Wobbly rear end (lateral suspension issue)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
JLRnumber5

Re: Wobbly rear end (lateral suspension issue)

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 am

Just in case anyone reads this thread in future, for completeness, I now have my replacement vehicle and it does not display the same lateral suspension issue as the former car. So all of you with this problem I would get back on the case with Jaguar.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Hoping for back to back test Friday morning... I do hope the issue is fixable, if I reject now its going to be tough nearly 8 months even though I logged the issue on 1 Sept! Plus if I have to, it will be so long Jaguar, not going to chance it, but fact is I don't really want to swap the car but would like it to ride less like a rodeo horse!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:53 pm

^ I'm very happy for you to quote me as an ex-cowboy if it helps. Feel free to PM me if I can help at all on this subject I know how frustrating it has been.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:24 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:^ I'm very happy for you to quote me as an ex-cowboy if it helps. Feel free to PM me if I can help at all on this subject I know how frustrating it has been.
Did anyone from dealer recognise this as an adaptive suspension fault at any time?

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Nope. It was "yes we acknowledge what you are saying but we can't find a fault"

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
JLRnumber5 wrote:^ I'm very happy for you to quote me as an ex-cowboy if it helps. Feel free to PM me if I can help at all on this subject I know how frustrating it has been.
Did anyone from dealer recognise this as an adaptive suspension fault at any time?
Not sure they even recognise it as a fault and nobody has done anything with mine. They seem to feel that's how it should be. I raised the issue with somebody more senior from Jag but not sure how deep or serious the case has been taken.

The more people who raise a TA then the more likely it will get properly noticed. My jag guy said we've had no reports I know of for any such issue. Mind you he also didn't think the 3G was much of an issue either though did recognise it that others had TAs open for it.

I think I'm going to replace the springs anyway so may mean if it doesn't help I'll be stuck as they won't be able to work on a non standard suspension car.

I may well just have to put up with it. JLR it may be fascinating to see one day what a non wobbly Jag is as I've driven 3 and all were the same (4th was similar but we didn't find suitable road)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Back to back tests today and either both cars had same issue or I am just going to accept the fact that the ride on 19inch wheels isn't great. Yes there have been odd occurences, but they don't happen all the time. Indeed it took me three months to start thinking there might be an issue. So decided to close the chapter on this and continue to enjoy the car.

It must have known because today the street view feature worked when arriving at a destination....

So just one issue left after 7.5 months... Windscreen washer too low at speed on drivers side...

Woo Hoo go FPace!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm

LOL. I saw street view today for the first time in months too!!

Also when I called into Dulux Trade depot to collect some paint there was a bit of activity in reception and then two guys came out to tell me it's the best car they've seen and they'd have it over a Bentley or Porsche any day.

So that's nice :lol:

Mig

Post by Mig » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Got my car back last Wednesday after 7.5 weeks at the dealership.
Suspension is better but it's still wobbly and hard in some cases.
Would love to try another F-Pace with Adaptive Dynamics without this issue to get it fixed...
1st F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, Shitty Adaptive Dynamics
2nd F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, No AD = much better

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:LOL. I saw street view today for the first time in months too!!

Also when I called into Dulux Trade depot to collect some paint there was a bit of activity in reception and then two guys came out to tell me it's the best car they've seen and they'd have it over a Bentley or Porsche any day.

So that's nice :lol:
I've literally had people stop and engage me in conversation about it. Slightly unnerves me !!
Not used to attention like it.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”