Odd noise when I drive the wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
adrianFpace

Odd noise when I drive the wheel

Post by adrianFpace » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 am

Hello everybody,

I have a F-Peace for 6 months. After 3 months of use, some odd noises (such as cracks) appeared in the steering column at the turn.
Now the car is in service for 1 week and I still do not know when it will be repaired.
Did you have the same problems?

Adrian

corriescar66

Re: Odd noise when I drive the wheel

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 am

adrianFpace wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 am
Hello everybody,

I have a F-Peace for 6 months. After 3 months of use, some odd noises (such as cracks) appeared in the steering column at the turn.
Now the car is in service for 1 week and I still do not know when it will be repaired.
Did you have the same problems?

Adrian
Hi Adrian,

I had this earlier in the year - it would 'creak' or 'crack' if you moved the wheel when driving..

Speak to your dealer, it's a relatively simple fix which I believe involves replacing a bolt in the steering column.....

Hasn't recurred on mine since the 'fix'....
Last edited by corriescar66 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am

I get the odd noise when I drive too. It's says things like "you're too close to that car" etc etc.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:00 am

Yes a service repair for this one. Normally pretty quick one but maybe they have other items to replace like telematics, upgrade ICTP etc etc so a week might be about right, just get an update from them.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am
I get the odd noise when I drive too. It's says things like "you're too close to that car" etc etc.
Then there's the one that says 'Hey, quick put that paper bag back on your head, someone might see you in this Audi.....' ;)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Supermackem

Post by Supermackem » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 am

Seems a good thread to post this on..........I think this is totally normal and want to hear if other drivers have the same.

When parking up and turning off the engine.....getting out of the car, I hear a quiet but noticeable "high pitched series of fast beeps" going off from under the bonnet (hood - for you lot over the pond, lol). Stops after 5 seconds or so.
2.0D 2018 R-Sport. Fuji White, Pano roof, 10 way Electric seats, 19" 5 spoke Black Wheels, Black Pack, Config Int mood Lighting, Auto dim Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Meridian 380 watt, Rear seat recline, Privacy Glass, 2nd row remote release.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 am

Yes, Supermackem, perfectly normal . . it's just systems shutting down. I have also noticed a fairly quiet long single pitch note, which is also something electrical doing it's own thing. Nothing to be concerned about.

The OP's question seems to be a distinct fault on the steering. Dealer should be able to fix. Do please let us know the outcome.
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

adrianFpace

Post by adrianFpace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:04 pm

I was in service. one piece must be changed to the steering column. I'm scheduled Monday. keep you up to date.

adrianFpace

Post by adrianFpace » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:11 am

Good morning.
On Saturday I was able to get the car repaired after the second attempt. At first programming, they just found it a defective bolt. It was necessary to schedule it to change it. The car was in service for 6 days only at the second intervention.
I also had a noise in the left front door, it also repaired: the crane was dismantled.
I'll think better before going to service now.

Return to “Faults & Technical”