Rattle from rear of vehicle

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
musher

Rattle from rear of vehicle

Post by musher » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:42 pm

I've noticed over the last few days even more so now that the cold mornings have arrived that I seem to have attracted a horrible what can only be described as a rattling/creaking noise coming from somewhere in the rear of the car. The strange thing is that it seems to disappear once the weather warms up a bit. Anyone else had this?
Now arrived 2.0d Portfolio auto, Caesium Blue, light oyster interior, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, configurable mood lighting, 4 way lumber support, ICTP, reclining and remote release rear seats, and air quality sensor.

Gato Grande

Re: Rattle from rear of vehicle

Post by Gato Grande » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm

You haven’t left one of the kids in there Musher overnight and they’re cold...and when the car warms up they’re ok.....😂

On a serious note, not seen any other threads about this as in from the rear,
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush, albeit a bit dusty at the mo.......👍😘

Heatha05

Post by Heatha05 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm

I had something similar with my old Freelander 2. Turns out there was a plastic clip missing from the GPS and antenna fin on the roof, so when the weather was cold, and the cable was therefore stiffer, it would rattle annoyingly, in a really hard to find spot!

I’ve also had a rattle in the F-pace which I eventually traced to the electric sunshade on the panoramic roof, which didn’t always seem to fully close. Occasionally I have to open and re-close to make the rattle from the rear of the car dissapear.
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

musher

Post by musher » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Cheers I'll try that tomorrow morning just hope it's not an annoying clip that's either missing or come lose as that could be a right nightmare trying to locate it!!
Now arrived 2.0d Portfolio auto, Caesium Blue, light oyster interior, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, configurable mood lighting, 4 way lumber support, ICTP, reclining and remote release rear seats, and air quality sensor.

musher

Post by musher » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Well it still hasn't disappeared if anything it's got considerably worse. They only way of describing it is like a window rattling but gets worse on uneven roads. I've gone round the whole car banging it to see if I could find where it was coming from and the only thing that sounds similar is when I was tapping the heat shield surrounding the rear end of the exhaust. Does this sound a plausible??

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Anything loose in the tool kit area ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Saski

Post by Saski » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I’d take it back to the dealers- mine had to go back to the body shop last week (along with other things in the service dept) as I too had a creaking (already had rear suspension issue sorted twice!). Apparently it was actually some body panels rubbing, which is quite shocking but I was assured that there is no issue re corrosion from the rubbing panels.

Can still get a slight creaking if I try, but much better than it was.

Saski
June 2016: Polaris R-Sport AWD & black where it's needed 8-). You have to love them to own one.........

musher

Post by musher » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:57 pm

The thing I don't understand is the rattle (or whatever you want to call it) seems to have only used started since we've had these cold mornings. I took delivery of the car in Sept and there wasn't a sweak coming from it but it has only got worse as the weather has got colder these last few days or so

CJPM

Post by CJPM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 pm

try the boot closure- Hold the boot lid under the centre lip and push and pull whole boot as thought trying to open and close. Mine does this as boot locking mechanism is fautly and doesn't soft close. Boot then rattles over uneven roads etc
3.0D V6 - Ammonite Grey

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”