Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jags cat

Re: Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Post by Jags cat » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Just a thought Mr A,...if you started a thread both here and on Velar forum for fellow sufferers of this known problem, and generate some kind of numbers to forward on to AE,... this may get a better response. Their is nothing more powerful than a collective group of disaffected customers, who know both their rights and what resolution they want.

I guess the downside is that if a fault is going to be made more public,... then the risk to current owners could be a fall in value of their vehicle,... Again this is JLR’s mess that needs to be sorted out, and should have been sorted out over a year or so ago.

They are fully aware of what is currently wrong,... and what needs to happen to get them all fixed. There is only two choices, they are unable then fix them , they are unwilling to fix them!

For what ever reason they have managed so far to convince VOSA this is not a safety issue, or they would be in a whole pile of *$%> up to their necks by now!

Either way they need to honest, and above all stop treating customers like idiots!,

They have now lost my future custom in the I pace by their appalling customer care from JLR and the greed shown by asking double the price for basically the same 22” alloys that I paid for on my 2016 F pace!! GREED , IGNORANCE , and ARROGANCE not traits really worthy of the Royal Crest don’t you think!

Good luck in your choices Mr A
Regards JC
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

devsan

Post by devsan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:10 pm

I concur
It was what I mentioned earlier
Perhaps we should all get together and put our issues on this to JLR as a collective
Personally residual values are the least of my problems I have a car sat in a dealership I can’t/won’t use

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:47 pm

As a company JLR do themselves no favours

I know when I had b pillar welding issues on my 34 day old Discovery Sport they wanted to fix it by what I saw as vandalism. The recommended fix was hammer and chisel the door seams ( with as much force as necessary) , then drill out and reweld the b pillars . This required the headlining ,windscreen and all interior removing first. When I said no to this, they offered me to trade it in at a 12k loss.

Zero help from dealer initially and zero help from CRC, .so I waited till CRC went home from twitter and Facebook at 6 pm and vented my fury on there for 4 hours.
80,000 shares later and the next morning at 08:30, I had a phone call and had an offer to replace my vehicle at no cost with a condition - IF, and only IF, I deleted all my social media posts referring to the fault.

However:
The issue noted above by Jags cat is correct , you can end up devaluing your own asset. The course of publicising it on social media and on car review sites actually split the Discovery Sport forum down the middle, those with the issue, rightfully eporting it outside the forum, those with no issue seeing the vehicle being slated and felt aggrieved . Tempers were quite frayed on the forum at times, however the issue was purely the making of Land Rover.

If I was affected, I wouldn’t hesitate to publicise it , they have had ample time to fix this . They are probably quite happy it remains on this small forum with little “outside”publicity. You never know It might just be the push they need to resolve it fully.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:26 am

I made absolutely no progress with my vibration issue 12 months ago, just an endless string of denial, lies, dirty tricks, delays and rejection of the claim until I threatened to run a social media campaign. Their declaration that vibration was a "characteristic" of the FPace - they all do that, add that to apalling customer service, it was a gift. My logic was, if I'm going to hate this car every time I drive it I will have the satisfaction of costing them a great deal of cash, it as all set up then unexpectedly they made an acceptable offer.
I think I was out of pocket by around £1000 on that deal but by then there were discounts on new cars and I picked up a new 3.0D which now has just over 6000 on the clock and no problems. The first car went straight to auction and is still offered on an independant forecourt at less than 30k, the message that a lot of 2.0 cars are problematic seems to be well known, which does not bode well for future value.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:33 am

It seems from catching up with this thread that I’m still the only person to have had the modified bracket fitted?

To be honest I have been lucky and have put his to the back of my mind but it still surfaces when people ask how the car is. I’m happy to report that it hasn’t gotten any worse which I feared it might.

I was happy with the outcome of my case and I don’t think I’ll be in it long enough to worry about premature failure. I’m on a pcp so the value of the car is guarenteed anyway but unless they fix ICTP I don’t think it will see it’s 2nd birthday with me.
Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Anthony777

Post by Anthony777 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi All,
Experiencing the same issues on my 3.0d purchased in June last year (replacement). I had been advised last week from the tech guy at the dealership that the bracket “fix” is no longer a recommended option from Jaguar and has been pulled. I was expecting this to be done on my car back in January. On further investigation my car is now booked in to have work done on the passenger side wheel bearing as they said it was out!?! (I will get more detail when I drop it in next week). Why? The dealer had reported they had replaced 2 recently and thinks it could be related.
Fingers crossed!

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Anthony777 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 pm
Hi All,
Experiencing the same issues on my 3.0d purchased in June last year (replacement). I had been advised last week from the tech guy at the dealership that the bracket “fix” is no longer a recommended option from Jaguar and has been pulled. I was expecting this to be done on my car back in January. On further investigation my car is now booked in to have work done on the passenger side wheel bearing as they said it was out!?! (I will get more detail when I drop it in next week). Why? The dealer had reported they had replaced 2 recently and thinks it could be related.
Fingers crossed!

Oh no, I had held out for the bracket fix for the Jaguar being adapted for my Velar. This is rubbish but timely. My dealer emailed tonight to tell me Amelia from JLR CRC is calling me tomorrow.

Thank you Anthony777 for your post. Could you PM me with your dealer’s name and town?

Regards,

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

devsan

Post by devsan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 am

this is a sad story
the more you look into it the worse it gets,
my dealership have decided to remain in radio silence about the whole saga
i had asked to converse via email so we all had a paper
since friday when i asked them for the people to contact to reject the car i have heard not a thing.

i have had to resort to something i dont like doing but have obtained the directors emails and numbers so have had to email them last night to try and provoke a response.

in the technical bulletin where it states the fix has been withdrawn and to deal with customers locally i think it means just ignore them as long as you can.

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am

Okay, I have just been onto TOPIx. The earlier F-Pace technical bulletin JTB00577 has been withdrawn. That’s why Renesis in the only guy on this forum to have had the revised mild steel component installed.

A new update, SSM73717 was issued on 22 January saying that, due to supply problems, the campaign for rectification has been suspended.

A similar bulletin appears on the Velar forum, SSM73764 dated 13 February 2018. It links to a helpful schematic (attached) and also included a sound file (.wav) which is exactly like my car.

So I now know that this is a widespread issue and not just affecting my car or a tiny number of others. Smaller rim sizes mask the root cause of the noise and this is mentioned in that they say the larger rims may accentuate the symptom.

I should get a call from Amelia at JLR CRC today as my dealer promised this last night in an email (all credit to them for not giving up and still working on my case at 6:45pm). I don’t know what they will do as it looks like, unless we choose to reject the car, we are all stuck with the noise until the fabled new part becomes available. I wonder if they’re fitting them to all newly built cars on the production line to stop the rot? Which means we are at the tail of the queue?

Arianne

571F1BC3-FBA4-4B50-942E-108C2E4FAF65.png

Last edited by Arianne on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

devsan

Post by devsan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 am

Funnily enough after my email to the MD I have had a call from JLR
They actually said they didn’t know of any issue
Until I pointed out the tech bulletin
Then they have back tracked a little
And promised to call me
They have also said it is nothing to do with them regarding rejecting my car it is down to the dealership
Wish someone would take ownership on this debarcle

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”