Apple Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Reggraham

Re: Apple Carplay

Post by Reggraham » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 am

I thought the idea of the new ICT was that the owner was able to do software updates without a trip to the dealer, that's the way it was sold to me and the impression you get from the Jaguar web site. I'm on 18B and when I run the check for updates it says there are no updates for the ICT and for car software it just sits with the rolling squares of death till I get bored with it.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 am

rpvidal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 pm
Could all that got sucessfully ACP/CP installed let us know If they also have WiFi in their cars? Seems to me that only cars with WiFi can have the Smartphone package enabled!
I’ve got Wi-fi , but don’t see why it would be needed, it just connects off the phone usb.

Perhaps the Wi-fi is needed more for over the air updates to ICTP than AA/CP.
Last edited by June16 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:18 am

Reggraham wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 am
I thought the idea of the new ICT was that the owner was able to do software updates without a trip to the dealer, that's the way it was sold to me and the impression you get from the Jaguar web site. I'm on 18B and when I run the check for updates it says there are no updates for the ICT and for car software it just sits with the rolling squares of death till I get bored with it.
I got 18c ( required for car play) , was told over the air will come out soon.... but car play /Android took priority, it’s just a matter of time I suppose.
Guess they are working on it
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Binary

Post by Binary » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:20 pm
Binary wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:47 pm
I've just checked with Jaguar Stockport (part of Sytner group) and they say the update has been pulled from the dealership with no date as of yet as to when it is being sent back :-(
Installed yesterday all working fine .

I’ve seen a couple of dealerships saying it’s pulled on various forums but there is nothing on Jaguars site about a stop on the roll out.

I asked my dealer and he said there is no stop on the roll out, it may just be that your dealer has not yet updated “his in house software “ so that they are able to roll it out.

Ask him why other dealers are continuing with no issues 😀
I suspect the main difference could be you have a MY18 and I have a MY17
Loving my: 2.0 AWD Portfolio, ultimate, Oyster Windsor interior. 20" matrix , incontrol touch pro, sliding roof, cupholder cover.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am

Binary wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 am
June16 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:20 pm
Binary wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:47 pm
I've just checked with Jaguar Stockport (part of Sytner group) and they say the update has been pulled from the dealership with no date as of yet as to when it is being sent back :-(
Installed yesterday all working fine .

I’ve seen a couple of dealerships saying it’s pulled on various forums but there is nothing on Jaguars site about a stop on the roll out.

I asked my dealer and he said there is no stop on the roll out, it may just be that your dealer has not yet updated “his in house software “ so that they are able to roll it out.

Ask him why other dealers are continuing with no issues 😀
I suspect the main difference could be you have a MY18 and I have a MY17
Nope. Mine is a MY17 and had it loaded yesterday.

rpvidal

Post by rpvidal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Reggraham wrote:
According to Jaguar in order to activate the Smartphone pack the vehicle must have the Wifi module "factory installed". The update will not be installed using WiFi or the wifi will be used for ACP/AA usage. It is a requirement to be an eligible car.

That makes no sense for me . From my knowledge there is no relation between ACP/AA with the WiFi module. Second, ACP/AA should works with or without USB cable, as BMW and some other does. But I am aware that on JLR models USB cable is mandatory :cry:

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:00 pm

rpvidal wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:17 pm
Reggraham wrote:
According to Jaguar in order to activate the Smartphone pack the vehicle must have the Wifi module "factory installed". The update will not be installed using WiFi or the wifi will be used for ACP/AA usage. It is a requirement to be an eligible car.

That makes no sense for me . From my knowledge there is no relation between ACP/AA with the WiFi module. Second, ACP/AA should works with or without USB cable, as BMW and some other does. But I am aware that on JLR models USB cable is mandatory :cry:
Some cars not just JLR need the usb, it’s all dependant on whether blue tooth element is enabled by the car manufacturer.

No mention of Wi-fi needed in link below , but the dealer should know the requirements or , if you can’t get an answer I suggest you just email CRC and see if they can explain why .

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4002&p=56535#p56566

rpvidal

Post by rpvidal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:04 pm

June16 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:00 pm
rpvidal wrote:
Reggraham wrote:

Some cars not just JLR need the usb, it’s all dependant on whether blue tooth element is enabled by the car manufacturer.

No mention of Wi-fi needed in link below , but the dealer should know the requirements or , if you can’t get an answer I suggest you just email CRC and see if they can explain why .

Hi,

This is the official communication from JLR

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us ... r-vehicles

See paragraph that starts with "Smartphone pack....". That is my source for that info.

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:33 pm

rpvidal wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 pm
It is a package that must be "enabled" in order to Apple Car Play or Android Auto works in ICTP.
Thanks rpvidal.

Therefore I understand that my car 2018 model with ICTP can have last software and AppleCarPlay compatibility.

Will contact my dealer and ask for it to be installed
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:51 pm

rpvidal wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:04 pm
June16 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:00 pm
rpvidal wrote:

Hi,

This is the official communication from JLR

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us ... r-vehicles

See paragraph that starts with "Smartphone pack....". That is my source for that info.
Yep but a lot of info in that article is incorrect, e.g voice for navigation was available since verosion 3 . My car came with the default 2.5 from the factory which didn’t have voice for navigation a simple update and it was there on 3 ( 17c), long before phase 4 or 18B or 18C.

The best thing to do if you have ICTP (not ICT) is contact customer services and ask them to clarify the requirements for you . There may well be a reason we are not aware of.

It very much also depends on your location/region too as to what is offered, when I bought ICTP it came with Apps, Wi-fi. Maybe in your location it didn’t.?

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”