Problems with the condition of my drivers seat Leather

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
AChristie

Re: Problems with the condition of my drivers seat Leather

Post by AChristie » Wed May 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Took delivery of my F-Pace Portfolio at end of May 2016, within 6/8 weeks the piping on my drivers seat began to wear. It was replaced but began to wear again. Another new seat cover fitted in November, another in March this year and it is now wearing again. FOUR seat covers in 12 months and less than 12000 miles. Jaguar say they are not aware of any other problems, they obviously don't read this forum Have contacted the motoring press and now Autoexpress have picked up my problems on my behalf.I have had Jaguars for over 15 years now, S-Types and XFs, never had a problem until now, why should I stay loyal to a brand who doesn't care about me. All I get are corporate replies, they seem to have no understanding of customer satisfaction. Now that the F-Pace has won all these awards their heads will be bigger than ever. The car is very good apart from the poor quality of the materials they are using. I waited a while for the last cover to be fitted as Jaguar had told the dealership that they were working on a fix for the problem. Turns out that this was a lie as there is not a fix in the pipeline.

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed May 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Thats not good, as for them burying there heads, i think this is true, Jaguar customer service for issues is very very poor and it's about time the motoring world reported these issues rather then the paid to lie rubbish they print all the time stating the cars are faultless.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Wed May 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Looks like it's been rubbed by the studs on your jeans :o

billwright

Wear to driver seat stitching

Post by billwright » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi

I found wear on the driver seat, has anyone else had this?

Seems a tad excessive for a 5K mile car just six months old.

IMG_0082.jpg

big jon

Re: Wear to driver seat stitching

Post by big jon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 pm

If you do a search on here there is many topics on this problem.
I think a few have had seats recovered under warranty
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Jagfpacejk

Re: Wear to driver seat stitching

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:44 pm

billwright wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 pm
Hi

I found wear on the driver seat, has anyone else had this?

Seems a tad excessive for a 5K mile car just six months old.
Thread merged, this has been covered here in details, please try the search function in future as you may find assistance to your issues already on the board.

Thank you.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Heatha05

Post by Heatha05 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Mine looking exactly the same now after 20k and 18 months. Dealer and JLR customer service say this is wear and tear. I’ve never had a problem like this in other cars. Apparently it’s an issue with my “operation of the seat”, rather than a quality or manufacturing issue so they won’t replace. Clearly I’m getting in and out of the car all wrong. Who knew,after nearly 30 years of getting into and out of cars, I’ve been doing it wrong! Utter b*ll*cks from customer service. God alone knows what it will look like in 18 months when I come to sell....
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:58 pm

There is a topix doc for this , I haven’t got a copy but it might be worth seeing if the dealer has read this ?

Front Seat Bolster Wear - Oyster Leather Only
A customer may express concern that the oyster coloured front seat backrest cover or the oyster coloured seat cushion cover has premature cosmetic wear.
Global reference: JTB00591
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Bazza

Post by Bazza » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 pm

I have a 18MY F-Pace portflio 4k miles with similar complaint, Dealer advised the FREDS team at JLR have said 3rd party abuse (customer) so no claim under warranty, even though a contact at JLR Gaydon advised this is KNOWN issue.....

I am 12 st wringing wet and wear a suit for work!!!

Disgusting attitude when they know they have a concern from their seat supplier!!!

GET A GRIP JLR, NO WONDER YOU ARE BOTTOM IN JD POWER !!!!! SORT OUT YOUR SEAT SUPPLIER AND GET THESE VEHICLES REPAIRED

F-PACE Driver Seat.jpg

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 pm

It seems to me that there are three potential conclusions:

Fair wear and tear.
Clearly not the case in Bazza's case after only 4k miles on their 'premium (extra 1k+)' Windsor leather.

Leather finish unfit for purpose.
As per Topix item noted by June, they seem to have accepted this in terms of the Oyster finished seats only and I assume will replace under warranty at cost to them.

Accidental Damage
I guess it is no surprise that this will be their default stance as it is no cost to them and I can sort of see why they have jumped on this, based on the picture above; it's more of a graze from left to right over quite a wide band, rather than say, a rub from a belt. If so, in theory a comprehensive insurance policy would engage, albeit policy excess, loss of NCD and/or claims load would probably make it uneconomic to pursue this remedy. It would be interesting to know what the Insurer's view would be if asked whether you were covered for the damage based on JLR's assessment.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”