Driveline Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.

Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration
29%
No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration
71%

Total votes: 56

dw-fp-jag

Re: Driveline Vibration

Post by dw-fp-jag » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:05 am

hp4020, the car is in again next week for a definitive answer on the vibration. If its confirmed to the satisfaction of Jag CRC (the dealer is already on my side) then there's every chance the rejection will be agreed. If not then I'll be taking your advice re the DEKRA report and county court claim.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is very clear on rejecting a vehicle but if the supplier denies there's a fault it all becomes a bit of an impasse. You just have to persevere and stick to your guns when you know the fault is genuine. I'm happy to stay with an F Pace, the best SUV around IMO, and the upside of all these delays is that at least I can replace with a later model year car! I also want to replace with a petrol as it wont be suffering this seemingly diesel specific vibration.
R Sport 250t, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:11 am

This fault was quite common on the Discovery Sport ( I had this myself) a vibration, resonance around 1500-1700 rpm in top gear. This turned out to be the fuel line & or the aircon pipes in the engine bay touching the bodywork resulting in the above noise, it was a simple fix so it is worthwhile asking the dealer to check this out. 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:22 am

I believe the Discovery Sport is a transverse mounted engine so probably a different vibration. A search of the forum will show there are various vibrations across the JLR range. Some easily fixed, some not so.
R Sport 250t, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

pepelugil

Post by pepelugil » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:08 pm

It seems to be a new Topix for 1500-2200 rpm vibrations, now related to suspension: JTB00609v3

Does anybody have access to it?

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm

I have a copy of JTB00609v3 which I have scanned and attached. I had to drop the resolution a bit to keep the size under the upload limit.

I got it from our Dealer this morning where we had a meeting to discuss the vibration issue we have with our F-Pace. Armed with all the information about the vibration issues on this Forum (thank you everyone who has posted on this topic) they agreed that the service manager would come out with me to experience the problem for himself and whilst initially he didn't think there was an issue, when he drove up the stretch of motorway I knew would reproduce the problem he agreed there was vibration, so at least the Dealer is now onside. They now need to collect data from the car and speak to Jaguar about a fix. He didn't think the fixes in JTB00609 would solve our particular problem as he thought it was engine related.

Let's see what happens next. They are aware that if they can't sort the problem then we will reject the car.

JTB00609v3_200.pdf
(8.67 MiB) Downloaded 136 times

2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 pm

I feel for you with your problem as I had exactly the same issues with my 2 New F Pace'S which were both ultimately rejected.
Your problem is that the JLR Customer Relation Centre will not recognise the driveline vibration issue on several JLR models and have been now programmed to fob you off by stating that it is a "characteristic " of the vehicle. In sheer frustration I even wrote to Ralph Speth who personally replied stating that his office would reach out to me in an effort to solve the problem I had complained about but unfortunately the muppets in his office only reached out to inform me that it was a characteristic of the F Pace and to go away The JLR Press office responded in the same way when Auto Express took up my case.
With customer service like this it is little wonder that JLR are now seeing their sales suffer.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 am

KeithL wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:18 pm
I have a copy of JTB00609v3 which I have scanned and attached. I had to drop the resolution a bit to keep the size under the upload limit.

I got it from our Dealer this morning where we had a meeting to discuss the vibration issue we have with our F-Pace. Armed with all the information about the vibration issues on this Forum (thank you everyone who has posted on this topic) they agreed that the service manager would come out with me to experience the problem for himself and whilst initially he didn't think there was an issue, when he drove up the stretch of motorway I knew would reproduce the problem he agreed there was vibration, so at least the Dealer is now onside. They now need to collect data from the car and speak to Jaguar about a fix. He didn't think the fixes in JTB00609 would solve our particular problem as he thought it was engine related.

Let's see what happens next. They are aware that if they can't sort the problem then we will reject the car.
This is exactly the problem I had 2 yrs ago, the attempted remedy was to realign the exhaust system they knew there was a fault then but would not admit it. While the car was in for investigation I was given a courtesy car, the vibration in that car was even worse than mine - they had deliberately supplied it to prove that vibration was a " characteristic " of the FPace.

Fiddling with the exhaust ( assuming the dealer actually did ) made no difference whatever, there was an engine fault, probably with the engine balancer.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am

Deltasierra wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 am

Fiddling with the exhaust ( assuming the dealer actually did ) made no difference whatever, there was an engine fault, probably with the engine balancer.
When we were out on the test drive the service manager said it was probably the balancer shafts.

Thanks for your support. We will have to wait to see what happens next.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 pm

KeithL wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am
Deltasierra wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 am

When we were out on the test drive the service manager said it was probably the balancer shafts.

I often wondered if what was being heard on the FPace re vibration was the start of the balance shaft issue that has plagued the Discovery Sport and the XE Ingenium 2L diesels . Also reported now in the Velar and the D5 full Discovery.

Here’s the thread from the DS forum, which includes a couple of videos of the noise that eventually turns into a bearing whine.

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/view ... =17&t=6052
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:39 pm

KeithL wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:38 am

You may be unsurprised to hear that Jaguar has told the Dealer that the vibration at 70 mph in top gear @ about 1,650rpm is a characteristic of the engine and closed the call. This followed a test drive by the service manager of a similar F-Pace to ours (same engine, power, wheels etc.) which he said exhibited the same vibration. It appears that if one car gets this issue it may be a fault, but if two have it then it is a characteristic.

The dealer has agreed to complete JTB00609v3 to see if that resolves the problem as it covers the same symptoms and our car falls into the VIN range it covers, but none of us are holding our breath.

It looks like we are faced with living with it or trying to reject the car, with all the hassle that brings. The biggest issue is that I love every other aspect of the car - you even get to like the ICTP in time. Are these vibration issues limited to the Ingenium engines? Would the 3.0 diesel be vibration free? It would grate to pay them more money for a different F-Pace but if that resolves the issue then so be it.

I don't suppose anyone on the forum has a 2.0 i4 180ps diesel which doesn't vibrate and who lives in the Bromsgrove area?

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”