White Smoke

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

Re: White Smoke

Post by Smitten » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:02 am
Could it just be that all of these engines do it when cold but the design of the Fpace body makes it more obvious ???
I think you are probably right. I have had two estate cars in a row now and both had a tendency to fog up the rear window from outside in the cold. Proximity of warm exhaust to cold glass in rear window? Saloons don't have this problem or generally need rear wipers either.
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Craigann B

Re: White Smoke

Post by Craigann B » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm

It’s not white, it’s steam from the AddBlue being injected into the hot exhaust, the harder acceleration is, the more injected even steaming up the rear window. It’s how they get the engine to pass the emissions to Euro 6.
My previous VW Touareg was terrible going through 40 L per 10,000 miles so lots of water on back window.
Real White smoke is produced when a Diesel engine is staved of intake air when trying to start.

The steam is something us Diesel engine owners have to put up with to keep the acceleration great.
F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”