Driveline Vibration

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

Does your F Pace have the Driveline Vibration as described above.

Yes, my F Pace does have the Driveline Vibration
29%
No, my F Pace does not have the Driveline Vibration
71%

Total votes: 56

dw-fp-jag

Driveline Vibration

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:38 am

Hi all, I know there are other threads re 'Driveline Vibration' but some have veered off into other subjects so I wanted to start afresh. I'm referring to a tingling type vibration felt through the accelerator pedal at 30/50/70mph as the pedal is pressed. It can also be felt through the resting foot on the floor. It's not the same as the rubbing half shaft discussed on the forum.
My F Pace has had this since new and my dealer has no solution. Jag CS are saying it's a characteristic of the engine and referred me back to the dealer.
So, I'm opening this up to all forum members with the diesel Ingenium engine to get an idea how many F Paces have this engine 'characteristic'. Could you please tick a box in the above poll, either 'yes' or 'no' as to whether or not your F Pace has the Driveline Vibration. I appreciate it's not very scientific but all replies much appreciated, thanks.
R Sport 250t, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

Hydrajaws

Re: Driveline Vibration

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:08 am

My 2 F Paces both had this problem which JLR now foolishly consider it to be characteristic of the vehicle and this was the reason I rejected both and went back to a AWD XF Sportbrake.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Last few days for this poll. Everybody must be one option or the other if you have the Ingenium engine so if you haven't ticked a box yet please do. I may bringing the results to my dealers attention some time this week.
R Sport 250t, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Note the Discovery Sport ingenium 2L does the same , not sure if that’s any use to you . I mentioned it on another thread on here with a link to it. It was evident on my 2nd DS , but absent on my 3rd.

DS owners were fobbed off too as “characteristic”
Same speed 65-70 ,n1200-1500 rpm
Some had mass damper weights fitted to exhaust , some had new engine mounts.which cured.
It was a resonant droning sound felt on accelerator and steering wheel and heard too, it was stemming from the engine.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

hp4020

Post by hp4020 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:06 am

I haven’t voted because my Fpace did have it and was eventually rejected at around 13 month mark.

Don’t be strung along by dealer the way I was, get yourself a Dekra report and arrange rejection through Jag Financial Services.

Mine was rejected last November and it’s still
stood in their car park.
16 plate Fpace 2.0 Auto 4WD R - Sport. Ultimate black, Jet and Ivory, Pano Roof, Jet Roof liner, Reverse Camera, Black Pack, Bionic 19" Grey Wheels- Ordered April 16 Delivered Jul 16.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:06 am

You have to log in to vote!.

There was vibration in the DS that I test drove but was much less intrusive because it kept changing gear gear from 9 to 8 when cruising, any incline it dropped a gear taking it out of the vibration range. It also affects the XF fitted with the Ingenium engine.
We don't seem to be getting many comments in this forum recently so maybe there has been a fix quietly included in the build.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:59 am

Hi HP4020, I can't use Jag Financial Services as I paid cash. No DEKRA report at the moment as the chief technician at my dealer has admitted there's a vibration and he raised the case officially with Jag CS. But DEKRA's always an option if they deny anything. Jag's line is still that it's a characteristic of the engine, utter rubbish as my poll would suggest and as I've pointed out there's no way Jag would design and put to market an engine with a deliberate vibration through the accelerator pedal. The dealer asked me to wait as Jag are looking at 'product improvements' for this 'characteristic' which is tantamount to admitting they know there's a problem but they have no timescale for a fix.
I'm still just within the 6 months and my rejection letter went in on Friday so I await their response. I'm hoping they'll deal with it in line with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as, to be fair, they've been good so far with other issues but if not I'm prepared to go through the courts as well as involving the motoring press and social media so other customer's are aware of the issue before they buy as I'm sure the salesmen don't bring it to customers attention and it certainly isn't listed in the brochure.

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi all,... hummm !!! Yes what an interesting sales brochure that would make, if it did indeed include all the know (CLAIMED) characteristics and issues you may or may not get with your new car!

Please read terms and conditions carefully,..as your car may not look or sound exactly like the one you are ordering !!! ,... and may be subject to additional restrictions!! PLEASE NOTE !!,...your sanity maybe and risk if you do not keep up to date with your monthly resistance or other sanctimonious agreements made against it!

On a serious note though, I hope they sort this *^%#+^€>< nightmare of issues out, people are not asking for the moon here JLR,.. only what they have paid for and have been promised of a fully functioning vehicle.

How would they feel if the money we paid them got transferred back into our accounts after 2 months!!, and we just casually said “OH that’s a characteristic of my money !!”

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 pm

It would be interesting to see the model year of the vehicles affected ( and not) , the issue on the Discovery Sport dissapeared after two years in production.
But no admission of any changes made to design was admitted, the problem just went away.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 am

If this is a characteristic can I reject my car because it is missing and I didn't know until now that it should have it?

:o :oops:
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”