sort of proves they are totally ignoring my ID3 tag information.


June16
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

It uses Gracenotes
The database is held on board , last heard it was dated 2016 so no new art shows for these.

There was an old topic for this re not showing ore 2016 art which explains the on board database.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


Neilfx
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by Neilfx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks for that, June16, it makes perfect sense, as a lot of CDs that I load onto the hard drive are either not recognised, or some tracks are recognised, but not put together in a folder. Therefore I end up with some albums correctly displayed, which is a joy, and one separate folder with many track 1, track 2 etc, some song titles mixed in which play in what seems to be a random order with no album art displayed. I've just got the new software update installed, but haven't got around to checking if there is any difference to the hard drive issue.
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar


June16
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

I noticed on my Apple iTunes it groups songs into the correct albums , but when copied across to USB I ended up with a mountain of songs randomly from Albums that did not display as part of the album it came from

I therefore had a two day long tidy up :shock:

The usb is far more fussy about identifying tracks than Apple iTunes is .

In some cases the one track that got split off had a slightly different title , or a slightly different artist. It could be something as simple as & instead of and in one track.

Some appeared identical no matter how long I stared at it ....however I found this link and by changing the title of all songs to add an X at the end , then immediately deleting the X made it reorganise the tracks belong to one album.

Here’s the link where I found the fix
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10012


My ITunes is now squeaky clean as is the USB

Yes some art still doesn’t show , but I know it’s not my fault or making.

iTunes not showing artists is a big bugbear with Apple community

If you have an artist that has the grey head .....select the artist ....right click and look up the artist..... on the right of the Apple store you will see the option for artist info, click on that and if you see a background image this is displayed. If there is no background image Apple don’t have one and you get the grey head. Only Apple can fix this .

I did find some of my artist names had typos eg Celin Dion is sometimes spelt with an acute over the e, changing this to plane e sorted all her albums to be together and the artist to show a picture.

It’s a long project with over 6000 songs , In the end I fealt Id achieved something in the end, plus I’d been meaning to do it for years :lol: :lol:
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 pm

June16 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm
I noticed on my Apple iTunes it groups songs into the correct albums , but when copied across to USB I ended up with a mountain of songs randomly from Albums that did not display as part of the album it came from

I therefore had a two day long tidy up :shock:

The usb is far more fussy about identifying tracks than Apple iTunes is .

In some cases the one track that got split off had a slightly different title , or a slightly different artist. It could be something as simple as & instead of and in one track.

Some appeared identical no matter how long I stared at it ....however I found this link and by changing the title of all songs to add an X at the end , then immediately deleting the X made it reorganise the tracks belong to one album.

Here’s the link where I found the fix
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-10012


My ITunes is now squeaky clean as is the USB

Yes some art still doesn’t show , but I know it’s not my fault or making.

iTunes not showing artists is a big bugbear with Apple community

If you have an artist that has the grey head .....select the artist ....right click and look up the artist..... on the right of the Apple store you will see the option for artist info, click on that and if you see a background image this is displayed. If there is no background image Apple don’t have one and you get the grey head. Only Apple can fix this .

I did find some of my artist names had typos eg Celin Dion is sometimes spelt with an acute over the e, changing this to plane e sorted all her albums to be together and the artist to show a picture.

It’s a long project with over 6000 songs , In the end I fealt Id achieved something in the end, plus I’d been meaning to do it for years :lol: :lol:
Does your USB work ok with 6000 songs?

My ipod classic has 11000 songs, but of course ICTP doesn't fully support it.

Various USB's still don't work unless I limit it to about 50 albums.. -

Just bought 128GB iphone 6s to use purely as an ipod... (hate apple phones, so a fitting end for a crap phone to live permanently in the dark of the central console with no one but an empty sunglasses case to talk to...)


June16
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm

only got about 2000 ish on there , the rest are on my phone for longer journeys.
I haven’t tested the limit in number of tracks , but have heard there might be one.

Using a 128G thumb drive (usb3). A bit of overkill in size of drive I suppose.

Yeh mines an old phone too 😀 , a fitting dark hole for it , but it works pretty well now tracks are sorted and I have the shortest lead I could find connected to it ( longer leads introduce a static tick)
I prefer the sorting and display of the USB though , easier to flick through.

Need to test the CD player too before Fridays dealer visit , is this supposed to work now or does it still eat them?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:19 pm

June16 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm
only got about 2000 ish on there , the rest are on my phone for longer journeys.
I haven’t tested the limit in number of tracks , but have heard there might be one.

Using a 128G thumb drive (usb3). A bit of overkill in size of drive I suppose.

Yeh mines an old phone too 😀 , a fitting dark hole for it , but it works pretty well now tracks are sorted and I have the shortest lead I could find connected to it ( longer leads introduce a static tick)
I prefer the sorting and display of the USB though , easier to flick through.

Need to test the CD player too before Fridays dealer visit , is this supposed to work now or does it still eat them?
Well, that was a waste of money....... Just loaded up the new iphone with 11000 tracks.....

press 'find' and as you scroll down the artists it gets to 'N' then just stops - no O to Z.

Try an album/artist that it is showing... press a track and it immediately kicks you out..

no 'up next' (not available)

Is there a security protocol on iphones that may be preventing the control of the music player from the media screen?

Is there actually a limit on any media player to the size of data it can cope with? If so, why don't they say so?

Much to my annoyance, it seems apple have also stopped the player having the ability to shuffle albums as opposed to just tracks...

Perhaps just forget the soddin' artwork & stick with the 160GB ipod classic... :evil: :evil: :evil:


NISHSO
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Missing Album Art

Post by NISHSO » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Are you connected via the cable or Bluetooth? as I understand it you only get that functionality via a cable.
Regards
NISHSO


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”