Brake squeak driving me crazy

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
finwoodhill

Brake squeak driving me crazy

Post by finwoodhill » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:02 am

Brakes (think it's front driver side, but not 100%) started squeaking intermittently around 6 weeks ago. Took it to dealer who could not find any issue but messed about with it for an hour cleaning various bits and said it was unlikely to re-occur. One the way home squeak started again :|

Took it back in a week later (having noticed in the interim that brake squeak seemed particularly noticeable when the weight was bearing forward ie, coming down level by level out of a multi-story car park) Two hours of cleaning, test drive etc, assured me it would be fine. Squeak re-occurred that evening. I received a call the following morning to check that I was happy with service received, I said "no" as problem had not been rectified - caller sounded concerned and said she would get someone to call me right away - the rest of the day went by, no call :(

I then called the following morning and was put through to a senior guy in the service department who then admitted there was a "known issue" with F-Pace brakes and that a new brake pad was being developed. When I asked how long they had known about the fault I was told "quite a while" and he could not explain why I had had two wasted journeys into the dealership for an issue they know they cannot apparently correct. When I asked when these new brake pads will be available I received the rather ambiguous reply "a few weeks". I have asked them to call me with an update after Christmas but am not hopeful.

Meanwhile I am driving round in a car that is attracting glances not for its lovely looks, but for the ear-piercing screech it makes. Not happy at all :cry:

Car: 2ltr Portfolio Italian Racing Red, Reg: 31/03/17 13,500 miles

Jags cat

Re: Brake squeak driving me crazy

Post by Jags cat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi, this is the same fault as my wife’s Evoque,... and she was told a new pad was being developed and tested!! Finally got the new pads installed over a year later ,.... and just before JLR exchanged her vehicle for another Evoque! So far 5000 miles and no squeaks,..... however my F pace @ 14,000 miles has now decided to start to squel first thing every morning for the first few braking manoeuvres!!

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:59 am

Same for me! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Started at around 18,000 miles back in October, called the main dealer and was told “JLR are aware of the problem and working on it”, still awaiting remedy or modification...

UK 1st Edition Caesium Blue, April 2016

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 am

One of my courtesy car Velars had the same problem. But the screeching brakes only affected it while cold for the first few applications and then it was gone. Is that the case for you?

Never had it on the courtesy F-Pace cars we were given after rejecting our Jaguar. Our own Velar is fine. Odd how they differ.

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:13 am

Arianne wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 am
One of my courtesy car Velars had the same problem. But the screeching brakes only affected it while cold for the first few applications and then it was gone. Is that the case for you?

Never had it on the courtesy F-Pace cars we were given after rejecting our Jaguar. Our own Velar is fine. Odd how they differ.

Arianne
Yes, it only occurs when the vehicle is ‘cold’. I suspect many owners will be affected by this problem once their vehicles have covered 15-20k miles! :oops: :cry: :oops:

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:22 am

My Discovery Sport had this problem when cold, new pads were developed. Mine had the front discs and pads changed, it’s much better now only squeaks on the first brake application very occasionally.
Discovery Sport 2.2 HSE

F Pace Due March 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack

finwoodhill

Post by finwoodhill » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, worrying (yet reassuring!) to know I'm not alone!

swager

Post by swager » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Yes dumped the DS after only 12 months as had the same issues with the breaks and various other problems now the F Pace has started to do the same after 3 months on cold mornings 3500k on the clock . So not amused and will having a chat with the dealer along with sorting out Jag remote .other then that after 3 months of ownership we’ll pleased with the F Pace

Cheers

Swager

Return to “Faults & Technical”