ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Mbadger77
Posts: 2023
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 pm
Done !
Mbadger....does that mean you have a new update ?

And does it all function beautifully :lol:

M.
I’m thinking it’s the Nov1st update as I had the previous one.
No it’s not working any better. Slow startups and phone not connecting on cable. Rest is fine.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Kowenicki
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Kowenicki » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm

New Patch still not available. Jag HQ rang me today to confirm it is not yet ready....


Mr P
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Mr P » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Did they give you an inkling when it would be available?


Mr P
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Mr P » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 am

Kowenicki wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm
New Patch still not available. Jag HQ rang me today to confirm it is not yet ready....
Any news on when it will be available?

I can see SSM73700- In control Touch Pro 17c Software Update Enhancements on Topix but do not have access to read it.


corriescar66
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 am

Mr P wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 am
Kowenicki wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm
New Patch still not available. Jag HQ rang me today to confirm it is not yet ready....
Any news on when it will be available?

I can see SSM73700- In control Touch Pro 17c Software Update Enhancements on Topix but do not have access to read it.
The patch for V3 is now not going to be out by the end of January (quelle surprise...) There currently is no longer a release date, so if you were holding your breath, now is the time to exhale.....

It doesn't sound like it is a minor delay either, so personally don't think we'll see it this side of March sadly....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4408
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 am
Mr P wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 am
Kowenicki wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm
New Patch still not available. Jag HQ rang me today to confirm it is not yet ready....
Any news on when it will be available?

I can see SSM73700- In control Touch Pro 17c Software Update Enhancements on Topix but do not have access to read it.
The patch for V3 is now not going to be out by the end of January (quelle surprise...) There currently is no longer a release date, so if you were holding your breath, now is the time to exhale.....

It doesn't sound like it is a minor delay either, so personally don't think we'll see it this side of March sadly....
Can not believe people think it will be on time, just look through this threads history of updates and they are always 3-6 months past the dates people are first told.

If they say January it will be March at the earliest more likely May.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


Mightybigdave
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Location: Midlands

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Mightybigdave » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:19 pm

The patch for V3 was completed on my car on Tuesday. Still not 100%. When it was delivered back I parked up until Wednesday. Wednesday morning it took 2 seconds to boot up and after driving to the shops it booted up immediately. Went over to the in-laws and stayed for a cuppa, about 45 minutes. When I got back in the car, it took 2.5 minutes to boot up :(
This morning it took 1 min 35 seconds. I went to the shops, about 1 mile so it took about 5 minutes to get there, was in for 8 minutes came out and it took, 37 seconds. Later went out, after 3 hours and it booted up immediately, I then stopped for about 30 minutes and again it booted up immediately.
I now have Tunein radio as one of the live apps and one other, but can't remember what that was. There is also an increase microphone volume button which wasn't there before. I haven't gotten any further into the menus.
The InControl apps work but I still had disconnection of the phone, iPhone X.

I connected the car to my home WiFi, but when I returned home, it failed to reconnect without a password, so it didn't remember the password. I will keep trying.

I also have an issue that I can connect the phone by bluetooth, phone and audio, however as it should if I then connect via USB lead that takes priority and in source shows up as a direct connection, and continues playing music. However it occasionally crashes so returns to radio. If I then unplug the phone and go back to source the phone will not appear, as a bluetooth source. There is nothing to refresh the screen. The only way I have been able to reconnect audio via bluetooth is to stop the car, switch off, open the door so shutting down the ICTP, shut door, switch on and the phone appears as a bluetooth source.

So not perfect
2.0 R Sport auto, White, Black Pack, 20inch rims, ICTP, meridian surround sound 825w. , pano opening roof, 18 way elec, memory, privacy.


corriescar66
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:49 am

Mightybigdave wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:19 pm
The patch for V3 was completed on my car on Tuesday. Still not 100%. When it was delivered back I parked up until Wednesday. Wednesday morning it took 2 seconds to boot up and after driving to the shops it booted up immediately. Went over to the in-laws and stayed for a cuppa, about 45 minutes. When I got back in the car, it took 2.5 minutes to boot up :(
This morning it took 1 min 35 seconds. I went to the shops, about 1 mile so it took about 5 minutes to get there, was in for 8 minutes came out and it took, 37 seconds. Later went out, after 3 hours and it booted up immediately, I then stopped for about 30 minutes and again it booted up immediately.
I now have Tunein radio as one of the live apps and one other, but can't remember what that was. There is also an increase microphone volume button which wasn't there before. I haven't gotten any further into the menus.
The InControl apps work but I still had disconnection of the phone, iPhone X.

I connected the car to my home WiFi, but when I returned home, it failed to reconnect without a password, so it didn't remember the password. I will keep trying.

I also have an issue that I can connect the phone by bluetooth, phone and audio, however as it should if I then connect via USB lead that takes priority and in source shows up as a direct connection, and continues playing music. However it occasionally crashes so returns to radio. If I then unplug the phone and go back to source the phone will not appear, as a bluetooth source. There is nothing to refresh the screen. The only way I have been able to reconnect audio via bluetooth is to stop the car, switch off, open the door so shutting down the ICTP, shut door, switch on and the phone appears as a bluetooth source.

So not perfect
There is confusion here.....

'V3' isn't the patch that has been withdrawn it is ICTP Version 3.0 that was released last summer that initially gave many problems in uploading ie it didn't always 'take'

Many have found 3.0 to be problem free and it gives new menus, different icons for seat, the ability to change screen background colour etc

I'm one that sadly it screwed up my USB media, the Nav and bluetooth phone connection - amongst other little foibles.

The 'patch' (to try and fix some of the errors generated by 3.0) was briefly released in December then quickly withdrawn when it was found to screw up most of the cars they tried loading it on.

This patch is what I'm referring to, not Version 3.0 which, I understand, is still being uploaded - as clearly happened to you

Having experienced the release dates coming and going for these things for over a year, I have a healthy scepticism, but would prefer they wait to get them right first time. A belief that they will ever get this thing right for all cars/option combinations is wearing very thin now....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....


Jim
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:17 pm
Location: Telford, Shropshire

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Jim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:49 pm

My car was unfortunately one of the ones that had the V3.0 and patch and it spent 3 weeks in the dealers with JLR terchnical trying to get it to work, as it was taking multiple minutes to start up and even then it was touch and go what actually started. They ended up replacing a couple of the hardware modules and reloaded all the software from baseline in a prescribed order, one set at a time.

Since then it has worked well.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.


Mbadger77
Posts: 2023
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Updated version has come out but promptly put on hold.
Wait until end of month see where we are.
Apart from the slow starts all been pretty good with mine.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”