360 surround camera

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
neilox1

Re: 360 surround camera

Post by neilox1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Just back from the dealers, I was told that the greyed out area is now “standard”. They even printed out a photo from another car they had showing the same. So given that there are examples of the surround image without the greyed out area on this forum I think my only option now is to contact jaguar direct. Does anyone have any useful email addresses for that? Also, more picture examples without the greyed out area would be very helpful.
R-Sport 2.0D, corris grey, opening pan roof, ICTP, 18 way seats, LED headlights, folding mirrors

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm

I’m booked in next Friday and will be raising this issue too.

So far upgrading to ICTP at £1780 and adding surround camera at £990
Mean I have no voice control of sat nav and a camera picture that’s pointless, both of which worked fine on the standard ICT 8 inch screen I had before.

I’ll take a picture of the one on the other thread without the grey box with me to the dealer.

Just because another vehicle they test is the same doesn’t make it correct, I think they’ve messed up somwhere and used the wrong image for the car.

You can write to CRC at mailto: jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com
I’ll probably do that if I get no joy from the dealer next week.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 pm

All I can say is good luck with your issues with Jaguar.

Having had many times to contact them there service is well, being polite, awful.

I expected better and hope you get it.

The answer some cars have it so it must be right is rubbish, if some have it and others do not the it means the ones who have a greyed out error have an issue as other do not, do not let your dealer fob you off.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:10 am

One thing I’ll check tomorrow is whether the grey box is the actual size of the car or the car inside the box is.
Guessing a bit of chalk on the drive will show that up.

If the same software is used across multiple vehicles as we see with ICTP updates it could even be the wrong car image in the box ....E-pace springs to mind ??
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:31 am

It’s also listed at 5:09 on their own video

neilox1

Post by neilox1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 am

The grey square is definitely bigger than the actual car, I parked it in my garage which confirmed it.

I had a very unsatisfactory first visit with the jaguar service department overall yesterday, first they kept me waiting 30 minutes when I had arranged the time to be with them, then the technician refused to sit in the rear seats of the car when we were driving around to try and find some squeaks and rattles. (I told him 3 times the noises were in the rear and he needed to see the tailgate move around, but he didn't seem interested!) So when I picked it up, they faffed around another 30 minutes, told me the surround camera image was normal, "tapped" up the sunroof rattle! Then left me standing in the carpark for 20 minutes waiting for him to bring the car round, only to find that they hadn't bothered to wash it (he had promised that they would twice "as a free service"). So I left with a car that had technicians hand prints all over the roof and boot.
I am sure Jaguar will send out a questionnaire on the service experience, it won't get a great score. Not the kind of service I was expecting on a £50k car. Sorry for venting !!! Maybe my expectations are too high. Oh, and after driving the 30 miles home from the dealers I don't think they fixed the tailgate issue either.
R-Sport 2.0D, corris grey, opening pan roof, ICTP, 18 way seats, LED headlights, folding mirrors

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 am

It would’ve intetesting to see if anyone with the latest ICTP update (Ver 3, Rev 3 - “helmet edition”) and 360 surround view has the same (i.e has the car image changed as part of the update).

I still have the v2.5 that mine left the factory (in Nov ‘17) with and I don’t have the grey bits at the front and rear of the vehicle image on the 360 view image!
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:23 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 am
It would’ve intetesting to see if anyone with the latest ICTP update (Ver 3, Rev 3 - “helmet edition”) and 360 surround view has the same (i.e has the car image changed as part of the update).

I still have the v2.5 that mine left the factory (in Nov ‘17) with and I don’t have the grey bits at the front and rear of the vehicle image on the 360 view image!
Nope, the birds eye view has remain unchanged through all updates, always showing the edge of the car, with no grey bits...

Personally I don't really bother with that view - it cannot be zoomed & is too small to see any likely kerbing events.

I use the two side cameras & at least, once you've gone through the fiddly selection process, they seem to return once you re-select 'D' from reverse, which is something that didn't happen before 3.5

Why they don't have shortcut menus as per Range Rover versions, so you can just select 'Kerb View' etc

Not wishing to be a spoiler June16, but my voice nav doesn't work - well it can cope with 'Navigate Home' & that's it.

It did this before I updated to latest map version. So, 6 hrs download, 30 mins upload and......

Now the voice command hardly works at all on anything & the nav commands remain limited to 'Home' when it does work

So JLR - perhaps the problem with voice recognition is occurring with the map update and not necessarily v3.5/17C?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm

June16 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:31 am
It’s also listed at 5:09 on their own video

5:09 the video is only 5:08 long :shock:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

neilox1

Post by neilox1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I agree corriescar66, the image is pretty useless as it's too small, the Volvo one is much more useful as the screen is in portrait mode instead of landscape. The Volvo was demonstrated driving through an obstacle course just by the 360 view with the windows blacked out, you couldn't do that with the Jag screen! One solution would be to turn the car through 90 degrees on the screen but then it wouldn't be lined up with the direction of travel which maybe confusing.

The only reason its an issue for me is because I hate paying for something that doesn't work properly.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”