ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Markotley
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Markotley » Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks catwoman for the thread it explains it but in my defence trawling through this thread takes longer than a reply as seen by your response whereas a search , even a specific one, would bring up numerous replies.
To go back to the topic it shows that my car requires a software “upgrade” as now my sat nav is on the blink and the rear locks only unlock from the outside not via the lock/unlock button in the front. It’s a shame as the car to date has been almost faultless for 16 months and 15,500 miles. Regards Mark.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights


June16
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by June16 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:13 pm

catwoman wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718&start=1110#p51293

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Also applies to configurable dynamics, or at least that’s where the helmet takes me and I didn’t take adaptive dynamics full package.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


June16
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by June16 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Markotley wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Thanks catwoman for the thread it explains it but in my defence trawling through this thread takes longer than a reply as seen by your response whereas a search , even a specific one, would bring up numerous replies.
To go back to the topic it shows that my car requires a software “upgrade” as now my sat nav is on the blink and the rear locks only unlock from the outside not via the lock/unlock button in the front. It’s a shame as the car to date has been almost faultless for 16 months and 15,500 miles. Regards Mark.
Yes you need to see if you’ve got a 3 part seat and a helmet on the tabs on the screen , if not you need and update called phase 3 at the dealers . This sorts out sat nav and the blank screen and slow boot.

Daft question re rear doors have you got child locks on so they can only be opened from outside? I vaguely remember seeing this in the menu somewhere, I’ve never used it so not sure how it’s supposed to work.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1615
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:22 pm

On v2.5 it was the ASi button, then on v3.0 it became a 'mountain' - again for ASi, then v3.5/17c it has become a helmet for shortcut to configurable dynamics.

On cars without CDynamics I believe it becomes a 'circle' for a mute button - not sure if other option configurations means it can be anything else.

I agree it generally boots up much faster, with most of the time music starting alsmost instantaneous, but I've found things like Nav & Media can take a while before the 'Not Available' message isn't constantly displayed.

As for Nav, changed to British Female today & she works as well as the BBC man... Sadly, she actually says 'edit' and not 'idiot' so she who thought it was really funny wants the man back! :D

Still haven't bothered with map version v153, so still bucking the trend!!!


Smitten
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Smitten » Thu May 03, 2018 9:28 pm

DjP wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am
Smitten wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm
New owner getting to grips with ICTP - apologies if I am going over old ground. I have a one week old car so you might expect it would have the latest, greatest version of the software yet I do not have any working voice commands for navigation. Should I update map which was last updated 24.4.18? Do I need a software update already? Otherwise the system seems OK and there have been no crashes but it is a little slow to boot up. Thoughts anyone with more knowledge than me?

That is V2.5 - the giveaway is the two piece seat icon..... That came out Sept 2016. v3.0 last summer & the corrected version 3.5 Feb/March 2018 (Now referred to as 17C)

They won't update you unless you report a problem, the idea being if it aint broke etc

The date last updated for the map isn't actually much help as it isn't what, only when - log in to your Incontrol Route Planner & check available downloads...
Many thanks. I will call and get the update done and then upload up-to-date maps and hopefully all will be well
[/quote]

Smitten,
The current version of the software (v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release) is very stable and addresses many of the issues that perhaps you're yet to find (also addresses the slow start up which you *have* found). I strongly recommend this for stability across bluetooth and cabled connections of phone and a host of other fixed niggles. I've had it for two weeks and I couldn't be happier (to compare the start up time: now I get everything fired up and running before the car is out of the drive, previously I could pretty much guarantee the house I'd have to pass about half a mile into my commute before it came alive).

The latest maps update version ends in .153 and is a good "partner" with ICTP v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release. Fixes some of the voice control of the sat nav. Instructions in this group on how to download, yell if you can't find them but they're in this thread and other places.

I don't think any of us bought an FP with an ambition to be an expert in updates, fixes and release numbers (or the lack thereof!), but many of us have needed to invest time to get this "right" - I'm glad I did bc the overall experience is night and day from when I first picked up the car eight months/6000 miles ago.
DjP
[/quote]

Many thanks for the detail DJP. Trip to Scotland on Saturday for a week which should complete the running in and identify any other issues then a trip to the dealer the following week to get the ICTP update.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D


User avatar
Katoaristera
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 pm
Location: Monaco Principality
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Katoaristera » Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm

catwoman wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718&start=1110#p51293

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Let me tell you that the answer is not so evident for people having the ParkAssist, whose icon replaces the mountain or helmet one :
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM


DjP
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by DjP » Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am

Katoaristera wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm
catwoman wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718&start=1110#p51293

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Let me tell you that the answer is not so evident for people having the ParkAssist, whose icon replaces the mountain or helmet one :
When you refer to ParkAssist do you mean front and rear parking sensors or the 360 camera view? I have parking sensors and the helmet icon.
DjP


June16
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by June16 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:37 pm

DjP wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am
Katoaristera wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:59 pm
catwoman wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718&start=1110#p51293

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Let me tell you that the answer is not so evident for people having the ParkAssist, whose icon replaces the mountain or helmet one :
When you refer to ParkAssist do you mean front and rear parking sensors or the 360 camera view? I have parking sensors and the helmet icon.
DjP
Park assist is where it parks itself , not camera or beepers.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


User avatar
Katoaristera
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 pm
Location: Monaco Principality
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Katoaristera » Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Exact,
I don't have the ASI button (Mountain before and Helmet now) because I have the button for self parking, see my screen here :
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... 6&start=50
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM


Smitten
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Smitten » Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 am

Smitten wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:28 pm
DjP wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 am
Smitten wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm
New owner getting to grips with ICTP - apologies if I am going over old ground. I have a one week old car so you might expect it would have the latest, greatest version of the software yet I do not have any working voice commands for navigation. Should I update map which was last updated 24.4.18? Do I need a software update already? Otherwise the system seems OK and there have been no crashes but it is a little slow to boot up. Thoughts anyone with more knowledge than me?

That is V2.5 - the giveaway is the two piece seat icon..... That came out Sept 2016. v3.0 last summer & the corrected version 3.5 Feb/March 2018 (Now referred to as 17C)

They won't update you unless you report a problem, the idea being if it aint broke etc

The date last updated for the map isn't actually much help as it isn't what, only when - log in to your Incontrol Route Planner & check available downloads...
Many thanks. I will call and get the update done and then upload up-to-date maps and hopefully all will be well
Smitten,
The current version of the software (v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release) is very stable and addresses many of the issues that perhaps you're yet to find (also addresses the slow start up which you *have* found). I strongly recommend this for stability across bluetooth and cabled connections of phone and a host of other fixed niggles. I've had it for two weeks and I couldn't be happier (to compare the start up time: now I get everything fired up and running before the car is out of the drive, previously I could pretty much guarantee the house I'd have to pass about half a mile into my commute before it came alive).

The latest maps update version ends in .153 and is a good "partner" with ICTP v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release. Fixes some of the voice control of the sat nav. Instructions in this group on how to download, yell if you can't find them but they're in this thread and other places.

I don't think any of us bought an FP with an ambition to be an expert in updates, fixes and release numbers (or the lack thereof!), but many of us have needed to invest time to get this "right" - I'm glad I did bc the overall experience is night and day from when I first picked up the car eight months/6000 miles ago.
DjP
[/quote]

Many thanks for the detail DJP. Trip to Scotland on Saturday for a week which should complete the running in and identify any other issues then a trip to the dealer the following week to get the ICTP update.
[/quote]

PS DJP now found the dodgy cable connection to phone as well. Car is going great apart from the ICTP niggles....and Jaguar Remote booting me out but, that is another thread!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”