click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
pepelugil

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by pepelugil » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

Hello,

My 2.0D AWD R-Sport MY2017 has developed also this clicking noise at front end when turning wheels, here you have a (bad) video where you can clearly hear it: https://youtu.be/K-n4p8IzVCE

I’ve seen there’s a newer topic with the same problem: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4596&start=50, but as it seems focused to SVR, I’ve thought it would be better to post here…

I've taken the car to the dealer 4 times and they just say it's normal, because according to them, due to F-Pace and E-Pace break system they are prone to generate this noise over time. They cleaned my front brake pads and applied grease to break springs twice, but as I expected, nothing has changed and the click noise is still there.

I’ve told them to look at topix SSM73473, SSM73403 and SSM74253 as I’ve seen here and in the American forum that they are related to this noise, but they simply say that my car isn’t inside the VIN range of these topix and now I’m in a dead end.

Could anybody please share the VIN range of these topix or tell me if there are new topix related to clicking noises when turning?

Thanks and best regards

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 pm

It was my SVR that made the clicking noise (sorted with a new wheel hub assembly) and FWIW your noise does sound similar - is your car still under warranty?
I cannot see how the click relates to the brake design - in any event good luck trying to sort it out.
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

pepelugil

Post by pepelugil » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Yes, my warranty ends in June, and as my dealer seems to be lost, or plainly, they are ignoring me, I think I'll take my car to another one hoping they are cleverer finding my problem.

Your SVR was affected by any topix regarding this noise, or did your dealer find the problem after analyzing and testing directly your car?

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:15 pm

From memory there was a topic regarding the SVR clicking but the dealer still insisted on hearing it for themselves before authorising a repair (which was a pain because the click was intermittent)

pepelugil

Post by pepelugil » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:25 am

Thanks, and do you remember if you could hear the noise inside your SVR with closed windows or if they needed to be open?

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 pm

The noise was much more obvious with the window open but I could hear it with the windows closed after I knew what I was listening out for

txjaggirl20

Post by txjaggirl20 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Hello, I am having the same issue with my 2020 svr.. Did anyone get theirs resolved yet?

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm

It’s the tyres stretching happens worse with bigger wheels Mercedes Glc 63’s are prone to this also if you look on YouTube you’ll see .
There’s nothing you can do about it but is common on large wheels suvs . I always tried not to lock the wheels fully and take it easy . I’ve never heard mine do it
F pace SVR blue gone
Coming 2021 f pace svr

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:15 am

Haven’t heard it on my Continental Tyres, just Pirelli on previous F Pace and XF
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Another nail in the coffin for the cruddy Pirellis!
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; LEDs; reclining rear seats; towbar