Jaguar Remote Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
catwoman

Re: Jaguar Remote Issues

Post by catwoman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:30 am

Chris_G wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am
Current position appears to be fine but last few journeys are hit and miss, my start and end journeys are sometimes shown as the crow flies and not following the road at all.

Really? . . not at all? . . . you probably realise that it works by contacting the car at intervals, every so often, rather than constantly, so it will update as you progress along a route and follow the road by drawing lines between the nodes where it contacted the car. If you zoom in on the map, closely, you may see the straight line wandering off the bends and twists in the road, between the nodes, but it should still generally follow the route.
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Ed in Dorset

Post by Ed in Dorset » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Same here. Car’s location is accurate but the route has been shown as a straight line (as the crow flies) for the last few days. Thought it was my 3 3G subscription expired. Obviously not!
3.0D S in Odyssey Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, fixed Panoramic Roof and "Splash Guards". Fully functioning ICTP. Recently had its first service and update to ICTP V3.0 - all working well and no problems noticed.

Doug

Post by Doug » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 pm

It's hit or miss if my route is shown on the actual roads I drive on.

I have "airplane mode" turned off on my phone :D

IMG_1235.PNG

F pace R sport 2d auto. Ammonite grey. Black pack. 20" black venoms. Fixed panoramic roof. Privacy glass. Mood lighting. 380w sound. 19" space saver spare. Rear view camera. Cup holder gloss cover + dog guard

Ed in Dorset

Post by Ed in Dorset » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm

As of 15 minutes ago, all is now working as it should!

EF4B9CD3-77A7-4A30-BE0D-4B5E09C7F456.png

3.0D S in Odyssey Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, fixed Panoramic Roof and "Splash Guards". Fully functioning ICTP. Recently had its first service and update to ICTP V3.0 - all working well and no problems noticed.

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm

My Jaguar remote App (on a Samsung S7 Edge) was showing my car where I parked it on sunday morning. its now saying its at home. With some certainty I can say its at the train station and has been since 6am yesterday morning

The latest route showing is Sunday 24th. I actually think its just running 2-3 days behind in some kind of bizarre way. Pretty sure the cars movements are matching those on Sunday.

weird, or is it just quirky!

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Foxylady

Post by Foxylady » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 pm

JAGFlubster wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm
My Jaguar remote App (on a Samsung S7 Edge) was showing my car where I parked it on sunday morning. its now saying its at home. With some certainty I can say its at the train station and has been since 6am yesterday morning

The latest route showing is Sunday 24th. I actually think its just running 2-3 days behind in some kind of bizarre way. Pretty sure the cars movements are matching those on Sunday.

weird, or is it just quirky!

Flub!

Yes this is exactly what I'm seeing Flub. It catches up with itself every now and again and then falls behind. It's not so much the journeys data that bothers me...... I just don't like the fact it is telling me my car is somewhere it isn't. Makes that feature totally useless if it lags behind.

Anyway - it's obviously an issue at the Jaguar end, so hopefully they will get it sorted as it was working fine until Saturday when it all started to go wrong! Someone probably tripped over a wire and pulled a plug out of a server room somewhere!

Nothing back from my dealer yet

Foxy
2.0 Diesel RWD Automatic Prestige in BRITISH RACING GREEN with Latte/Espresso, Rear Camera and Space Saver

Foxylady

Post by Foxylady » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 pm

catwoman wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:15 am

By the way, Foxy, I checked my app this morning and it seems to be working correctly for me . . has yours started behaving again now?

It has caught up for now..... who knows when it will next flake out!!!
2.0 Diesel RWD Automatic Prestige in BRITISH RACING GREEN with Latte/Espresso, Rear Camera and Space Saver

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Foxylady wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 pm
catwoman wrote:

By the way, Foxy, I checked my app this morning and it seems to be working correctly for me . . has yours started behaving again now?

mine isn't...clearly its something personal

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Foxylady

Post by Foxylady » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm

JAGFlubster wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm
Foxylady wrote:
catwoman wrote:

Flub!

Try sweet-talking it...... :lol:

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Foxylady wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm
JAGFlubster wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm
Foxylady wrote:

Flub!

Try sweet-talking it...... :lol:
bloody thing! might trade it in for an Allegro. I could fix that with a spanner

Flub!

Return to “Faults & Technical”