ICT Pro System December update due

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Re: ICT Pro System December update due

Post by mike72uk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am

Might explain why I was told that my car was up to date when I collected in late Nov yet I don’t have the revised seat icons or some of the amended settings options !

Not really grumbling as all seems to be working reasonably well, biggest moan is that using InControl Apps and Spotify can sometimes be a bit of a pain to create the initial connection and having to select “Allow” each time the phone is plugged in

M.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am
Might explain why I was told that my car was up to date when I collected in late Nov yet I don’t have the revised seat icons or some of the amended settings options !

Not really grumbling as all seems to be working reasonably well, biggest moan is that using InControl Apps and Spotify can sometimes be a bit of a pain to create the initial connection and having to select “Allow” each time the phone is plugged in

M.
If it pretty much works. Stick with it for now until the next main patch as the big thing I've found is that the slow startup is getting pretty tedious. A remote start sorts that but I forget at times.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am

M.
If it pretty much works. Stick with it for now until the next main patch as the big thing I've found is that the slow startup is getting pretty tedious. A remote start sorts that but I forget at times.
Cheers, yeah will go with what I have at the moment as it's mostly functional. Strangely enough I have found that on the couple of occasions that I have remotely started the car and then got into it some minutes later, the screen/ICTP seems to go through a full reboot, going blank and then restarting (when there was an image on there when I initially got into the car !

the only real gripe (which is more out of frustration than anything else) is the rather flaky connectivity for InControl Apps. You'll connect the phone, it prompts for you to "allow" the F-Pace to connect/interact, then it fires up InControl Apps screen, and then randomly will go to an unavailable error in the middle fo the screen, or to the image showing the various ports (like it's not even recognizing the phone as connected ! Disconnect/reconnect or shutting apps (InControl app on phone + Spotify) seems to resolve it ! Also, if phone has no signal, you can't use Spotify through the ICTP as it says it needs internet connectivity, yet I have a number of files/playlists downloaded for offline use !
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:24 am

The patch did appear briefly but there were issues so it’s January now, mid to end.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 pm

I see that there is SSM73700 - InControl Touch Pro 17C Update Concerns now listed on Topix, if anyone with a subscription wants to see what this says ?

Mr P

Post by Mr P » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Try previous page

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:07 pm

My ICTP took 5 miles before it decided to boot up this morning, luckily I was taking it to the dealers this morning and I’ve been told an update will be realised mid Jan which is designed to address the slow start up issue. Name is firmly on that list!!
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks for the update, funnily called my dealer yesterday and they advised update on hold expected release 2nd week January 2018.
So everyone seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet at least.

Bit of a game now guessing what won’t work when starting up each day, screen, radio,heated seats, phone.
Maybe we shouldn’t let Jaguar know, they might charge more for this extra feature!
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:33 am

I think that was an extra pack on the build

The working pack
Selecting this option enables your jaguar to be the best it can be, using state of the art electronics and an ounce of decent engineering your jaguar will work as intended.

Apparently it can’t be retrofitted
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

PeterSaam

Post by PeterSaam » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 pm

From the US

Like you, we have been informed that this update will be held over to January. The topix item outlines reasons due to the installation process and specs of the flash drive used by dealers.

BUT BUT BUT

Several US owners have had this update applied and lo and behold

wait for it

one reports that the NAV system now includes VOICE COMMANDS!!!!

some touch screen pics featured on the US forum

Merry Christmas

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”