Windscreen washers

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jacksoag

Re: Windscreen washers

Post by Jacksoag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:10 am

^ well that puts you 3 posts ahead of jk now no.5, you're on a mission !!

coleighf

Post by coleighf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 am

I noticed when I first had my car that on one side the spray hit just above the blade and on the other higher up on the screen. It didn't look right but I found that they are more effective than washers I've had in any previous car and also seem to use water very economically. The reservoir goes a long time between needing topping up. It seems to me that they are set so that water spreads along the length of one blade at the base of the screen so that the whole windscreen segment is wiped and the other picks up higher above the other blade and ensures adequate water to sustain all the way across the other segment. Whatever, it works very well and doesn't need messing with. I haven't experienced any blockage yet, maybe I will one day. However I always top up from a hose rather than a watering can or jug, so perhaps there's less chance of introducing any debris that way. It won't take much to block those tiny waterways and when it happens pressure tends to lodge it rather than blow it out. Shouldn't be that hard to fix though.
25T 2018 Portfolio. Firenze red, Light Oyster. Electric 4 way lumbar support. ICTP pro with 380W. Panoramic sliding sun roof. Remote rear seat release. Rubber load liner. Rubber mats. Space saver spare wheel. Front and rear mud guards etc.

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:36 am
At risk of repeating myself I drove two different F Paces over a 10 month period and neither had any issue with the washer jets hitting the wiper arm so DON'T SETTLE for any BS.

Yep, they should work correctly or be sorted under warranty, an MOT fail at 3 years old is probably a bit late :o :D
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

jstitch

Post by jstitch » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Sorry for dragging this old post up but I have just been told by my dealer that there is a new washer jet available for retrofit.

At the dealer's tomorrow for a DEF refill and have been told that they can book the car in then for the new jets.

No fix for the early morning squealing brake issue though.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks. I find washers poor when at speeds over 50mph as top if screen stays dry. Will certainly push for this.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:25 am

I am on the list for these newly designed washers so far none have been delivered from Jaguars new suppliers.
As per my dealer yesterday.
Due March,Ebony Black,10 Way Jet/Light Oyster,20" Grey Blades,Pano roof/Gloss Black,ICT Pro 380W,Adap Dynam,Pract Pack,Keyless Entry,Rear View Cam,Config Mood Lighting,priv glass,Hted Scrn/Jets,350mm Brakes,S/saver,cup holder,Serv/Pack.Activity Key.

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:07 am

Update had a txt parts now in stock, just trying to book in now.
Due March,Ebony Black,10 Way Jet/Light Oyster,20" Grey Blades,Pano roof/Gloss Black,ICT Pro 380W,Adap Dynam,Pract Pack,Keyless Entry,Rear View Cam,Config Mood Lighting,priv glass,Hted Scrn/Jets,350mm Brakes,S/saver,cup holder,Serv/Pack.Activity Key.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm

found the following listed on Topic regarding windscreen washers:
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Still waiting to book in for these to be fitted, Just waiting on the ICT Pro software to be given the Go Ahead to be installed 2 issues being worked on at Jaguar I am told.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am

I hope new builds come out with these fitted . I'm a bit OCD about a clean screen.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”