J L R (just like rover)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Shonk1

J L R (just like rover)

Post by Shonk1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 am

Sorry for the title but having been in the fortunate position to change my car's every two years over the past seventeen years I thought here's a car that really getting my juices flowing and it s BRITISH. Having gone through 3 Lexus 1 Mercedes and 7 BMW s I decided this incarnation was for me . Having had the car delivered just before Xmas I have already been to local dealer three times ,which in itself has been a culture shock having dealt with the above mentioned other marques who treat you with far more courtesy and understanding as opposed to general apathy and a patronising attitude of we don't have any problems. Well here's the list on a £46000, vehicle with less than 500 miles on the clock.

Bonnet does not line up with front bumper
Boot does not line up with rear bumper or rear quarter panel s
Rear passenger door seals coming away
Rattle in centre consul
Rear passenger shut line on doors inconsistent and tapering
Rear tailgate works when it feels like it.
On off engine function won t disengage even though the switch light goes off
Navigation screen performs like a Television from the 1950 s.

Currently been told I will hear from their bodyshoppe to book car in , I am now taking advice and considering rejecting the vehicle as I can almost accept small mechanical and electrical issues but not to have at least two thirds of the body panels altered on a brand new vehicle. What the hell is going on how are they getting out of the factory especially as it seems a common issue since viewing this forum why is it continuing . They don't even have their own bodyshoppe s it all out sourced ,and been told the bodyshoppe has to wait for approval from jaguar before they can fix it ,so they won t give me a date just said it could take weeks .

Why oh why did I let my heart rule my head I should have known even when they come up with a brilliant product ,they have not got the ability to produce it or back it up . As for customer services it is non existent still waiting for replies to phone messages and e mails and having spoken to a jlr employee I probably won't t get one . Don t get me wrong I d be telling lies if I said never had any problems with the marques mentioned above but never anything on this scale and they all sorted the problems out without all this protracted politics and attitude from the dealerships .As per usual in this country they will probably only take stock and learn when it s to late ,and then blame everything on something else instead of looking in the mirror NOW and sorting it out .

Sorry for my war and peace thread but at least I m going to feel better for the next few minutes

RaVolVoR

Re: J L R (just like rover)

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:38 am

I wouldn't hesitate, reject it now at £46k there are no excuses for shoddy products. Your car could be a re-incarnation of this whole forum of discontent from the last 9 months, you just about got all the issues found in one hit which is shocking.

I'd actually reject but ask for a replacement vehicle (same spec) and see how many cars it takes for them to get one right from the start... but then that's my macabre sense of humour!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:13 am

Hi Shonk

Sorry to hear about your experience. It's really does beggar belief that cars are still being delivered like this. I 'only' had two panel alignment issues with my car on delivery but both prevented me from bonding with it. There's nothing more disappointing than having the joy of months of anticipation dashed when they pull back the cover to reveal a wonky nose. Well OK there are plenty of things worse, but in context you get my drift.

Fortunately I have a truly excellent dealer who firstly were very upfront about how it should have been caught at PDI, and once they had admonished themselves they sprang to action. My car spent over 25% of it's first 3 months either at the bodyshop or with the service department attempting fixes and updates, resulting in a replacement being ordered. Again the dealer was excellent in their handling of this.

This is my fifth JLR ... and I still love the brand ... and I am pretty sure it won't be my last. The experience really does seem to vary greatly from dealer to dealer.
Last edited by JLRnumber5 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:15 am

P.S. your spelling of bodyshoppe brought this image to mind!

Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Shaunyt

Post by Shaunyt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am

Oh I really need some of those wheels they are lush :D :lol: :lol:

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

Have you got pictures of the panel issues?

Edit: Also do you have the standard center control or did you upgrade to the InTouch Control PRO ?
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Welcome to the ownership of Jaguar Fpace, I have one of the first off the production line and it arrived with panel alignment issues, you would think nearly a year on they would have resolved these issues but the it's in tolerance reply and attitude you're going to get is just not acceptable. You will find many threads on hear with people having the same issues as you, some like mine were sorted by my excellent dealer, others not so lucky.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:42 pm

:o :shock:

YORKIE

Post by YORKIE » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:54 pm

:o :shock:
2.0 D AWD PORTFOLIO-AUTO-BRG/OYSTER. 10 way front memory seats, electric steering column, privacy glass, car cover, skinny spare, deployable steps, 5 fan wheels, 5 year service plan, cup holders cover.

"honi soit qui mal y pense" :geek:

big jon

Post by big jon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:21 pm

I think if irrespective of what we pay 20k or 100k it should be better than this. I would reject it with all these problems.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”