Wi-fi hotspot abroad

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
billwright

Wi-fi hotspot abroad

Post by billwright » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi

I have a 3 SIM card installed on a non ICTP F Pace. Has anyone used this set up in France? I could not get any Wi-fi at all over there. Roaming was shown as enabled.

Ta

Bill

Jacksoag

Re: Wi-fi hotspot abroad

Post by Jacksoag » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Yes my roaming wi fi hotspot worked fine in France and Spain with ICT and Three sim card. Take to dealer?

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:50 pm

I wonder if it is dependent upon the terms of your data SIM?

I have a Velar. I am in Austria right now and our EE data SIM worked like a dream through the Netherlands, Germany and Austria. EE allow you to use their EU national networks as if it were the UK. Identical. The lad had his iPhone hooked up and I had my iPad connected.

Is that what you have with 3?

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:14 am

All mobile data should be covered under the 'Roam like at home' EU ruling that came into force this summer, I.e. within the EU (maybe some other areas as well) you can use your data allowance as if you were in your home country. The only limitation is if you have unlimited data then this is limited to 8GB (or could be 12 I can't remember off the top of my head) per month and there is also a residency check as well whereby in any year you have to use the device mainly in your home country. Your mobile sim provider should be happy to provide the details.

This is not something the nice cuddly mobile companies did for their customers out of the kindness of their hearts, they were forced kicking and screaming in to doing it predicting the end of civilization as we know it if they had to :lol: :lol:

I used my sim in my mobile while on holiday in Portugal in August and nearly used the 8GB limit with my Grandaughter watching Youtube. I'm lucky enough to have a sim only contract with unlimited data for £11 per month - a long story but over the last 4-5 years despite being phoned regularly no mobile operator has managed to come anywhere near this plan for data, voice and text. :D
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”