Jaguar InControl Remote - how to add or delete vehicles

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
musher

Jaguar InControl Remote - how to add or delete vehicles

Post by musher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Firstly my apologies if this subject has been covered before but I couldn't find it if it has. I'm due to collect my new FP next Friday and currently own a 2017 XF with the full jaguar in control remote option. How do I either cancel or delete my current vehicle details and set up the new one once I've collected it next week?
Now arrived 2.0d Portfolio auto, Caesium Blue, light oyster interior, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, configurable mood lighting, 4 way lumber support, ICTP, reclining and remote release rear seats, and air quality sensor.

Jagfpacejk

Re: Jaguar In control Remote

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Firstly sign out of each account associated with your car.

Then delete all profiles and clear your search history.

Options to do this are located in Navigation settings and Live settings.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

bensales

Post by bensales » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 am

On your current car do what Jagfpacejk said.

Or you can do it via the website. Go to https://incontrol.jaguar.com/jaguar-por ... /dashboard

Select the car on the top left, then click the cog 'Vehicle Settings' on the top right...

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 10.04.06.png

Then select 'Remove vehicle'

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 10.06.58.png

You can add the new car in a similar way from the initial screen...

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 10.08.16.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 10.09.52.png

2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks for raising and responding to this question. :)

Nice and clear, I am sure the information will be very useful to others when their time comes to either add or delete vehicles from their InControl accounts.

I've made this thread a 'sticky' so it'll always be clearly visible at the start of the Faults & Technical section of the forum.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Wookiee

Re: Jaguar InControl Remote - how to add or delete vehicles

Post by Wookiee » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Can someone clarify the "connected users" bit for me? Does that mean that I could add 'er indoors with her own versions of the apps?
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

bensales

Post by bensales » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I think it means you can have multiple people with the InControl Remote app on their phone, all with the ability to start, open, condition the car etc. InControl Apps is a different app on the phone. But yes, it could have different apps on your wife's phone than yours because all the car does is display the app from the phone.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

Milesg

Post by Milesg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:27 pm

In respect of this if you're buying a used f pace make sure the seller removes your vehicle from their account. I couldn't link car to myself as was showing as already linked to someone else. I got told when I phoned jaguar that if I went to a local dealer with proof car was mine they could reallocate to me but when I went they were adamant they couldn't and it could only be done by previous owner. Luckily I managed to get the previous owners email address off the screen in my car and they responded (had bought off a dealer).

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:41 pm

As others know on here even though I was told by the dealer they had removed me, I was able to view both my F Paces for many months after they'd been sold on.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:30 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:41 pm
As others know on here even though I was told by the dealer they had removed me, I was able to view both my F Paces for many months after they'd been sold on.
Me too, just looked again and I can still look up ect my previous two cars.

Not sure what the new owners are doing but they are not using this feature.

I have deleted my account and apps to try to help them in case they want to use the features in the future.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”