Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

360 surround camera

43K views 75 replies 17 participants last post by  SuperXstyle 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is just curiosity , what is in this video is true for the surround camera?

Thanks.

Salvador

#4 ·
The cameras show you how you are parked in a bay from overhead and also you can select either side view and two views are available at the same time so I think they are useful.

#6 ·
uses the 360 degree cameras to map its position and then the car is just sat in the middle of these camera positions, the car is a static image with the camera images overlay around the car..

#10 ·
neilox1 said:
9701429C-E155-428C-AF22-21B3B079488A.jpeg
Can anyone tell me if this image of my 360 camera looks correct? I was a bit disappointed to see the greyed out box immediately next to the car, as all of the other examples I have seen haven't had this.
No that does not look right if your saying the ground is not grey at the rear only.

Have you tried the arial view on say tarmac to see what it does?

#13 ·
I have that same square grey box.
I was disappointed to see it as I didn't see that in my previous DS with surround cameras on the standard 8 inch system.

If you get any joy from the dealer please let me know.

#14 ·
neilox1 said:
9701429C-E155-428C-AF22-21B3B079488A.jpeg
Can anyone tell me if this image of my 360 camera looks correct? I was a bit disappointed to see the greyed out box immediately next to the car, as all of the other examples I have seen haven't had this.
That's not something I see - complete view of ground around car outline...

What happens when you look at either of the side cameras?

The grey box implies it can't see the front wheels?

#16 ·
The car is in the dealers on Friday to fix a couple of rattles so I will ask them about this and maybe about getting the software updated to version 3.0, grrrrr the car is only 4 weeks old!!

#21 ·
Just back from the dealers, I was told that the greyed out area is now "standard". They even printed out a photo from another car they had showing the same. So given that there are examples of the surround image without the greyed out area on this forum I think my only option now is to contact jaguar direct. Does anyone have any useful email addresses for that? Also, more picture examples without the greyed out area would be very helpful.

#22 ·
I'm booked in next Friday and will be raising this issue too.

So far upgrading to ICTP at £1780 and adding surround camera at £990
Mean I have no voice control of sat nav and a camera picture that's pointless, both of which worked fine on the standard ICT 8 inch screen I had before.

I'll take a picture of the one on the other thread without the grey box with me to the dealer.

Just because another vehicle they test is the same doesn't make it correct, I think they've messed up somwhere and used the wrong image for the car.

You can write to CRC at mailto: jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com
I'll probably do that if I get no joy from the dealer next week.

#23 ·
All I can say is good luck with your issues with Jaguar.

Having had many times to contact them there service is well, being polite, awful.

I expected better and hope you get it.

The answer some cars have it so it must be right is rubbish, if some have it and others do not the it means the ones who have a greyed out error have an issue as other do not, do not let your dealer fob you off.

#24 ·
One thing I'll check tomorrow is whether the grey box is the actual size of the car or the car inside the box is.
Guessing a bit of chalk on the drive will show that up.

If the same software is used across multiple vehicles as we see with ICTP updates it could even be the wrong car image in the box ....E-pace springs to mind ??

#26 ·
The grey square is definitely bigger than the actual car, I parked it in my garage which confirmed it.

I had a very unsatisfactory first visit with the jaguar service department overall yesterday, first they kept me waiting 30 minutes when I had arranged the time to be with them, then the technician refused to sit in the rear seats of the car when we were driving around to try and find some squeaks and rattles. (I told him 3 times the noises were in the rear and he needed to see the tailgate move around, but he didn't seem interested!) So when I picked it up, they faffed around another 30 minutes, told me the surround camera image was normal, "tapped" up the sunroof rattle! Then left me standing in the carpark for 20 minutes waiting for him to bring the car round, only to find that they hadn't bothered to wash it (he had promised that they would twice "as a free service"). So I left with a car that had technicians hand prints all over the roof and boot.
I am sure Jaguar will send out a questionnaire on the service experience, it won't get a great score. Not the kind of service I was expecting on a £50k car. Sorry for venting !!! Maybe my expectations are too high. Oh, and after driving the 30 miles home from the dealers I don't think they fixed the tailgate issue either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.