<t>Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.</t>

• <t>Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration</t>

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • <t>No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration</t>

Votes: 43 66.2%

Driveline Vibration

40K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  inwestycjebudowlane8 
#1 ·
Hi all, I know there are other threads re 'Driveline Vibration' but some have veered off into other subjects so I wanted to start afresh. I'm referring to a tingling type vibration felt through the accelerator pedal at 30/50/70mph as the pedal is pressed. It can also be felt through the resting foot on the floor. It's not the same as the rubbing half shaft discussed on the forum.
My F Pace has had this since new and my dealer has no solution. Jag CS are saying it's a characteristic of the engine and referred me back to the dealer.
So, I'm opening this up to all forum members with the diesel Ingenium engine to get an idea how many F Paces have this engine 'characteristic'. Could you please tick a box in the above poll, either 'yes' or 'no' as to whether or not your F Pace has the Driveline Vibration. I appreciate it's not very scientific but all replies much appreciated, thanks.

#2 ·
My 2 F Paces both had this problem which JLR now foolishly consider it to be characteristic of the vehicle and this was the reason I rejected both and went back to a AWD XF Sportbrake.

#3 ·
Last few days for this poll. Everybody must be one option or the other if you have the Ingenium engine so if you haven't ticked a box yet please do. I may bringing the results to my dealers attention some time this week.

#4 ·
Note the Discovery Sport ingenium 2L does the same , not sure if that's any use to you . I mentioned it on another thread on here with a link to it. It was evident on my 2nd DS , but absent on my 3rd.

DS owners were fobbed off too as "characteristic"
Same speed 65-70 ,n1200-1500 rpm
Some had mass damper weights fitted to exhaust , some had new engine mounts.which cured.
It was a resonant droning sound felt on accelerator and steering wheel and heard too, it was stemming from the engine.

#5 ·
I haven't voted because my Fpace did have it and was eventually rejected at around 13 month mark.

Don't be strung along by dealer the way I was, get yourself a Dekra report and arrange rejection through Jag Financial Services.

Mine was rejected last November and it's still
stood in their car park.

#6 ·
You have to log in to vote!.

There was vibration in the DS that I test drove but was much less intrusive because it kept changing gear gear from 9 to 8 when cruising, any incline it dropped a gear taking it out of the vibration range. It also affects the XF fitted with the Ingenium engine.
We don't seem to be getting many comments in this forum recently so maybe there has been a fix quietly included in the build.

#7 ·
Hi HP4020, I can't use Jag Financial Services as I paid cash. No DEKRA report at the moment as the chief technician at my dealer has admitted there's a vibration and he raised the case officially with Jag CS. But DEKRA's always an option if they deny anything. Jag's line is still that it's a characteristic of the engine, utter rubbish as my poll would suggest and as I've pointed out there's no way Jag would design and put to market an engine with a deliberate vibration through the accelerator pedal. The dealer asked me to wait as Jag are looking at 'product improvements' for this 'characteristic' which is tantamount to admitting they know there's a problem but they have no timescale for a fix.
I'm still just within the 6 months and my rejection letter went in on Friday so I await their response. I'm hoping they'll deal with it in line with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as, to be fair, they've been good so far with other issues but if not I'm prepared to go through the courts as well as involving the motoring press and social media so other customer's are aware of the issue before they buy as I'm sure the salesmen don't bring it to customers attention and it certainly isn't listed in the brochure.

#8 ·
Hi all,... hummm !!! Yes what an interesting sales brochure that would make, if it did indeed include all the know (CLAIMED) characteristics and issues you may or may not get with your new car!

Please read terms and conditions carefully,..as your car may not look or sound exactly like the one you are ordering !!! ,... and may be subject to additional restrictions!! PLEASE NOTE !!,...your sanity maybe and risk if you do not keep up to date with your monthly resistance or other sanctimonious agreements made against it!

On a serious note though, I hope they sort this *^%#+^€>< nightmare of issues out, people are not asking for the moon here JLR,.. only what they have paid for and have been promised of a fully functioning vehicle.

How would they feel if the money we paid them got transferred back into our accounts after 2 months!!, and we just casually said "OH that's a characteristic of my money !!"

Regards JC.

#9 ·
It would be interesting to see the model year of the vehicles affected ( and not) , the issue on the Discovery Sport dissapeared after two years in production.
But no admission of any changes made to design was admitted, the problem just went away.

#12 ·
Thanks June16, I'll make my dealer aware if they can't come up with any other solution. Although this fix refers to vibration through the body of the vehicle, the seating and the steering wheel whereas the the driveline vibration is felt through the accelerator pedal when its pressed at 30/50/70mph and through the resting foot on the floor, so maybe not the same defect. It doesn't feel like an exhaust system issue.

#13 ·
The source of resonance and vibration through the car at different revs can be difficult to isolate, so it may not be related, but if it is then it seems it's a pretty straightforward fix after all . . . good find! :)

Mine doesn't seem prone to this, but if it ever develops then I'll save this bulletin for future reference and to show it to my dealer.

#14 ·
when I chatted to the service guy Friday he said peddles steering wheel and floor.

So anything connected to floor would be the same, worth a try though to see if they have actually done this though.

#15 ·
This bulletin was for the overseas-Asian market so vibration is a well known global issue on the XF as well, the dealer did adjust the exhaust on my 2.0D, it made no difference whatever.

#16 ·
Seems it's now for all markets.

The reason they would be aligning the exhaust and losening the engine mounts would be to reduce tension and remove amplification of engine resonance . A bit like the old box record player with the large funnel output,where vibration/ drone is magnified.

It does show they know this problem exists though.

#17 ·
I suspect there's more than one vibration issue, all requiring different solutions, some of which they don't yet have!

#18 ·
Been a while since i posted on here but i am still having problems with my 3.0D S after 20 months and 50K miles....

1. CD still jams and no fix in sight...
2. for the past 6 months i have had vibration in the 1100-1400 rev range (this is ~40-50 mph in a high gear and is a real pain).

I had my car in twice for a week each time on item 2 and the last time they said they ran in alongside an identical car and that was the same so it is a design feature ;). Does anyone else have this issue or has had it in the past?

#19 ·
Actually yes, my 3.0d does have a vibration at 1200 rpm but it is transient, trivial and disappears quickly, an imperfection, made up for by the silky smooth cruising.
The 2.0d that I had vibrated from 1700 to 2100 rpm continually at motorway speed at least 20 times worse.

#20 ·
Yes mine like this too very slight vibration through steering wheel and pedals at certain speeds have had the usual response from local dealer. "have had it on the ramp beside one just of the transporter and all identical underneath, it drives like any other 2,0l F Pace that i've driven and the steering is unbelievably sensitive to road surface variations" NO NO NO this fault was not present when vehicle was new it developed when it was about six or seven months old, I drove a demonstrator previous to making purchase no vibrations there , who in their right mind drives a demo vehicle with a vibration and then orders one the same. So the questions have to be asked when you go to trade it in for another one and the salesman has a drive round the block and then says very slight vibration there what's the knock going to be or will they be programmed like service department to just ignore it. But what about the Volvo salesman or Mercedes salesman etc etc etc how will they program them to ignore it, on the other hand you keep the car what then a vibration is caused by something that well vibrates, something will manifest at some point in time an earthquake is essentially a vibration and see what they can do, could be a cheap repair could be expensive, the only thing that you can be sure of is that it will take more than three years to show up what then.

#24 ·
Jaguar have already had one of their engineers down and he did a full re-calibration of the whole exhaust system, probably assuming it was the known exhaust issue - but no change, or if anything it's made the vibration worse as its now across a broader speed/rev range.
I've always thought it had nothing to do with the exhaust. It's coming through the throttle pedal from the engine when gently and repeatedly accelerating without the turbo kicking in, like you do in steady traffic, at speeds of 50mph and 70mph.
Its bloody annoying and I'm fast losing patience with Jaguar CRC and their dismissive third world customer service attitude. Their latest response is that it's ''REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MARQUE'' . A response so laughable I don't how they could write it.
So if you don't have it in your car please take into your dealer and complain; you're missing a vibration!!

#25 ·
Is this vibration felt only while car is moving or if you reach the doom revs in neutral accelerator pedal?

I feel a tickling on my accelerator when driving over rough tarmac in bad condition, otherwise I don't feel nothing strange and the vibration is only on the accelerator, brake pedal nor resting foot on the floor tickle. I don't know if what I feel is normal and it's just me that I'm to sensitive to these tickles.

#26 ·
Hi Pepelugil, It only occurs when cruising along in traffic at around 30, 50 or 70mph and gently and repeatedly easing off then accelerating just to keep pace with the traffic flow and, importantly, without the turbos kicking in. It's an engine vibration felt through the pedal and also through the resting foot at times.