Frozen windscreen wiper fluid

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Milesg

Frozen windscreen wiper fluid

Post by Milesg » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:09 am

Yes I know you can get special antifreeze fluid but I ran out last night and refilled with fairy liquid/water. Just done an hour on the motorway and urgently needed to spray windscreen.

You'd think after an hour the heat from the engine could be utilised to unfreeze it?! I know it's probably all cars but if I designed cars I'd heat the water or the exposed jets

catwoman

Re: Frozen windscreen wiper fluid

Post by catwoman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 am

Washing up liquid should not be used in the screen wash reservoir, ever, it will block the washer jets. Unfortunately, I doubt that your screenwash not working will have anything to do with being frozen, it'll most likely be gummed up :cry:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 am

Milesg wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:09 am
Yes I know you can get special antifreeze fluid but I ran out last night and refilled with fairy liquid/water. Just done an hour on the motorway and urgently needed to spray windscreen.

You'd think after an hour the heat from the engine could be utilised to unfreeze it?! I know it's probably all cars but if I designed cars I'd heat the water or the exposed jets
And washing up liquid is well known as damaging to paint....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Probably best to flush through with plenty of water when you next get chance and refill with the proper winter grade stuff, maybe keep one in the boot for emergency next time.

Are the nozzles not heated on our cars? Or was that extra as well?
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”