ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Markotley
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks Katoaristera because I do have text readout and 3 part seat icon so should be Ver 3.0. Regards Mark.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights


corriescar66
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Markotley wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 pm
Thanks Katoaristera because I do have text readout and 3 part seat icon so should be Ver 3.0. Regards Mark.
Yes, text readout came with 3.0 last summer, but it wasn't very stable on mine & only really works properly on 3.5.

Which is the one to have....

Go into General settings and see if you can manually change the date/time.

This menu only appeared on 3.5. If you can't change the time & clearly have the 3 part seat icon, you have 3.0.


mike72uk
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by mike72uk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 pm

"Helmet" (3.5) home screen

IMG_3417.JPG

25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;


jagman2017
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by jagman2017 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am

Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
2.0 Petrol R sport caesium Blue 22” Black wheels Black pack, puddle lights, 380 ict pro pack, ambient lighting, seats oyster & lime stitching,privacy glass.panoramic roof,glasses holder,10 way electric seats, xenon lights, sliding cup holder cover


June16
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by June16 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 am

jagman2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am
Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
Yes book it in stating you have no voice control of sat nav ( they won’t update unless you have a fault at some dealers) be persistent.
They are not updating cars off production .You have to request the update .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am

jagman2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am
Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
Most cars have been built with 2.5 as I think they believe this is the most stable up 'till now....

As June16 says, if you have a problem they will update you, but be aware you could cause yourself grief if you currently have a faultless ICTP.
Ver 3 & 3.5 are not without faults - you may be lucky and get none, or you may end up like me with ongoing crap.

I think they'll wait to find a version that is stable on 90% of option builds and then use it for production cars. The remaining 10% will gravitate to forums such as this.. Weigh up how much you want text readout & voice control on the sat nav before taking action via dealer.


June16
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by June16 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am
jagman2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am
Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
Most cars have been built with 2.5 as I think they believe this is the most stable up 'till now....

As June16 says, if you have a problem they will update you, but be aware you could cause yourself grief if you currently have a faultless ICTP.
Ver 3 & 3.5 are not without faults - you may be lucky and get none, or you may end up like me with ongoing crap.

I think they'll wait to find a version that is stable on 90% of option builds and then use it for production cars. The remaining 10% will gravitate to forums such as this.. Weigh up how much you want text readout & voice control on the sat nav before taking action via dealer.
I didn’t think many had issues with the latest 3.5 m I certainly think it’s better and quicker than the 2.5 mine came with in Feb?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


Smitten
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Smitten » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 pm

June16 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am
jagman2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am
Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
Most cars have been built with 2.5 as I think they believe this is the most stable up 'till now....

As June16 says, if you have a problem they will update you, but be aware you could cause yourself grief if you currently have a faultless ICTP.
Ver 3 & 3.5 are not without faults - you may be lucky and get none, or you may end up like me with ongoing crap.

I think they'll wait to find a version that is stable on 90% of option builds and then use it for production cars. The remaining 10% will gravitate to forums such as this.. Weigh up how much you want text readout & voice control on the sat nav before taking action via dealer.
I didn’t think many had issues with the latest 3.5 m I certainly think it’s better and quicker than the 2.5 mine came with in Feb?
Mine was an April 2018 build and came with 2.5 so it is still the production version in use. Now updated to 3.5 and no quibble from dealer. Report from them says "upgraded infotainment system to improve customer experience". As recommended in this thread I outlined the missing features when asking for the upgrade. Now it is definitely quicker to respond and extra voice features are useful. Hasn't fixed my issues with apps on Samsung S8 which still don't work most of the time or disconnect and freeze. I will just use Spotify via Bluetooth instead and forget the apps but it would have been better to scroll through library of music on screen.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D


corriescar66
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 am

June16 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:22 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:39 am
jagman2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am
Looking at the photos I have a 67 plate car and it has the asi on the display should I not have a later version
As maybe this was never updated before hand over
Any advise on this appreciatited
Most cars have been built with 2.5 as I think they believe this is the most stable up 'till now....

As June16 says, if you have a problem they will update you, but be aware you could cause yourself grief if you currently have a faultless ICTP.
Ver 3 & 3.5 are not without faults - you may be lucky and get none, or you may end up like me with ongoing crap.

I think they'll wait to find a version that is stable on 90% of option builds and then use it for production cars. The remaining 10% will gravitate to forums such as this.. Weigh up how much you want text readout & voice control on the sat nav before taking action via dealer.
I didn’t think many had issues with the latest 3.5 m I certainly think it’s better and quicker than the 2.5 mine came with in Feb?
Ver 2.5 was slow to boot up, 'black screened' and caused issues with my memory functions (to mention a few) but at least I could use the USB media and have more than one source connected at one time which is one of the new, different, issues as a result of v3.0/3.5 I have.

If there was no risk to upsetting a previously stable software on the majority of cars (and I'm talking across the whole 100k + vehicles sold with ICTP, not just the 2k members of this forum) then Jaguar would apply it across the board.

It hasn't worked properly on mine, and there is at least one other on here who described similar symptoms not that long ago, so no-one can say get it upgraded and everything will be fine and dandy - there is a risk & it's worth forewarning those who contemplate it so they can at least consider the implications...

3.0 was not stable. 3.5 fixes only some of the problems. Are they loading 3.0 then 3.5 at the same time, or as I think some have found, only 3.0 and sometimes not fully loaded either.

A poll of those who've had each version and if they are problem free would be a useful indicator...


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”