Apple Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Habxxx

Apple Carplay

Post by Habxxx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 pm

A couple of months ago Apple Carplay was listed on the Jaguar.co.uk website as coming soon.

I have checked the site a few times lately and all mention of it seems to have disappeared.

Does anyone have any idea if it has been pulled due to the ICTP issues?

Jagfpacejk

Re: Apple Carplay

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:30 am

Habxxx wrote:A couple of months ago Apple Carplay was listed on the Jaguar.co.uk website as coming soon.

I have checked the site a few times lately and all mention of it seems to have disappeared.

Does anyone have any idea if it has been pulled due to the ICTP issues?
I would say 100% its due to them trying to resolve issues before adding anything that may cause more issues, rather have 100% ITCP before more apps are added that could cause even more issues.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

jinjin

Post by jinjin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:42 am

I also feels its a little odd them offering car play when they have ICTP and seem to be heavily involved in the open platform and its development.

I've not used Car Play before, but my understanding was it would be car play or ICTP as the infotainment platform and no option to switch between the two.
Ordered 9th May, Arrived 9th Sep!: R-Sport Auto, Storm Grey, 22" Silver Helix, Priv Glass, LED Lights, Pano Roof, Jet Trim, 10 way Seats, ICTP 380W, Black, Dynamics, Advance Park & Practicality Packs, Blind Spot Monitoring and more

Habxxx

Post by Habxxx » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:19 pm

The way it read on the website was that it would be part of ICTP and was listed as coming soon.

Very strange that there is now no mention of it on the Jag website.

I wonder if It has been removed until ICTP is more stable as Apple would not want to be associated with a flawed system bearing in mind it is currently being updated or enhanced as Jaguar put it!

keithewilson

Post by keithewilson » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:36 am

I have to say that I live my F Pace to drive but the infotainment sat nav voice operation is well below oar. It us just not intuitive and sat nav and voice control poor. Apps are rubbish.

Why JLR didn't go straight for Apple Car play I do not understand

Apple will have many more developers in this technology than JLR so why not let them do it?

If I had known how poor it would be with the tech I seriously would have had second thoughts even though the car is brilliant

Any news on when Carplay coming to the French Pace?

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi Keith. Do you own a random word generator?
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:36 pm

No - he just used the Jag voice command system to write it - sry :lol:
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

Habxxx

Post by Habxxx » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Been to Solihull today to see the Velar (great car). Whilst there I asked the chap giving the talk about the Velar about Apple Carplay and how it was mentioned on the Jag website in January but disappeared soon after.

He said it will happen in about 9 months due to licensing issues and should be backwards compatible with all Ictp systems.

Good news

Big Pimp

Post by Big Pimp » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Backwards compatible? That's great! One thing I definitely miss not having on mine
Ordered:
F Pace S in Ultimate Black running 22" Turbine chrome finish, privacy glass, gloss black window surrounds & LED headlights
Jet 14-way seats with jet headlining and ICTP & TV, mood lighting, electric towbar & more!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Habxxx wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 pm
Been to Solihull today to see the Velar (great car). Whilst there I asked the chap giving the talk about the Velar about Apple Carplay and how it was mentioned on the Jag website in January but disappeared soon after.

He said it will happen in about 9 months due to licensing issues and should be backwards compatible with all Ictp systems.

Good news
Or more to the fact sorting out existing issues rather then adding more, i do not get adding more apps to a system that currently is flaky, it just adds more chance of a system being even more flaky, personally i would rather have a solid system then a load of extra apps, once the system is 100% then thats a different story.

Sorry.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”