Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Recent problems with Remote App on iphone 7

9K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Katoaristera 
#1 ·
The app suddently stopped loading after 15 months trouble free. Had to delete it and re-install it. Now I'm finding that some recent journeys don't appear at all on my phone, and when I click on those that are there the majority show a straight line between start and end points, rather than the actual roads I've driven. Anyone else having this problem? Could it be the app is now incompatible with the latest iOS update 11.2.2?

#3 ·
I have ipHone SE. Bought Fpace in April 2017. Remote apps and route planner worked absolutely fine to begin with but as of Nov 2017 route planner continually tells me my car is parked at my workplace no matter where I am and fails to connect to journeys. This for me typifies all the problems I've had with Jaguar. They are a brand that promise a lot, and to be fair I have no problems with the mechanics of my car, I just wish I had bought the most basic model and relied on other more trustworthy firms to deliver what Jag promise but really don't seem to be able to deliver; what I have a huge problem with is the amount I have shelled out for technological options that simply don't work, are not as advertised, don't boot up in a sensible time for 2018, or are otherwise substandard and I have never had so many causes for complaint in a single car as this F-pace. All of which boil down to 'don't sell products that are still in beta testing to clients who you hope to retain / attract as future clients'. It isn't too much to ask. If you spend £'000s on a product it should work. Or its should not be released until it does. Or it is a trading standards issue. In other aspects of consumer goods this works. The car industry and in particular Jag don't seem to think this should apply. I will never get another Jag after this one. Best of luck to those who are dewy-eyed about these shysters but for me, coming into the brand for the first time with hope, aspirations and with a mis-placed preconception that the brand's 'Britishness' has some integrity attached to it, this will be forever a learning experience that Jag is not a brand I would place my trust or cash in again. I see this type of practice in my line of work all the time, and the epithets we attach to the bottom-feeders of our profession are not worth sullying this esteemed site over. As a company, for me, Jaguar cast the same 'mien' - their actions fall very far short of their aspirations and I feel completely 'taken in' and am ashamed by it. It's incomprehensible to me how much effort a company will put in to garnering feedback to finesse future technological aspirations when the very basics of their current product don't even reach the starting line. Trying to 'Run-before-you-can-walk' does not even begin to approach the hubris of this attitude. The galling thing is that is so unnecessary. Mechanically and stylistically the F-pace could be a wonderful car and for many people it clearly is. For me my experience has been disappointing and I work in a cohort of folks who Jaguar should be looking to entice away from their BMW / Merc / Lexus / Audi loyalty. In my car they have done the opposite and none of these folks wild ever by a Jaguar given the number of loan cars they have seen me in over the first 12 months of ownership.

Jaguar, rather than asking people, in hermetically-sealed internet feedback-groups (with brilliant follow-up questions - "We've sold you a car that doesn't work properly but if you could describe in three words what the most impressive things are about Jaguar, which of the following great/impressive words would you use....") about how they feel the cabin lighting could make their day more joyful in the future, why don't you start producing £50K cars that work properly rather than treating your (1-off) clients like jerks? I love the way my car drives, but the crap I have spent £'000s on which doesn't work, (including for ****s sake a CD player and even that doesn't work, in a £54K car, are you ****ing kidding me?!) its a cynical and incompetent company that delivers that sort of product.

Jaguar - for me you are close to delivering great product but also very far away and this for me will be a flirtation not a romance.

#4 ·
At least you feel better now that's in the open !

#5 ·
may have 'unleashed' slightly! Not without good cause though...

#6 ·
My remote start has been working fine for the past 6 months but for the last 10 days every time I want to use Jaguar Remote App it requires me to delete the App and reload it in order for it to work! Painful! Is this a problem with Jaguar Servers or what can I do to fix this!!!!
Frustrated!!!!!

#8 ·
Mine still works fine, but they just published an update apologizing for some users experiencing crashes.

#10 ·
RDB1 said:
Can I ask where you saw this as I have never had an update

Thanks
If you are using an iPhone the updates are available from the App Store, click the App Store app and any updates should show up in the updates tab, I imagine it is the same for an Android phone.

#11 ·
I have an iPhone 7s, updated last week, around 9th Feb, now have the same problem with straight line routs showing. Also can not access services like remote climate and beep and flash. It says the car has gone into sleep mode even though it was used less than an hour ago. :eek:

#12 ·
bmennis said:
My remote start has been working fine for the past 6 months but for the last 10 days every time I want to use Jaguar Remote App it requires me to delete the App and reload it in order for it to work! Painful! Is this a problem with Jaguar Servers or what can I do to fix this!!!!
Frustrated!!!!!
I have been doing this as well, very annoying. Anyone know how we can report this to jaguar/apple.

#14 ·
Not sure if this will help you but I have had very similar issues. I have found that if I fully quit the app (iphonex) so that it is not running in the background then it works next time that I want to use it. So I open it, remote start the car so that the engine is running and then I quit the App. Next time I use it, normally in the morning, it has been ok. Hopefully just a temporary fix.

#16 ·
I experienced that when I am back home and park the car in underground parking where there's no signal, the last journey is not shown and it appears only next time I take the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.