Jaguar InControl Remote - how to add or delete vehicles

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
ksf

Re: Jaguar InControl Remote - how to add or delete vehicles

Post by ksf » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 am

So now they will try to arrange Telematics Service Desk in UK to help to solve this issue. Not sure when this would happen, will update then later.

RockhopperJ

Post by RockhopperJ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 pm

ksf wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi roma0803,

good to know I'm not alone :)
Yes, I got that disclaimer popup too.
I did try creating German account also - did not help. When I was at my dealer we together tried all the possible combinations - no joy.

On Friday I got some response back from the Finland. I was asked to check if the red SOS light is on. which I confirmed that yes, it's on - red.
they also said: "one diagnostic application must be carried out to the vehicle so a workshop visit is required." So I booked visit on Tuesday. maybe I will get some progress then. I hope.
KSF - You are not alone - my car is a UK car delivered within the UK to a previous LandRover Range Rover Owner. My account has had the Range Rover deleted (by me) and initially failed to add the new vehicle as it said it was already registered to another owner. I called my dealer this morning, they reset the account/unlocked the car VIN and now when I log in I get the same issues as you, claims my car is partially set up, asks me to add a nickname etc., then click next only to get the same "An error has occurred" as you. The dealer is baffled and I've logged a ticket with JLR Support who 'claim' this is the first they've heard of this issue!
25t - R-Sport, Caesium Blue, Black/Red 18-Way, Meridian, Interactive Dash, LED headlamps, Power/Fold mirrors, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps - Born 18/11/18 - Delivered 8/12/18

ksf

Post by ksf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

sorry to hear that you also have this problem. but at the same time knowing that more cars are affected makes me feel optimistic that the solution is not far away...
I still could not find a suitable time slot to go for this telematics support session.. will try to fix an appointment with my dealer this week.
I somehow think it is something wrong with the server side, not the car itself.. anyway I will update when I have something new. Likewise please post if you get something to share.

roma0803

Post by roma0803 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 pm

I've had support from JLR customer services, but without luck. They forwarded my issue to their tech desk, so maybe they can figure something out. And I have an appointment at my Jaguar dealer next Thursday. He want's to update the software (and in the process give my Apple CarPlay ;-) ) and see if he can solve the issue.

To be continued...

ksf

Post by ksf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Today my issue was solved.
I now have the car connected to my Incontrol account.
I don't know the solution yet, asked for some reference details to share with you, but so far did not get any comments.
I got yesterday an activation request email, which was triggered by JLR tech support. I tried to activate, but it did not work - same error. I reported back to the dealer by email - that it did not help.
Today in the morning I tried to process that last activation step - still same error. But now tried in the afternoon and it just worked.
I'm travelling today, and the car is at home in the garage, so cannot test if everything is functioning - but I see on the app some of the details about the status - so looks that there is connection to the car.

I hope to have some comments on what was done to get it activated, but I'm almost certain now that issue is on the application server, not the car.
Hopefully will update some more tomorrow.

roma0803

Post by roma0803 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks for your post ksf. Congrats your issue is fixed.

So due to your post I tried to finalize the registration in My InControl and guess what, I was able to finish the registration and connect my car to my account.

I guess one of us managed to get the correct desk to do the thing that was needed. Happy with the result :-)

June16

Post by June16 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Must be frustrating for both of you.

There is a reset ( used when in control gets out of sync with the car.
I doubt it will help you but may be worth a try in light of no other fixes at the moment.

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone. ie force quit it so it's no longer running.
2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive.
3. Press and hold the "B-Call" button (the left hand LR Assistance 'Spanner' button) in the overhead console for 15 seconds. The light will then blink on and off as its resyncs with the InControl service. Leave the car running while you do this.
4. Open the Remote app and log in.
You should start to see things syncing again.

Or in your case...
Maybe this will give it a kick in the right direction, and maybe let you set up ??
Worth a try I suppose , it forces the car to speak to the web site when it gets stuck.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

ksf

Post by ksf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 pm

roma0803 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm

So due to your post I tried to finalize the registration in My InControl and guess what, I was able to finish the registration and connect my car to my account.

I guess one of us managed to get the correct desk to do the thing that was needed. Happy with the result :-)
Great! Good to hear you also got it sorted ;)
Yes, must have been some server issue which our “attacks” got somebody to notice them and fix.
Could have been that one of the servers needed a good kick to start working ;)

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am

ksf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:30 pm
roma0803 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Great! Good to hear you also got it sorted ;)
Yes, must have been some server issue which our “attacks” got somebody to notice them and fix.
Could have been that one of the servers needed a good kick to start working ;)
Good news for both of you , sad it took so long though 👏👏👏👍
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

ksf

Post by ksf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:47 pm

So if anybody will face such issue in the future, they should contact their dealer who should make a
TA (Technical Assistance request) in GCM (Global Concern Management) and send to TSD (Telematics Service Desk).
They will check and make an adjustments on the Server database side and it should resolve the issue. maybe it was a bug, which was fixed permanently - that we don't now. There is nothing wrong with the car itself.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”