ICTP switched off

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
RDB1

ICTP switched off

Post by RDB1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

Hi

Has anyone experienced this?

As I left work last night I started the car and my ICTP did not switch on - Blank/Black screen. I restarted the car a couple of times but still the same. As it was late I drove home approx 15 miles, it never came on. When I got home I checked the manual for a full off button but couldn't find anything. I then left it for an hour and when out and re started the car and it all worked again.

I have no explanation for what happened and it was a strange feeling but has anyone else experienced this or is there something else I could try? It is all working again this morning....

Many Thanks
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

lozpace

Re: ICTP switched off

Post by lozpace » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 am

The systems don't fully shut down until a number of minutes after the car is turned off. It is always best to switch off and leave the car 10-15minutes before restarting then all the systems will reboot and hopefully work correctly again.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

Yes, it seems to be quite a frequent glitch that can occur with the ICTP system boot-up. If you read back through the forum you will find a great many mentions of the same thing happening to others. The reasons aren't clear why it sometimes happens, seems to be fairly random. But you did exactly the right thing to just leave it to fully power-down. As lozpace says, give it at least 15 minutes for everything to switch off properly and hopefully it will all start back up at next ignition. Not had it happen on my ICT system in eighteen months of driving it, but maybe it's 'cos it's a less memory intensive system.

But don't you just long for the days when you could just get in a car and go! . . . oh, hang on, were those the same good old days when you sat there on a cold morning twisting the ignition key and listening to the engine turning over and not firing up as the battery slowly died? . . . yeah, good times!
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks Catwomen and Lozpace - The car had not been used all day so why it didn't spring into life is a mystery. yes catwomen maybe we were just getting too clever for our own good but its great when it works!

its in the dealers next week for a paintwork correction and I've asked for a check over and diagnostic check - we'll see if that brings up anything, suspect not though.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:15 pm

This has happened once to me in 8 months. Slightly annoying was that it was on a longish journey when satnav would have been useful....! However, the radio still worked, and I discovered that aside from the screen being blank, everything was working. I know this because I inadvertently switched on the heated car seat (somehow) and then couldn't switch it off! Sure did get a hot bot!! :oops: :oops: Wife couldn't stop laughing though! :lol:
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:21 pm

I had this on both mine but it was whilst driving along, screen was all working and then all went blank, all the dealer told me was Jaguar we’re aware nd it would be resolved with an update, sounds like the update has not worked out to correct the issue.

Worth double checking with your dealer you have the latest update for the ITCP system just to be sure.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Yes thanks all it is being checked by the dealer next week. Its quiet comforting to know that Jaguar could be aware of this, that could mean a solution...we'll see.

Thanks

Return to “Faults & Technical”