ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
corriescar66

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm
DjP wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm
June16 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:40 pm
That’s the general check list .(NGI relates to ICTP)

Glad you got the tracks playing fixed.

Does your voice commands work on Navigation?
If you press the voice button and say navigation it should bring up two options :
Navigate to address
Navigation Commantds

Either of these spoken or selected crash my system back to home screen.
Although “Go Home “ works as does “Go To Recent”

I seem to be missing some voice commands .

I had a chat with the service department today , he has raised this for support from JLR engineers.
Thanks June - interesting that InControl Apps are marked with a X (i.e. do not work, or not designed to work) for my phone (or maybe this is the same checklist regardless of phone?
I used to get SMS messages read out, not sure if I do now, will check, but not the end of the world if not.

I'll have a try of the voice commands relative to navigation this evening and let you know. Voice commands worked to switch between radio and phone ("tune to BBC radio 4" and "play apple device").

DjP
Yes all my other commands work like radio stations source etc just the Nav commands which is the same as folks in USA with MY18.
Service department is to raise a request with the issue and kept me know when to take the car back in.
Everything else works well so I’m not overly bothered about it.
Sorry, been meaning to reply, but a bit hectic...

Initially, as you described, try 'Navigate to..' or 'Navigation (commands) just chucked me out, back to home screen...

Now, on 50's BBC British Male only, they all seem to work... Including 'Navigation, Go To, Point of Interest...' Saying 'Morrisons' finds all the nearest supermarkets... Seems better than 'push button' searching albeit a bit hit on miss on whether he understands you.

He can't pronounce 'edit' as it sounds like 'idiot' and for a while I just thought he was programmed to insult me...

Initially switching between languages/gender made no difference, then at the weekend it just started working..

Yet to try Go to Favourites, Commute etc which are not listed in the commands, but we'll see what happens..
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:04 pm
June16 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm
DjP wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks June - interesting that InControl Apps are marked with a X (i.e. do not work, or not designed to work) for my phone (or maybe this is the same checklist regardless of phone?
I used to get SMS messages read out, not sure if I do now, will check, but not the end of the world if not.

I'll have a try of the voice commands relative to navigation this evening and let you know. Voice commands worked to switch between radio and phone ("tune to BBC radio 4" and "play apple device").

DjP
Yes all my other commands work like radio stations source etc just the Nav commands which is the same as folks in USA with MY18.
Service department is to raise a request with the issue and kept me know when to take the car back in.
Everything else works well so I’m not overly bothered about it.
Sorry, been meaning to reply, but a bit hectic...

Initially, as you described, try 'Navigate to..' or 'Navigation (commands) just chucked me out, back to home screen...

Now, on 50's BBC British Male only, they all seem to work... Including 'Navigation, Go To, Point of Interest...' Saying 'Morrisons' finds all the nearest supermarkets... Seems better than 'push button' searching albeit a bit hit on miss on whether he understands you.

He can't pronounce 'edit' as it sounds like 'idiot' and for a while I just thought he was programmed to insult me...

Initially switching between languages/gender made no difference, then at the weekend it just started working..

Yet to try Go to Favourites, Commute etc which are not listed in the commands, but we'll see what happens..
Thanks very much for the reply , now I know it can work I’ll keep at it. I’ll have a bit of USA drawl for a while .

I did wonder if it’s to do with when the last map update was applied , whether this was before the “helmet update” or after it. All the speech recognition files are in there it just won’t pick them up.
My map update was before the “helmet “ upgrade.

( you know if someone read these posts about “ which seat icon you have”, “helmet upgrades” and Mr BBC voice , they’d think were all daft :lol: :lol: )

My Mr BBC Voice is laughable too.!

Thanks again!
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm

I left mine on US Female for a few days after my initial failures... One day on British Male, but didn't try any voice commands (he/she read the news only!) None of my voice commands worked phone, music etc

Demonstrating the US female to my daughter, then be told to change it back, British Male, I tried to show how it didn't work by saying 'Navigate to Disneyland...' When he actually replied I thought 'Ooh er missus' & gave him a real destination...

Even the 105GB music on the sim-less iphone 6S works now, but it only if I only have one USB music source - it wont play my trusty 160 GB ipod classic anymore.

USB memory stick still won't work with more than 30ish albums, but that's why I bought the iphone, so at the moment don't care too much....

Clearly all work in progress, after 2 years, they must be getting close!

Wonder what comes after Mr Helmet (Kohl?!) After all, I now have 3 buttons for heated seats... One physical one, one on home screen & one along the bottom. Surely, one is superfluous & could be replaced with a 'boot', or a simple rude gesture?! :-)
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Quick test this evening: if I press the voice button and say "navigation" I get the choice of

Navigate to address
Navigation Commands

Trying either gives the "duh duh" chime and puts me back to the main menu. If I say "navigate to home" (all in one go) that works, but if I say "navigate to Newcastle" then it has no idea.

With all the comments about voices, are you really saying if I change the ICTP's voice to something else we get different results? Or are you just pulling my leg!?! I have the English Woman right now and she's not interested.

BTW one MAJOR improvement in the helmet upgrade is when I say "tune to BBC Radio 5 Live" she responds "tuning to BBC Radio 5 Live". Before she insisted the last word rhymed with "give" not "hive"... I kinda miss it already :)

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:37 pm

DjP wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:26 pm
Quick test this evening: if I press the voice button and say "navigation" I get the choice of

Navigate to address
Navigation Commands

Trying either gives the "duh duh" chime and puts me back to the main menu. If I say "navigate to home" (all in one go) that works, but if I say "navigate to Newcastle" then it has no idea.

With all the comments about voices, are you really saying if I change the ICTP's voice to something else we get different results? Or are you just pulling my leg!?! I have the English Woman right now and she's not interested.

BTW one MAJOR improvement in the helmet upgrade is when I say "tune to BBC Radio 5 Live" she responds "tuning to BBC Radio 5 Live". Before she insisted the last word rhymed with "give" not "hive"... I kinda miss it already :)
Changing the language to USA for a while including one cycle of locking , then changing back has worked for some, like @Corriescar, and folks on the USA forum. So it’s no leg puller.
Have you got the latest map update, too, it needs that to have the correct navigation speech files installed , latest version ends in 152 at the moment.

As in USA and with @Corriescar it also only seems to work with the Male voice ( Mr BBC )..

I’m going to have another play tomorrow with language. ( it may end up as foul language at times) :shock:

Let us know if you have any luck.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Same issues in USA but they change to English and back, MTGirl got there poi working the next day.
All a bit bizarre

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-pace- ... c4-15.html

D898995F-62BD-4328-BD17-5CC3A11350CF.png

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Another new map update out , so I’m downloading that now, hopefully that might get my limited voice commands expanded.

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:23 pm

Wooo hooo
After the latest map update ( ends in 153)

I say “Navigate to address” , she says please give the house number street etc, option also to change country, she accepts an address and THIS WORKS :D

I say “go to Morrison’s “ it asks which Morrison’s , and gives options <along the route>, <around the car> etc THIS WORKS :D

I say go to fuel stations “ it finds fuel stations and asks < along the route > ,< round the car> etc, THIS WORKS :D

From voice button press , I say help , she lists “navigate to address” ( among others) , I say an address , she lists it THIS WORKS. :D

Some things still don’t work though press voice button and :

Say “help”, then choose Navigation Commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page
Say “Navigation” then choose Navigation commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page.
Say “Navigation Commands “ , it crashes to home page.

Under Voice commands on the extras screen , no voice commands are listed.

So a big improvement , but still room to fix the other items as above, related to “Navigation Commands”.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:03 pm

June16 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:23 pm
Wooo hooo
After the latest map update ( ends in 153)

I say “Navigate to address” , she says please give the house number street etc, option also to change country, she accepts an address and THIS WORKS :D

I say “go to Morrison’s “ it asks which Morrison’s , and gives options <along the route>, <around the car> etc THIS WORKS :D

I say go to fuel stations “ it finds fuel stations and asks < along the route > ,< round the car> etc, THIS WORKS :D

From voice button press , I say help , she lists “navigate to address” ( among others) , I say an address , she lists it THIS WORKS. :D

Some things still don’t work though press voice button and :

Say “help”, then choose Navigation Commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page
Say “Navigation” then choose Navigation commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page.
Say “Navigation Commands “ , it crashes to home page.

Under Voice commands on the extras screen , no voice commands are listed.

So a big improvement , but still room to fix the other items as above, related to “Navigation Commands”.
Good news, but may not necessarily be as a result of the map update - could just've started working like mine...

You say 'she' so, female voice?

When you put an address in and it asks if you want to finish or edit, does she say 'idiot' too?! :)

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Nope it didn’t work before the map update, I’ve seen on USA that those that updated maps BEFORE updating software had limited voice .
Those that updated maps AFTER software update had the commands ok.

I’m suspecting something doesn’t let the system pick up the speech recognition , I.e it’s hanging on to the files incorrectly until the next update gives it a shove.

It’s more than just me that’s found that a map update sorts the issue, I was hoping when I put the previous map edition in last week it would let me reinstall, but it said already up to date.
I dont think it’s the actual map version that matters it just needs to re-read the files , maybe it’s cached somewhere and the reinstall or update kicks it into life.

Yes I get the finish and the idiot (edit) too, the lady voice also works well too, better than mr BBC that’s for sure

So just the Navigation Commands crashing left to get sorted....

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”