ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
DjP

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by DjP » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:28 am
Well, just did my first trip and all works well. I do have a small problem which may be phone related rather than car. If anyone could offer advice it would be appreciated. I listen to a lot of music via my phone. Normally I plug the phone in to the car via my iPhone cable, the phone then displays the logo showing connection. It appears that after about an hour of being plugged in to the car the phone “goes to sleep” which results in the incontrol app side of the system loosing connection. Has anyone else had this and been able to cure it.
Thanks (iPhone X running latest iOS )
I have a similar set up as you: iPhoneX, via cable, helmet release, lots of music. I haven't encountered the "sleep" issue but I don't use Incontrol app - the native music player on phone and ICTP seem to do the same thing. Any advantage of using the Incontrol app?

What I have found is that over time there is a "lag" between phone and ICTP that manifests in a couple of ways:
- the track progress (timer count up / down of time remaining) updates on an irregular basis. i.e. instead of counting 1, 2, 3, 4 seconds elapsed, it skips time (e.g 3,5, 11, 16). The time displayed matches the actual time elapsed, it just that it doesn't update every second
- there's a 5-ish second lag when I press the "next track" button. It always switches to the next track, just takes it's time

I can workaround these issues with a phone reboot, but they reemerge over time. Do you experience this?
DjP

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am

Hi Djp,
I can’t say that I’ve noticed a problem with lag, but having said that the upgrade has only been on the car for just over 24hrs so perhaps it’s a little early to say. The system seems to be stable in as much as I can now use voice control for the navigation and selecting albums from my phone.
I’m driving over to Southern Ireland next week so I will have plenty of time to test the system out. I will post a full report when I get back. First impressions are very good though !!
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ S Type and the first car X Type.

Knappettg

Post by Knappettg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm

I am now confused. I put the Red Beast into the dealer yesterday because “I have ICTP pro with the big screen which seems to do some random things. The screen sometimes is slow to load, sometimes just reboots for no reason and has lost previously stored information. Other times it works okay.”
On collection they said they had completed a phase 3 update which took between 2 and 6 hours and would solve my problem.
The display has not changed and there is no Helmet.
I told them a friend told me the screen should show a helmet following the update.
I queried with the dealer who said that they had done done a phase 3 update in accordance with Jaguar’s instructions and that the ‘helmet’ phase was something different. One was for the operating system, the other for the media system.
I feel I am being strung a line, and said I would check with my friend again. I do not know what to say to them next. Advice please!
Thanks.
Geoff

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Knappettg wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm
I am now confused. I put the Red Beast into the dealer yesterday because “I have ICTP pro with the big screen which seems to do some random things. The screen sometimes is slow to load, sometimes just reboots for no reason and has lost previously stored information. Other times it works okay.”
On collection they said they had completed a phase 3 update which took between 2 and 6 hours and would solve my problem.
The display has not changed and there is no Helmet.
I told them a friend told me the screen should show a helmet following the update.
I queried with the dealer who said that they had done done a phase 3 update in accordance with Jaguar’s instructions and that the ‘helmet’ phase was something different. One was for the operating system, the other for the media system.
I feel I am being strung a line, and said I would check with my friend again. I do not know what to say to them next. Advice please!
Thanks.
Geoff
I believe whether or not you see a helmet has to do with the configuration of your car as some options occupy the space of the ASi logo which the helmet replaces - if that makes sense? I understand the seat icon should also change from a two part seat to a three part seat as well. Mine is in for the update today although the service manager was making noises about updating it "only if it is shown for the vehicle" which of course it isn't in most cases. I will be mighty cross if it hasn't been done after dragging myself half way across south London in the rush hour to the wrong address. The dealer communications omitted to mention the address of their service department was different in the confirmation mail and the service department hadn't been given my correct email or number so their communications didn't reach me...not the best start to the day
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Selwood

Post by Selwood » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 pm

I have the latest software but never had the helmet ( I have the 3 part seat). I have the park assist function which is in the position the helmet would be. So the helmet is only for people without a configuration that would be there instead

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Software fully updated and now have a helmet and three part seat icon. Overall initial impressions are very favourable and the whole system seems faster and more snappy rather than slower than my fingers with lots of pregnant pauses for the system to catch up. Harwoods also adjusted exhaust system ( I had one slightly longer than the other) and did the usual video health check. Apart from the mix up with location, first class service and very satisfied :D

Will update maps tomorrow and figure out anything else I need to do. I noticed live traffic wasn't operational but suspect the system needs to catch up or I need to re enable something. Phone contacts have synced.
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Software fully updated and now have a helmet and three part seat icon. Overall initial impressions are very favourable and the whole system seems faster and more snappy rather than slower than my fingers with lots of pregnant pauses for the system to catch up. Harwoods also adjusted exhaust system ( I had one slightly longer than the other) and did the usual video health check. Apart from the mix up with location, first class service and very satisfied :D

Will update maps tomorrow and figure out anything else I need to do. I noticed live traffic wasn't operational but suspect the system needs to catch up or I need to re enable something. Phone contacts have synced.
After update I had to remove SIM and reinsert it, it was fine then.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 pm
Smitten wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm

After update I had to remove SIM and reinsert it, it was fine then.
Makes sense. I just had to sign back in to the navigation account from the car as I was signed out due to the software change. All seems to be working now.

Knappettg

Post by Knappettg » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am

I had ASI before the update and still have it, no helmet instead.
Does this mean the update has not been done, or have I had a lower grade update for some reason.
What is the criteria for the helmet (and voice text) upgrade?

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 am

Knappettg wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am
I had ASI before the update and still have it, no helmet instead.
Does this mean the update has not been done, or have I had a lower grade update for some reason.
What is the criteria for the helmet (and voice text) upgrade?
The helmet is dependent on configurable dynamics ...as far as I can make out.
Voice text working depends on your phone

You should now have a 3 peace seat icon (head rest , seat back, seat base)
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”