ICT Pro 'Streetview'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.

How often have you seen 'Streetview' of your destination either searching, or on arrival?

Once
24%
Quite Often
21%
Never
50%
What is Streetview?
5%

Total votes: 38

corriescar66

ICT Pro 'Streetview'

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:12 pm

This hasn't been discussed for a while, but now we have more members who complain a lot less about their poor functioning ICTP, I am interested to know if anyone has ever seen a 'streetview' of their destination.

I have had a lovely image of 10 Downing Street when as an experiment I asked it to take me there, but other than that it has never worked on any destination over the last year.

Of course, JLR could use the get-out clause 'only when available', but if no one sees it then it clearly doesn't work and we have been sold a pup for a mere £1200.....

Cheers!
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Gdank

Re: ICT Pro 'Streetview'

Post by Gdank » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 pm

TBH there isn't "I don't care" option ... even when I have seen Street View I don't see the point, so instantly hit start anyway.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 am

Gdank wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 pm
TBH there isn't "I don't care" option ... even when I have seen Street View I don't see the point, so instantly hit start anyway.
This is possibly true, and why the tongue in cheek, 'what is streetview'.. for those that don't know or don't care...

However, this time last year it was mentioned quite a lot and now, along with many thread items that were prominent, no longer discussed...

In spring 2016 NO demonstrators had ICTP so picking it as an option relied on brochure speak, or vague enthusiasm from salespeople that it was 'much better'...

Many of the improvements spouted over ICT are either not there or don't work. Streetview is just one, albeit slightly pointless, that I was interested to see if more recent builds worked as per the brochure

If streetview is ticked in your nav settings you either see it or you don't when using the sat nav. It's just a simple poll to get an idea of a function that either works or doesn't - whether Streetview is worth it or not is another question entirely.......
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am

I would like to add that it's not a simple case of some locations working and others not. My street would appear when I selected "home" on around 10% of occasions.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am
I would like to add that it's not a simple case of some locations working and others not. My street would appear when I selected "home" on around 10% of occasions.
Was that both cars?

Did you think your 3G was working all the time? I'm convinced part of the problem is the nav isn't connecting regardless of what the 3G indicator says.....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 pm
JLRnumber5 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:03 am
Was that both cars?

Did you think your 3G was working all the time? I'm convinced part of the problem is the nav isn't connecting regardless of what the 3G indicator says.....
Yup same on both the "dodgy 3G" and "rock solid" variants.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 am

Hi
The same system is in the DS
This is what users have found.
I can't test this as I don't have my car yet :-( However it appears linked to how you choose the destination.
They say fuel locations are tied to low level fuel light is the other finding from below, seems bizarre but maybe that's possible.
Here's the post .

Yes it works in the UK on mine, but NOT if you just enter a destination by postcode. You need to use the route planner app and type your destination in (it lists just about everything - for example,Mathis morning I needed to go to a village hall in a remote location in Oxfordshire, but sure as eggs, it was there on the route planner when I typed it in to my iPhone).

As you approach, (and as long as you have data enabled and wifi on) in the bottom left, you get a 360' panoramic street view.

You can swipe it for a sattelite view when travelling - don't confuse the two, but it's useless and chews data...far better to stick with 3D mapping.

With regards the list of fuel stations, this also works but the Nav program needs to be active and running in conjunction with the low fuel level warning - this brings a prompt up to search for nearby stations by brand and /or price - again, you need to have a data connection active at the time.

Hope that helps

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:13 pm

My street view popped up today for first time in a while. I used postcode.
Might try to keep an eye on it with a few journeys coming up this week.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

ptolemyiv

Post by ptolemyiv » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

It works for me with a bit of lag but really doesn't add anything!
3L Petrol, Loire blue, Ultimate Black, Pano, AdaptLED, AadaptCC, BlindSpot, LaneKeep, Privacy, Parking, 18-way memory, ITCP, 825W, Cold Climate Pack

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 am

Marginally off-topic (apologies) but does anyone else find it slightly annoying that, whilst you can plan routes online using the online InControl Route Planner site, you can only edit the name of your route in the car (ie not on the site). Just seems a bit odd to me :?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”