Driveline Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.

Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration
28%
No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration
72%

Total votes: 54

catwoman

Re: Driveline Vibration

Post by catwoman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:27 pm

KeithL wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:39 pm
It would grate to pay them more money for a different F-Pace but if that resolves the issue then so be it.
It's an interesting way of up-selling though, don't you think?

. . . personally, I don't think I'd ever be satisfied if I had to spend more to only get what I should have had in the first instance.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am

One of the reasons we didn't go for the 3.0d in the first place was cost and the fact that if we want to have real fun we have the XK8. However, if we want an F-Pace that doesn't vibrate then it looks like the 3.0d is the best option (assuming that doesn't vibrate as well) and that is going to be an expensive swap even assuming we can find a vehicle which has the extras we want and, as you say, why should we have to? I have to say I am in a real dilemma over this.

The Dealer (the second biggest by volume of cars in the country they tell me) seems keen to please but are saying they have not had this problem with any other customer before and are not aware of any vehicle rejections for this problem. I can't work out if they are just towing the party line or whether this is in fact the case. I would be interested to hear from any Listers' customer who has rejected their F-Pace because of vibration.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:28 am

Finally the Dealer has very neatly resolved my issue. They have told me "your car doesn’t have a vibration, but rather a change in engine tone when it is under load". Problem solved......not. Sigh.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:48 pm

KeithL wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am
One of the reasons we didn't go for the 3.0d in the first place was cost and the fact that if we want to have real fun we have the XK8. However, if we want an F-Pace that doesn't vibrate then it looks like the 3.0d is the best option (assuming that doesn't vibrate as well) and that is going to be an expensive swap even assuming we can find a vehicle which has the extras we want and, as you say, why should we have to? I have to say I am in a real dilemma over this.

The Dealer (the second biggest by volume of cars in the country they tell me) seems keen to please but are saying they have not had this problem with any other customer before and are not aware of any vehicle rejections for this problem. I can't work out if they are just towing the party line or whether this is in fact the case. I would be interested to hear from any Listers' customer who has rejected their F-Pace because of vibration.
Keith, I've juat swapped my 180D F-Pace for a D300 Velar, both bought on PCP. When looking at the Velar I compared identical spec D240 and D300 variants and was surprised that with everything equal the D300 was quite a bit cheaper in terms of monthly payments, even though the D300 indicated price was a fair bit higher. This was due to the much greater final minimum value and that the D300. Taking into account assumed fuel consumption for the annual mileage I do, higher insurance premiums, etc. the D300 was still the better choice.

I haven't looked but it is possible the F-Pace PCP payments may be similarly back to front :o
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Jim,

Thanks for that. Definitely something i will take a look at.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:38 pm

KeithL

PM for you
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”