ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Chris_G

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Chris_G » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am

Update on my lost voice, mine ended being in all week so only collected on Friday afternoon, after several software reloads it ended up with JLR accessing remotely to do some magic and its now all working. I really don't want to speak too soon but so far over the weekend ICTP has worked really well.
I have not tried every single part of it but so far so good. It then spent a couple of extra days in the workshop as I have a problem with the dash not dimming until its really quite dark outside, this means the dash and display are quite a distraction. So at the moment it seems I have no issues. Time will tell.
3.0SC, Ammonite, 22" Helix Wheels, 825W ICTP, 14 Way seats, Cruise control etc etc etc, Collected 3rd March 2017 :)

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 am

Chris_G wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am
Update on my lost voice, mine ended being in all week so only collected on Friday afternoon, after several software reloads it ended up with JLR accessing remotely to do some magic and its now all working. I really don't want to speak too soon but so far over the weekend ICTP has worked really well.
I have not tried every single part of it but so far so good. It then spent a couple of extra days in the workshop as I have a problem with the dash not dimming until its really quite dark outside, this means the dash and display are quite a distraction. So at the moment it seems I have no issues. Time will tell.
Glad you got the car back eventually and you're happy! Mine has just been collected to be updated, so I'm hoping a) it comes back working and b) it comes back today!

fingers crossed...
DjP

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 pm

v3 R3 (helmet) update:

Car gets picked up this morning to take to dealership this morning.
3:00pm customer service calls saying they need to keep the car overnight bc the upgrade from 2 to 2.5 to 3 is a big job. I explain I'm already on v3 and the request is for an upgrade to v3 R3.
3:30p they call back saying they've worked out I'm on v3 which is good bc the next update is easier
3:45p they call back again saying they don't have the time to also do the fix on petrol cap today so need to keep it overnight.

It doesn't entirely fill one with confidence that a) they didn't look at it until mid afternoon and b) any info you give them when booking it in seems to go in one ear and out the other...

DjP

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm

My update took 4 hours start to finish.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DjP

Post by DjP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:48 pm

v3 R3 (helmet) update - day 2:
call from customer service about 2pm. Still in with the "master technician", taking longer than expected. When I enquired if there was an ETA or any reason for the delay, I got a vague "its a bit complicated and there's lots of wires" (!!!)
Not sure if they've really broken it and are trying anything or they've found an underlying problem and are working hard on a solution...

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:18 am

v3 r3 (helmet) update day 3:
Got the car back this morning and on first inspection (the drive from dealership to work) it seems very good. The issues I was having with tracks not displaying correctly and playing time elapsed and remaining all working flawlessly, even when I try to "trick it" by switching tracks, going to radio, manipulating via the phone vs the screen etc.

I had a quick play in the settings and found a couple of funnies:

- Stealth Mode - what is this? Sounds cool, so obviously I switched it on :)
- In Connectivity / Device Settings there's a section for "Apple Device Settings" - when I pressed this it said I should connect a compatible device (phone is connected via cable). Anyone experienced this? Anything material in this menu?

In the notes I got with the confirmation of the work completed I got a list of features for the car and phone. Not sure if these are tests that they completed or general compatibility issues. I'll try and post photos of the doc here. Interesting it says "text message readout does not work on the system" - not sure if this is specific to my car or a declaration that it's a known issue.

Onwards and upwards, I'm happy for now, hopefully stays as good as it is right now
DjP

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am

This is the document I got back - is it a report on tests with my car or general compatibility?
DjP

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_8319.JPG

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:40 pm

That’s the general check list .(NGI relates to ICTP)

Glad you got the tracks playing fixed.

Does your voice commands work on Navigation?
If you press the voice button and say navigation it should bring up two options :
Navigate to address
Navigation Commantds

Either of these spoken or selected crash my system back to home screen.
Although “Go Home “ works as does “Go To Recent”

I seem to be missing some voice commands .

I had a chat with the service department today , he has raised this for support from JLR engineers.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DjP

Post by DjP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:40 pm

If you press the voice button and say navigation it should bring up two options :
Navigate to address
Navigation Commantds

I had a chat with the service department today , he has raised this for support from JLR engineers.
Thanks June - interesting that InControl Apps are marked with a X (i.e. do not work, or not designed to work) for my phone (or maybe this is the same checklist regardless of phone?
I used to get SMS messages read out, not sure if I do now, will check, but not the end of the world if not.

I'll have a try of the voice commands relative to navigation this evening and let you know. Voice commands worked to switch between radio and phone ("tune to BBC radio 4" and "play apple device").

DjP

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

DjP wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 pm
June16 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Navigate to address
Navigation Commantds

Thanks June - interesting that InControl Apps are marked with a X (i.e. do not work, or not designed to work) for my phone (or maybe this is the same checklist regardless of phone?
I used to get SMS messages read out, not sure if I do now, will check, but not the end of the world if not.

I'll have a try of the voice commands relative to navigation this evening and let you know. Voice commands worked to switch between radio and phone ("tune to BBC radio 4" and "play apple device").

DjP
Yes all my other commands work like radio stations source etc just the Nav commands which is the same as folks in USA with MY18.
Service department is to raise a request with the issue and kept me know when to take the car back in.
Everything else works well so I’m not overly bothered about it.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”