click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
wuthered

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by wuthered » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:04 pm

I changed from Pirelli to Continental. Sorted.

jonnyvtec

Post by jonnyvtec » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:37 pm

Seems it’s can be from uneven wheel bolt clamping load on the disk, with time corrosion on the hub face creating the issue. Changing the tyres simply meant the wheels were removed and retorqued rather than the actual tyre change to solve the issue.

wuthered

Post by wuthered » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 pm

Possibly you are correct. The dealers had the car for a day and said the clicking was due to the McPherson strut and not to worry. Does anyone experience this on tyres other than Pirelli?

jonnyvtec

Post by jonnyvtec » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Oh dear Dealer, its a double wishbone front, not Macpherson .

keet

Post by keet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am

I just had my 2020 SVR for a week and the clicking sound got louder and louder especially in the heat and after some braking and cornering. Thank God for forums. I was waiting for my dealer to give me an appointment to go into the workshop. But i thought, what the heck... just try what a few others in this and the USA forum did, which was to re-torque the wheel lug nuts. I went to the tyre shop and instructed them to remove all 4 wheels, turn them half round rotation and re-install them as they would any other car. The car is silent now!

Makes me think either JLR doesnt torque their wheels the right amount or right sequence, or the car had been sitting in the dealership for too long (it was sold only after almost 10 months).

But glad the issue is solved.
2020 SVR