Locking with Keyless Entry

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Milesg

Locking with Keyless Entry

Post by Milesg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Infuriating me that it rarely seems to lock when I press on the indent on the handle and then have to try and find my key!

Always detects key when opening or driving so presumably not a weak battery.

Is there a knack to making the doors lock that I'm missing??

RDB1

Re: Locking with Keyless Entry

Post by RDB1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi Milesg

Had the same experience when I first had mine.

Don't hold the handle when you try and lock, for ease just use your finger or thumb in the indent of the handle. Its very sensitive and I think holding the handle confuses the entry/exit routine. There is something about this in the manual but can't remember the specifics but it definitely should work if you just touch (even lightly) the indent.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm

RDB1 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm
Don't hold the handle when you try and lock, for ease just use your finger or thumb in the indent of the handle.
This ... if you are not putting your fingers behind the handle then there is something wrong, speak to dealership. However I find that just pressing my thumb on it is enough.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Mine don't like working if the handles are wet.....

Although it has improved with age and rarely refuses to work now...
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Milesg

Post by Milesg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Just touching the indent. Might try different handles to see if it's the sensor

mik

Post by mik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm

I find this tricky on ours too - even when only touching the indent.

Wish it had physical little buttons like our Disco4 did.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:39 pm

After some tries, I find a perfectly working way : brush the handle wiht the external of the hand. It works on every handle, front or back.

On the other hand :lol: I really don't succed in making the tailgate working :oops: : tried many ways but it works once in ten
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

DPE

Post by DPE » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 pm

No real issues or problems with mine. Always have the key in my pocket and touch the indent with one finger tip. Works first time 95% first or the other 5% touch two times
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 pm

so far no issues for me, light touch of the indent with finger locks it, and a quick second tap apples deadlocks and cars beeps. I find that if you are holding the handle (as you would to open it - which I might add it opens with no issues for me) then I don't think it locks as Gdank said...might be getting a tad confused "do you want me open or locked?"

This seems to work pretty well on all four doors (front and rear unlock and lock (so long as key is on your person somewhere !

I also find that brushing across the outside of the handles locks the car.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Milesg

Post by Milesg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 pm

I think I've worked out that the trouble i have locking the door is when I have had the boot open prior to trying to trying to lock doors (most journeys I have to open and shut boot). Whether it doesn't let you until boot fully locked and trying too early stops it working. If I don't open and shut boot always works. I do have a very clunky boot close so maybe car not happy boot properly closed even when it is

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”