All Season Tyre choice

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Markotley

Re: All Season Tyre choice

Post by Markotley » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:58 am

Hey JAGFlubster
I have just fitted the 850p winter tyres to mine and they seem fine as no skipping in the recent cold.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:22 am

JAGFlubster wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:26 pm
I asked jaguar customer relations which winter and all season tyres are approved for my 20" wheels.

The answer was the the pirelli scorpions and the Conti ts850p. They don't approve any all seasons. I will probably go for the continentals.

June. Who supplied yours? I see oponeo are selling them for 222 each.

Flub!
Got my 850p from Lancaster Reading .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 am

Oponeo were the cheapest with free delivery as I got them for £219 per tyre delivered to a local tyre fitting service. On line they were around £260 from other suppliers.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:22 am
JAGFlubster wrote:
I asked jaguar customer relations which winter and all season tyres are approved for my 20" wheels.

The answer was the the pirelli scorpions and the Conti ts850p. They don't approve any all seasons. I will probably go for the continentals.

Flub!
Marshalls Didcot said that they didn't have any in stock. Did you get a decent price from Lancaster?

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Markotley wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 am
Oponeo were the cheapest with free delivery as I got them for £219 per tyre delivered to a local tyre fitting service. On line they were around £260 from other suppliers.
That's probably the option I will go with.

Thanks

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:02 pm

JAGFlubster wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm
June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:22 am
JAGFlubster wrote:

Flub!
Marshalls Didcot said that they didn't have any in stock. Did you get a decent price from Lancaster?

Flub!
Yes , but after a lot of grief in the process, due to no stock and just fitting Pirelli’s thinking I wouldn’t notice.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4269

£812 fitted. Plus full car valley inside and out :roll:
Next time local tyre fitter fir me!
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagrsport

All season tyre choice

Post by Jagrsport » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of using their Jaguar F-Pace with Continental Cross Contact LX Sport tyres in the snow ?

Also, anyone with any experience of using the Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres in the snow ?

I’m trying to decide the best all season tyre to fit for winter.

Regards
Jagrsport

catwoman

Re: All season tyre choice

Post by catwoman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Jagrsport wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of using their Jaguar F-Pace with Continental Cross Contact LX Sport tyres in the snow ?

Also, anyone with any experience of using the Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres in the snow ?

Regards
Jagrsport
Hi Jagrsport, welcome.

I've moved your post into an existing thread which has discussed winter/all season tyres at some length. Suggest you take a look back through this thread as it may provide you with some insight and save others who've already posted from having to repeat themselves. I had Michelin Cross Climates on my previous Evoque and found them to be a very good all round solution, plenty of grip in winter conditions and not too noisy . . also handled well in warmer, drier summer conditions too. So I would expect they would perform well for the FP too, if you can find them in the right size for your rims.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Deltasierra

Re: All season tyre choice

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Jagrsport wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Regards
Jagrsport
I had Conti cross contact on my 2.0D F pace they are good in light snow and light off-road much better than summer tyres that cars gone
There was a set with 18 in rims advertised so bought them which are now on my 3.0D Portfolio in comparison to the Sport tyres previously they are more flexible so smoother ride and are quieter. They have the M&S rating but no snowflake, obviously no substitute for full winter tyres but in lowland England will get me home.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Jagrsport

Post by Jagrsport » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi,

thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

The Michelin Cross Climates are available in the size I require 255/55/19 but I am still torn as to which ones to go for. The Continental Cross contact LX Sport is the Jaguar rated tyre but I’m not so sure how it would fair in ‘beast from the east’ weather that we had earlier this year.

Any further advice would be appreciated. Many thanks again.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”