Driveline Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.

Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration
22%
No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration
78%

Total votes: 27

June16

Re: Driveline Vibration

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:10 am

Maybe not a characteristic if it is related to this issue dated 19th Feb??
jtb00622 2018.pdf
(859.96 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks June16, I'll make my dealer aware if they can't come up with any other solution. Although this fix refers to vibration through the body of the vehicle, the seating and the steering wheel whereas the the driveline vibration is felt through the accelerator pedal when its pressed at 30/50/70mph and through the resting foot on the floor, so maybe not the same defect. It doesn't feel like an exhaust system issue.
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:34 am

The source of resonance and vibration through the car at different revs can be difficult to isolate, so it may not be related, but if it is then it seems it's a pretty straightforward fix after all . . . good find! :)

Mine doesn't seem prone to this, but if it ever develops then I'll save this bulletin for future reference and to show it to my dealer.
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:43 am

dw-fp-jag wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:30 am
Thanks June16, I'll make my dealer aware if they can't come up with any other solution. Although this fix refers to vibration through the body of the vehicle, the seating and the steering wheel whereas the the driveline vibration is felt through the accelerator pedal when its pressed at 30/50/70mph and through the resting foot on the floor, so maybe not the same defect. It doesn't feel like an exhaust system issue.
when I chatted to the service guy Friday he said peddles steering wheel and floor.

So anything connected to floor would be the same, worth a try though to see if they have actually done this though.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am

This bulletin was for the overseas-Asian market so vibration is a well known global issue on the XF as well, the dealer did adjust the exhaust on my 2.0D, it made no difference whatever.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am

Deltasierra wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am
This bulletin was for the overseas-Asian market so vibration is a well known global issue on the XF as well, the dealer did adjust the exhaust on my 2.0D, it made no difference whatever.
Seems it’s now for all markets.

The reason they would be aligning the exhaust and losening the engine mounts would be to reduce tension and remove amplification of engine resonance . A bit like the old box record player with the large funnel output,where vibration/ drone is magnified.

It does show they know this problem exists though.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:39 am

I suspect there's more than one vibration issue, all requiring different solutions, some of which they don't yet have!
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”