360 surround camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
June16

Re: 360 surround camera

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:09 pm
June16 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:20 pm

This was down on the multi climate zone system which is designed to work but does not and they just buried there heads and did not reply to emails.

The dealer was amazing shame Jaguar customer services was so bad, had to chase them for an answer and each time the reply was there tech experts do not know why it was not working correctly and they kept you waiting and waiting.

Do not want to be the bearer of bad news but Jaguar Customer Services are seriously slow to respond and when they do you get the same corporate response.

Good luck, your going to need it.
I believe multi climate zone now has a fix?
.....the rear temp control was mistakenly linked to the front fan control.

I've had a lot of good luck getting things fixed in the past though , so hoping that still holds true.

I also find that customer services input is limited due to the nature of their job, however, a good relationship with the dealers service department ( not the guy on the desk) works wonders.
That's interesting considering JLR and customer services and their technicians said there was nothing wrong with the system, would be interested to hear from others with this system if there's has been resolved.
Does your rear adjust the front fan then and not the temp? Depends on your issue.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am

June16 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
June16 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am

I believe multi climate zone now has a fix?
.....the rear temp control was mistakenly linked to the front fan control.

I've had a lot of good luck getting things fixed in the past though , so hoping that still holds true.

I also find that customer services input is limited due to the nature of their job, however, a good relationship with the dealers service department ( not the guy on the desk) works wonders.
That's interesting considering JLR and customer services and their technicians said there was nothing wrong with the system, would be interested to hear from others with this system if there's has been resolved.
Does your rear adjust the front fan then and not the temp? Depends on your issue.
Well documented here,

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2773&hilit=climate+control
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:38 am
June16 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:26 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:

Well documented here,

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2773&hilit=climate+control
Theres A fix out where by rear temp control was mistakenly linked to front blower speed
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

neilox1

Post by neilox1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Just checked out whether the grey box is bigger than the car, it seems that the edge of the box is 300mm from the front and rear of the car, so they can’t say that it represents the car size.

3851871B-DCB9-4EF4-BACF-A64C7B1EA871.jpeg

D841FCD5-DDF1-4282-AFC8-23A8228C3DD7.jpeg

75EADC32-7259-4ABC-A552-1021599BF069.jpeg

R-Sport 2.0D, corris grey, opening pan roof, ICTP, 18 way seats, LED headlights, folding mirrors

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm

neilox1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm
Just checked out whether the grey box is bigger than the car, it seems that the edge of the box is 300mm from the front and rear of the car, so they can’t say that it represents the car size.
Interesting, as my car image (without the grey surround) is effectively bigger than the actual vehicle. As an example, if I reverse up to a line across the rear of the vehicle, on the rear camera, I can see the line and if I stop with it just starting to be hidden by the bumper (in the rear camera image) on the birds-eye view, the line is somewhere under the boot of the car.

M.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:44 pm

neilox1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm
Hi
I did that today too with a box
What I noticed is the front camera cannot show far enough downwards to be able to see directly down from its location
Even if you select front cameras on its own and click on the camera image , hit zoom, and make it point down ( there are three settings once you click in the image up middle and downwards).

What I noticed was the camera can’t see directly the 6 inches in front of the car.
This is incidentally the same at the rear it misses directly underneath and for about 4 inches rearwards.

It begs the question can your individual cameras see the paint tins any better in the above example 360 image of them.

So the dealer saying to me that he thinks this was a design change, done to stop people hitting things , may actually be partially true. Even though from my point of view I’d rather see the correct size image without the box . It just shows that some people cant judge distance properly and complained so we got a box .....nanny state and all that.

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

From testing today
The old image is taken from the same cameras as new with the grey box , so it seems to indicate if you are inching forward or backwards you need to use individual front / rear cameras as the old 360 view would have you running over an object by say 300 mm?

The proof would be someone with the old image putting down two paint tins front and rear a couple of inches away from the bumpers whilst parked and then seeing if 360 view can actually see them, then compair this to single front and rear camera view they have.

Thus their fix is a grey box.

I still think they are great , I’ve not run over the Rose bed since using side view to reverse out of the curved driveway. But it’s good to know the limitations of 360 at front and rear

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

June16 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm
From testing today
The old image is taken from the same cameras as new with the grey box , so it seems to indicate if you are inching forward or backwards you need to use individual front / rear cameras as the old 360 view would have you running over an object by say 300 mm?

The proof would be someone with the old image putting down two paint tins front and rear a couple of inches away from the bumpers whilst parked and then seeing if 360 view can actually see them, then compair this to single front and rear camera view they have.

I still think they are great , I’ve not run over the Rose bed since using side view to reverse out of the curved driveway. But it’s good to know the limitations of 360 at front and rear
Or stick a tape measure from the front bumper outwards and see if you can read the measurement on the tape, if it does not read zero then you know it was wrong.

As stated it could be JLR oversized the car in the image to lose the grey area but can not see why this would cause anyone to hit anything as you would, in fact, be further away so perhaps that's what people moaned about that it looked like they were going to hit something when in fact they were quite some distance away.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

neilox1

Post by neilox1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 pm

If you look at other makes that have this ability none have such a large unseen area, Volvo, Audi, bmw all show the area very very close to the car, not 300mm away.
R-Sport 2.0D, corris grey, opening pan roof, ICTP, 18 way seats, LED headlights, folding mirrors

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm
June16 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm
From testing today

Or stick a tape measure from the front bumper outwards and see if you can read the measurement on the tape, if it does not read zero then you know it was wrong.

As stated it could be JLR oversized the car in the image to lose the grey area but can not see why this would cause anyone to hit anything as you would, in fact, be further away so perhaps that's what people moaned about that it looked like they were going to hit something when in fact they were quite some distance away.
But what if a child or a dog sat down there ?
Or a kid puts his toys there ?

Whilst parked and you drove over it

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”