Wobbly rear end (lateral suspension issue)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Mbadger77

Re: Wobbly rear end (lateral suspension issue)

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:23 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
JLRnumber5 wrote:I've had two PMs as well so it's a bigger list than I thought. Pretty sure this is limited to people with adaptive dynamics but would be good to know.
Looking forward to our meet up and feeling the motion your talking about as I just don't feel it in mine.
Yes I think it's a mathematical over calculation and I think it actually calculates against it's own movement at times.
Be good to see others let us know when and where your meeting up if there's room ad it's not a candlelit dinner for two :)
Might be able to make it
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

jinjin

Post by jinjin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:26 am

It's the latest attraction at JLR#5 world. If you pay a premium you can get a wrist band which gets you priority access to the wobbly rear end ride :shock:
Ordered 9th May, Arrived 9th Sep!: R-Sport Auto, Storm Grey, 22" Silver Helix, Priv Glass, LED Lights, Pano Roof, Jet Trim, 10 way Seats, ICTP 380W, Black, Dynamics, Advance Park & Practicality Packs, Blind Spot Monitoring and more

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks for the PR jinjin. I'll put you on commission :-)
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am

Got car back with 2.5 and all suspension work applied, service guy didn't have a clue about work done he was "covering" for regular team. Suffice to say that if its not on Topix its not been done! Haven't really had much chance since collection to drive it but it didn't feel any better in short journey so far, not really a surprise though.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:32 pm

So I just returned from a 2.5 hour fairly fast blast .. such an enjoyable car to munch the miles in as I've said before ... the car was feeling particularly compliant and supple, even in dynamic mode, so I ventured onto the streets that usual set off my rear end wobble. Nothing. Well ok a little bit but certainly not the uncomfortable risk of whiplash or smacking the side of your head on the window that usually occurs. So there's a pattern developing here I think. I wonder if it only happens when the car is cold? I'm going to let it cool down and take it out again over the same roads in an hour or so .... intriguing.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:So I just returned from a 2.5 hour fairly fast blast .. such an enjoyable car to munch the miles in as I've said before ... the car was feeling particularly compliant and supple, even in dynamic mode, so I ventured onto the streets that usual set off my rear end wobble. Nothing. Well ok a little bit but certainly not the uncomfortable risk of whiplash or smacking the side of your head on the window that usually occurs. So there's a pattern developing here I think. I wonder if it only happens when the car is cold? I'm going to let it cool down and take it out again over the same roads in an hour or so .... intriguing.
Im struggling to make sense of it. I've said to you a few times it does seem ok some days and with me not having many decent places to test it then its hard to really know if I'm imagining it at times. It would explain that it truly does see to be somewhat inconsistent and erratic. Let us know.
I'll email you about some tests.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:
JLRnumber5 wrote:I've had two PMs as well so it's a bigger list than I thought. Pretty sure this is limited to people with adaptive dynamics but would be good to know.
Looking forward to our meet up and feeling the motion your talking about as I just don't feel it in mine.
Yes I think it's a mathematical over calculation and I think it actually calculates against it's own movement at times.
Be good to see others let us know when and where your meeting up if there's room ad it's not a candlelit dinner for two :)
Might be able to make it
Sure if you are free and can make it we can add an extra chair to the table. :oops:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

jonty1625

Post by jonty1625 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:52 pm

I just got mine back after the not so successful 2.5 patch... see the other thread. And my car definitely feels different than it did before. My loan 2.0D R-Sport was super tight, I used the speed humps coming into the car park to the dealer and and also traffic calming on my road.

In the 2.0D the rear end would "wobble" 1 to 1.5 times, so quite firm. My car before dealer visit would feel like 3 or 4 wobbles, more if you didn't hit it full on. Since I got my car back after having the updates and some error codes reset I am somewhere between the 2 not too taught that my teeth rattle, but not too soft I get sea sick. Note I have Adaptive dynamics but was in normal mode and the 2.0D was normal suspension.

Of course need to drive more than just the grumpy "bloody thing still isn't fixed" ride home... so will update after the weekend.
3.0s DSB, All Jet Interior, 22" Turbines, ICTP 825w, 14x14 Climate Seats, Recling Rear Seats, Convenience Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, ADSR, Privacy Glass, Xenon Headlights, Blind Spot Monitors, APP and Cup Holder Cover

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I've had two PMs as well so it's a bigger list than I thought. Pretty sure this is limited to people with adaptive dynamics but would be good to know.[/quote]

Looking forward to our meet up and feeling the motion your talking about as I just don't feel it in mine.[/quote]

Sure if you are free and can make it we can add an extra chair to the table. :oops:[/quote]

Make it a foursome ;) :oops:
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Mig

Post by Mig » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 pm

I have the same issue on my 2.0d with adaptive suspensions on top of the error message on the dashboard that comes every now and then and everytime I take it to the dealer he says it's fixed and it comes back. So now I'm really angry and I will escalate this quickly.
1st F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, Shitty Adaptive Dynamics
2nd F-Pace 2.0d AWD Auto R-Sport, Polaris White, Jet/Red, No AD = much better

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”