Driveline Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.

Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration
28%
No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration
72%

Total votes: 54

Chipper3

Re: Driveline Vibration

Post by Chipper3 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 pm

Mine vibrates....................It's the lane departure warning (LDW) doing it's job.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:32 am

ha ha....NOT. Its a serious issue for many owners.
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

MRB

Post by MRB » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:18 pm

This so called driveline vibration is caused by faulty exhaust mounts which Jaguar will replace FOC.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Jaguar have already had one of their engineers down and he did a full re-calibration of the whole exhaust system, probably assuming it was the known exhaust issue - but no change, or if anything it's made the vibration worse as its now across a broader speed/rev range.
I've always thought it had nothing to do with the exhaust. It's coming through the throttle pedal from the engine when gently and repeatedly accelerating without the turbo kicking in, like you do in steady traffic, at speeds of 50mph and 70mph.
Its bloody annoying and I'm fast losing patience with Jaguar CRC and their dismissive third world customer service attitude. Their latest response is that it's ''REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MARQUE'' . A response so laughable I don't how they could write it.
So if you don't have it in your car please take into your dealer and complain; you're missing a vibration!!
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

pepelugil

Post by pepelugil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Is this vibration felt only while car is moving or if you reach the doom revs in neutral accelerator pedal?

I feel a tickling on my accelerator when driving over rough tarmac in bad condition, otherwise I don't feel nothing strange and the vibration is only on the accelerator, brake pedal nor resting foot on the floor tickle. I don't know if what I feel is normal and it's just me that I'm to sensitive to these tickles.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Pepelugil, It only occurs when cruising along in traffic at around 30, 50 or 70mph and gently and repeatedly easing off then accelerating just to keep pace with the traffic flow and, importantly, without the turbos kicking in. It's an engine vibration felt through the pedal and also through the resting foot at times.

hp4020

Post by hp4020 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:52 pm

On or around Oct 10 2017 I waived goodbye to my vibrating Fpace as it was winched onto a low loader for its journey of shame back to Stratstone.

I was told by the collection agent that they had instructions to take it to Nottingham as opposed to the Teesside Stratstone.

Well imagine my surprise when I saw it stood in the car park of the Teesside Stratstone when I drove to work the next day.

And there it has remained stood in the same space in the car park for 11 months.

A colleague paid them a visit last week genuinely looking to take the vehicle of their hands, he informed them he knew of its history and asked for a price bearing in mind it had been stood for 11 months.

They stated the vehicle was not for sale as it was subject to a legal dispute.

So I guess there remains no realistic fix ??
16 plate Fpace 2.0 Auto 4WD R - Sport. Ultimate black, Jet and Ivory, Pano Roof, Jet Roof liner, Reverse Camera, Black Pack, Bionic 19" Grey Wheels- Ordered April 16 Delivered Jul 16.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am

Hi HP4020,

Teesside Stratstone eh.... I'm a Boro boy myself born and bred and still visit family there a few times a year but now residing in Swindon.
My rejection claim re this vibration has been ongoing since January with many time consuming delays and although the dealer is being very supportive with the claim JLR CRC still trying to maintain its an 'engine characteristic'.

Media Man

Post by Media Man » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Stratstone, haha. Have spoken to two of their dealerships ref an FP 3.0d, and one could not be bothered to call me back ref a £45k car, the other, ooop North, disputed when questioned, the car they had on the approved Jag site was not a 3.0S but a Portfolio, and their ad was misrepresentation. Next day the ad had changed.

But this driveline vibration and dealer denial is a concern being a potential purchaser of an FP, and part of me says by a 6 month old X3....
Still searching for the perfect F Pace....

hp4020

Post by hp4020 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:40 pm

dw-to-jag I got some great help of other posters on here.

Long story short- If the vehicle is on finance only deal with the finance company JLRCS and the dealer will waste your time and simply aggrevate what is a fairly straightforward process.

Get Dekra report send to finance company and start rejection negotiations.

If not on finance get a Dekra report, send letter before action and issue through county court money claim (50k limit).

Good luck.
16 plate Fpace 2.0 Auto 4WD R - Sport. Ultimate black, Jet and Ivory, Pano Roof, Jet Roof liner, Reverse Camera, Black Pack, Bionic 19" Grey Wheels- Ordered April 16 Delivered Jul 16.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”