Who's had to put AdBlue in yet?

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
luminated

Who's had to put AdBlue in yet?

Post by luminated » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:42 pm

I've for the first had to top up my AdBlue tank at 8900miles and was wondering who else has done it and what miles did the message appear.
F-Pace 3.0dS Glacier White, Black leather, Black Pack, 22" Double Helix Black, InControl Touch Pro 825w, Cold Cilmate Pack, 10 way with memory, AdSR, Space Saver Wheel & Lane assist.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN ;)

AndyS

Re: Who's had to put AdBlue in yet?

Post by AndyS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Mine came up with message saying needs to be topped-up at around the same mileage - Apparently the sequence is a standard message, then a countdown from 1500 or a 1000 miles - cannot remember what dealer said, and I ain't reading the manual :)

Anyhow - just took to dealership and they topped-up under the service plan.
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:50 pm

6500 miles and it alarmed for AdBlue. It took 14.5 litres to fill, so I suspect it was not brimmed when I first picked it up- again bought service plan so free top up- don't know how much Jaguar would charge for 14.5 litres ?
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Have done just over 10,000 miles (mostly motorway cruising) and still not added any!

Must check later as wife is nicking the car for the week next week and if the warning came on the world would no doubt end :o :lol:
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

chastt

Post by chastt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:00 pm

My info panel popped up with a warning at spot on 12000 miles and as I've got a service plan thought it would be a simple job to just roll up at the dealers and they'd send someone out with a bottle to top up the tank.
Apparently if you are Jaguar it's not that simple, and they have to 'plug the car in, let their diagnostic equipment tell the mechanic how empty the tank is, and refill it with the correct amount' Hey ho.
So car was dropped off this morning to have this done. The Service Receptionist said that they also needed to check the torque on the steering ball joints and inspect the steering rack for premature wear as their have been some reported problems (?? anyone else heard of this??).
15.7 ltrs of AdBlue and a 'Complimentary Vehicle Health Check' -which went so far as to measure and record thickness of brake discs (10% worn to 11mm thick), remaining tyre tread depth (4.9 to 6.2mm over 12 readings), percentage of water in brake fluid (0%), etc etc. In fact this health check was, as far as I can work out, pretty much everything you get done at a service less the oil changes.
So all-in-all a long way of letting you all know that I have had used 15.7ltrs of AdBlue in 12226 miles and that Strastone Cheltenham are a bit OTT (but in a good way).
2.0ltr Polaris White F-Pace for the commute and 3.0S Italian Racing Red F-Type for the weekend

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:28 pm

chastt wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:00 pm
My info panel popped up with a warning at spot on 12000 miles and as I've got a service plan thought it would be a simple job to just roll up at the dealers and they'd send someone out with a bottle to top up the tank.
Apparently if you are Jaguar it's not that simple, and they have to 'plug the car in, let their diagnostic equipment tell the mechanic how empty the tank is, and refill it with the correct amount' Hey ho.
So car was dropped off this morning to have this done. The Service Receptionist said that they also needed to check the torque on the steering ball joints and inspect the steering rack for premature wear as their have been some reported problems (?? anyone else heard of this??).
15.7 ltrs of AdBlue and a 'Complimentary Vehicle Health Check' -which went so far as to measure and record thickness of brake discs (10% worn to 11mm thick), remaining tyre tread depth (4.9 to 6.2mm over 12 readings), percentage of water in brake fluid (0%), etc etc. In fact this health check was, as far as I can work out, pretty much everything you get done at a service less the oil changes.
So all-in-all a long way of letting you all know that I have had used 15.7ltrs of AdBlue in 12226 miles and that Strastone Cheltenham are a bit OTT (but in a good way).
I was told this is a turn up, have a coffee and drive out experience, glad i moved from Diesel to Petrol. ;)
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 pm

For me it was a phone call to say I need some Ad-Blue, told to just a drive up and pop-in (which I did within the hour), quick cup of coffee and away we go..... They did at the time also check outstanding updates on TOPIX (of which one was the torque settings on steering joints) and duly arranged a better time to get everything done.
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I am just coming up to 10000 miles so I am expecting the adblue message any day. I have the 5 year service plan so does this mean I can just take it back to the dealer for a free top up?
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Mig

Post by Mig » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi !
I've done 22000km before having to add AdBlue.
1st F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, Shitty Adaptive Dynamics
2nd F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, No AD = much better

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 pm

On my 2.0 d had a top up at 8500 miles and covered on the service plan
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Return to “Faults & Technical”