Hardwiring Dashcam - switched and permanent fuse connections

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Hardwiring Dashcam - switched and permanent fuse connections

Post by mike72uk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Evening all,

Right, so I've managed to successfully install a blackvue DR750S-2CH dash cam (front and rear, and have the power magic pro device to hardware it.

This essentially requires a permanent live and a switched live connection. I have the fuse-taps to tap off the front passenger footwell fuse box, and was wondering if anyone knows which of the fuses here might be permanent live and which might be switched. (otherwise looks like i might have to run the permanent live directly back to the battery, which would be a right royal p.i.t.a given the location of the battery in the boot !

Any help/guidance greatly appreciated !

Regards
Mike
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

AndyS

Re: Hardwiring Dashcam - switched and permanent fuse connections

Post by AndyS » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Mike,

See other thread on this subject ....... Within this there is info on power feeds....

Andy
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe & Volvo XC40 (First Edition)

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks AndyS,

I spoke to the folks that I got the Dashcam from (Blackvuehd.co.uk) today and their "chief" technical guy Gary, who was exceptionally helpful. More around wanting to know how the Power Magic Pro operates, but he asked what car, and then proceeded to reel off which fuses should be permanent live and which are most likely switched, and most importantly, which to leave the hell alone (airbags etc).

Once the correct fuse taps arrive (hopefully tomorrow) should be able to give it a bash, as everything else is run and and set.
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am

Hoorah,

All wired up and working a charm. Used PF4 (Diagnostics) for permanent live and PF7 (Second row auxiliary power socket) for switched live.

Now just to get a wi-fi hotspot that stays active when the car ignition is off !

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Pop up some images of your hard work as it may help others. :D
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm
Pop up some images of your hard work as it may help others. :D
Will do when I can get her out of the garage this weekend into some decent light hopefully !

Regards,
Mike

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”