ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Chris_G

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by Chris_G » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Mine in today to try and bring her voice back!!!! latest maps and changing languages did not work for me.
3.0SC, Ammonite, 22" Helix Wheels, 825W ICTP, 14 Way seats, Cruise control etc etc etc, Collected 3rd March 2017 :)

Neilfx

Post by Neilfx » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 pm

I had the new version software installed last thursday and find it to be a big improvement. Although to be honest there wasn't much wrong with the old version other than sometimes slow to boot up and lack of album details on CDs downloaded onto the hard drive.
I love the text readout which occurred automatically without any preparation by me.
However today I noticed an audio alert 'Bing Bing' with no corresponding visual identifier on the touch screen or dashboard virtual display. I thought it may be a speed limit warning, but it sounded when I reached 68km per hour in a 60 kph zone and again when reducing through 64kmph on the way back down.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Well , at the dealers for my list of gripes with ICTP.
They are installing the latest update

He said he wouldn't do it if I had rear seat entertainment as that is causing issues.

Fingers crossed , he recons 2-3 hours.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

big jon

Post by big jon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Neilfx wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 pm
I had the new version software installed last thursday and find it to be a big improvement. Although to be honest there wasn't much wrong with the old version other than sometimes slow to boot up and lack of album details on CDs downloaded onto the hard drive.
I love the text readout which occurred automatically without any preparation by me.
However today I noticed an audio alert 'Bing Bing' with no corresponding visual identifier on the touch screen or dashboard virtual display. I thought it may be a speed limit warning, but it sounded when I reached 68km per hour in a 60 kph zone and again when reducing through 64kmph on the way back down.
Could be speed camera warning
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

kfpace

Post by kfpace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:00 pm

does voice input on yours now work Chris ? Mine goes in to get this fixed on monday. Like you neither updating to latest maps nor changing language worked for me.
R-Sport 2.0D AWD, Rhodium , Black pack, 19 inch bionics, Adaptive dynamics, 825W, Pano , 14 way seats, Privacy Glass, HUD, Driver condition monitoring, Blind Spot monitor, IR Windscreen, Elec Deployable Towbar, Reverse Camera, Cup Holder cover

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Well my adventures with the upgrade.

Media voice works , but I had some issues, clicking on the voice button from the second home screen then clicking in commands listed the commands needed for each device.

Apple device ( plugged in to nearest usb)
USB (plugged into next usb slot)

I used to just plug my iPhone in then just say “play Elvis Presley” I got a choice of Albums etc
Or
if I had the USB p,urged in then say “play Elvis Presley “ I got a choice of Albums etc

Now
I plug my iPhone in and have to say “Apple device play Elvis Presley “ she then says “select album or play all “ I say album name she plays the album in track order.

If I plug in the USB I have to say “ USB play Elvis Presley“ she then says “select album or play all “ I say album name she plays the album ( need to check the track order)

My Learning
She needs now to know which device your command is for , even if you have only one device plugged in, occasionally she gets confused and selects the wrong device.

Navigation:
A bit of a disaster .....she doesn’t speak to me anymore even if I type in an address , she just gives me the map and acts dumb.
When I use the voice commands , she ignores me or crashes.

Tomorrow I’ll play with the system language settings etc , but I fear I may end up back at the dealers.

The dealer has been great , he’s asked me to complete a list of things that don’t work and give him a call next week.

He tested the 360 camera view and said the grey box might be because they’ve had some complaints that the car size wasn’t accurate , so it may be a deliberate design change.
I advised it was poor compared to previous view on MY17. He has agreed and has therefore raised this as a quality issue back to JLR so we can wait for some progress on that one .

I ate all the cakes and drank copious coffee , it was the showroom opening party so I sat in the Mclaren show cars and pondered where the dog would sit :lol:

Tomorrow I’ll also try and find out how you delete a ripped CD , if anyone knows how, can they save me scratching my head on where to find the delete button ?

It drives beautifully though .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Neilfx

Post by Neilfx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm

big jon wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Neilfx wrote:
You may be right, Big Jon, as some of the roads it happens on occasionally have speed traps. However, whilst I have ICTP, my country doesn't have the connect option, so no internet or online updates, apps etc, so I thought that it wouldn't have the speed camera warning option. The audio alert is the same as the 'door open' warning, only louder.
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar

big jon

Post by big jon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 am

Neilfx wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm
big jon wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Neilfx wrote:
You may be right, Big Jon, as some of the roads it happens on occasionally have speed traps. However, whilst I have ICTP, my country doesn't have the connect option, so no internet or online updates, apps etc, so I thought that it wouldn't have the speed camera warning option. The audio alert is the same as the 'door open' warning, only louder.
Yes that is the same noise I get for speed cameras
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am

I have found on topix the issue I appear to have with my car after ICTP update on Friday.

This explains the language change of settings which I think others have tried too without success.
It doesn’t work on mine either, but thought I’d post it in case it works for others.

I also opened and unzipped the speech recognition files in the latest map download and the GBR speech recognition files are definately there.

F0BFE92B-D84A-49BC-A30B-CB760A92961B.png

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:18 pm

When I say “Go home”, this is working on sat nav voice after resetting language then back to brittish male.

It gives me two spoken options
Do you want to set as waypoint or destination.
This works for waypoint and destination.

When I press the button and say “Go To” it says please state the point of interest and the screen shows an empty <poi> headed list which does nothing ( even if you say Buckingham palace)

When I press the button and say “navigation” it says please say a command or select a command.
There are two options
Navigate to address
Navigation commands
Either command spoken or selected on screen crashes out of voice after about 30 seconds

@corriescar , have you got these working on your male bbc voice?

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”