ICTPro NAVIGATION TEST

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
corriescar66

ICTPro NAVIGATION TEST

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Can I ask any of you kind people who are going on a reasonably long trip via a motorway over the next few days to try a little experiment and post the results?

Basically, try adding a way point by searching for 'Motorway Services' 'on route' and see what it comes up with. I don't have a pre-set search heading for these, so unless you have one, you will need to type it in 'search'....

It would be better if the trip was ~100 miles + as it would be interesting if it picks them all up

Also, when you are obviously passing a Service area, see if the map displays an icon and/or gives you any info on it

This is Clackets Lane on mine:

WP_20171121_12_45_24_Pro.jpg

Just grey outline of road layout... This is on an 8 year older system on my XKR a few days later at the same place..

WP_20171129_14_36_42_Pro.jpg

A bit fuzzy, sorry, but gives name and along the top the little boxes show what 'services' are available eg petrol, food etc

Over the last year mine cannot find motorway service stations, either 'on route' or 'most relevant', laughably displaying ones on the M3 & M4 when I'm 200 miles into a trip in France and even more amusing, when on the M4 it listed 2 in India and one in Pennsylvania, USA - and I've only got Europe maps loaded!!! Other gems searching for 'Motorway Sevices' include a florist, a car dealer and a Kwik Fit centre..
Despite many requests to Jaguar Customer Services as to if this is just a fault with mine, or a basically crappy, unfinished piece of software, I still have had no answer in over 7 months

Any help you can give would be most appreciated, thanks! :-)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

corriescar66

Re: ICTPro NAVIGATION TEST

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Is anyone going to try?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:11 am

Hi CD. Obviously I can't any longer however as a happy user of the XKR system too (and similar in RRS/Evoque) I can say that the service station function on the ICTP, whilst considerably poorer than the previous versions, was a lot more accurate than your current experience.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 am

I think the problem is it doesn’t really recognise motorway services as a term (not one that’s populated properly). I can see a few in there but as you say some certainly aren’t on route at all and ends up trying to give you a waypoint way off route .

Other categories give similar results as it looks for closest and “most relevant” but not en route.

As a function and term just doesn’t work.
Haven’t tried it on the go see if it’s more localised but once I’m on the move those services in 20 miles is what I’m relying on.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 am

Example test search for Airport on route.
I’ve got Heathrow, Gatwick, city airport , Stansted, Brighton, Farnborough and Luton yet I set a trip to Liverpool up the M40 from M3.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”