Apple Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Koa

Re: Apple Carplay

Post by Koa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi new to forum and just getting my first Jag tomorrow. Anyway I live in Luxembourg and after reading this forum I decided to contact the local dealer about Apple Car play. They have told me it will take all day and the cost is between 60 ~ 70 Euro to have it installed (btw did not buy the car from this dealer). Not sure why the huge differences in prices being quoted I think some garages are out to make money.

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Just had 18 C D. or whatever applied which has given me Apple Play,Google Maps and a whole lot of other things plus a much more pro active screen with Icons from my phone at no charge under warranty. The CD player does not freeze any more either. My dealer noticed that the rear brake discs had a rusty area which the pads were not touching so new discs and pads. Happy Bunny!
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

redbull

Post by redbull » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm

I have a MY17 with ICTP and I just visited Germain Jaguar in Columbus OH and they at first did not believe I was eligible for the update to Phase 4 or 18D and/or the Smartphone Pack. I showed them the release notes from the SDD bulletin and they agreed to do it to help fix my issues of connecting an iphone. I now have 18D with Apple Car Play and all the goodies. However I have already been having issues with Carplay closing out and not coming back up on the radio upon re-connection of iphone until the radio has completely cycled after vehicle has been shutdown. Anyone else seeing issues? I am running iOS 12.1.4

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:05 am

redbull wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm
I have a MY17 with ICTP and I just visited Germain Jaguar in Columbus OH and they at first did not believe I was eligible for the update to Phase 4 or 18D and/or the Smartphone Pack. I showed them the release notes from the SDD bulletin and they agreed to do it to help fix my issues of connecting an iphone. I now have 18D with Apple Car Play and all the goodies. However I have already been having issues with Carplay closing out and not coming back up on the radio upon re-connection of iphone until the radio has completely cycled after vehicle has been shutdown. Anyone else seeing issues? I am running iOS 12.1.4
18D has now been pulled ( too many issues ) this is posted on the main ICTP thread dare say it’s keep your eyes peeled for the next update . Not good but hopefully the next release will help.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Mr P

Post by Mr P » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:42 am

redbull wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm
I have a my18 and have the same issue with 18D, when I have been listening to Apple Car Play then choose radio, it plays for a few seconds then will not work anymore until car has been restarted.

Koa

Post by Koa » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Koa wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:27 pm
Hi new to forum and just getting my first Jag tomorrow. Anyway I live in Luxembourg and after reading this forum I decided to contact the local dealer about Apple Car play. They have told me it will take all day and the cost is between 60 ~ 70 Euro to have it installed (btw did not buy the car from this dealer). Not sure why the huge differences in prices being quoted I think some garages are out to make money.
:( Got told even though my car is a MY19 build model they cannot add Apple Car play. Have no wifi or HDMI slot. One of the main reasons is my 2012 BMW I traded in had a SAT NAV which had live traffic updates. I was surprised a car 7 years newer was inferior :-( so why I was keen to get Apple Car play only to be told this version is not capable. Anyone have the same issue with MY19 car?.

MRB

Post by MRB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:21 pm

It is the same with all F Paces regardless of the M/Y, unless they have an HDMI port and SIM connectivity nothing can be done. My dealer has been incredibly helpful and was almost as disappointed as me! He took the matter up with JLR and they have no plans to provide a solution.

Stevie7

Post by Stevie7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm

It’s listed as a option on the configurator for some new Jags. Cost £200

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Koa wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 pm
Koa wrote:
:( Got told even though my car is a MY19 build model they cannot add Apple Car play. Have no wifi or HDMI slot. One of the main reasons is my 2012 BMW I traded in had a SAT NAV which had live traffic updates. I was surprised a car 7 years newer was inferior :-( so why I was keen to get Apple Car play only to be told this version is not capable. Anyone have the same issue with MY19 car?.
I am in the same situation. I drive with a TomTom on the windshield like 20 years ago. My 2011 BMW X3 was technical superior in almost every aspect. Even the infotainment in the previous BMW 5 series from 2007 was a better. I did complain with Jaguar Belux over a lot of things but now they don't even answer anymore. Last mail I sent was on Januari 30. Never got an answer
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 pm

redonebe wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:32 pm
Koa wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 pm
Koa wrote:
I am in the same situation. I drive with a TomTom on the windshield like 20 years ago. My 2011 BMW X3 was technical superior in almost every aspect. Even the infotainment in the previous BMW 5 series from 2007 was a better. I did complain with Jaguar Belux over a lot of things but now they don't even answer anymore. Last mail I sent was on Januari 30. Never got an answer
Strange. I find the sat nav quite good and simple to use. Reasonably reliable traffic updates as well. It's not perfect but what is? Not too sure about your eyesight though if you think a 2011 X3 is superior to an F Pace :lol:
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”