Windscreen washers

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Ed in Dorset

Windscreen washers

Post by Ed in Dorset » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 am

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the windscreen washers? On my car the spray is directed towards the very bottom of the windscreen, at the level of the parked wipers. I can see no way of adjusting the angle at which the fluid is sprayed to make it hit the screen higher up. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?
3.0D S in Odyssey Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, fixed Panoramic Roof and "Splash Guards". Fully functioning ICTP. Recently had its first service and update to ICTP V3.0 - all working well and no problems noticed.

Jagfpacejk

Re: Windscreen washers

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:59 am

Ed in Dorset wrote:Can anyone tell me how to adjust the windscreen washers? On my car the spray is directed towards the very bottom of the windscreen, at the level of the parked wipers. I can see no way of adjusting the angle at which the fluid is sprayed to make it hit the screen higher up. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?
Not had to adjust mine but on other cars i have used a thick as possible needle, popped into the washer jet and moved the jet around, would be surprised if you could not do the same to be honest but i have not tried or looked on the Fpace.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 am

Took mine in on 1 Sept and this was one of the items mentioned, the muppets couldn't/didn't/won't adjust it and they also couldn't fill the washer bottle (it ran out this weekend and its virtually the first time I've had to use it! I need to fix mine as I just did 450 miles over the weekend in mixed weather and this is actually dangerous, my forward view was seriously impaired. The passenger side gets a clear screen the driver's side doesn't- muppets!

Love the car but I would like to say that Jaguar after care is a piss poor reflection on the price of their vehicles, they have 1970's BL mentality.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 am

RaVolVoR wrote:Took mine in on 1 Sept and this was one of the items mentioned, the muppets couldn't/didn't/won't adjust it and they also couldn't fill the washer bottle (it ran out this weekend and its virtually the first time I've had to use it! I need to fix mine as I just did 450 miles over the weekend in mixed weather and this is actually dangerous, my forward view was seriously impaired. The passenger side gets a clear screen the driver's side doesn't- muppets!

Love the car but I would like to say that Jaguar after care is a piss poor reflection on the price of their vehicles, they have 1970's BL mentality.
In this case not Jaguar but the dealer who has given poor customer service and they should know what they are doing and how to adjust them, would take them no more then 2 minutes i am sure.

Shame not all dealers are the same as has been mentioned on here time and time again.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:In this case not Jaguar but the dealer who has given poor customer service and they should know what they are doing and how to adjust them, would take them no more then 2 minutes i am sure.

Shame not all dealers are the same as has been mentioned on here time and time again.
Yes you are correct. It's just so annoying, this is a silly issue and it shouldn't be worth mentioning but the fact they cannot/do not listen really irritates me!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:43 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:In this case not Jaguar but the dealer who has given poor customer service and they should know what they are doing and how to adjust them, would take them no more then 2 minutes i am sure.

Yes you are correct. It's just so annoying, this is a silly issue and it shouldn't be worth mentioning but the fact they cannot/do not listen really irritates me!
Welcome to owning a Jaguar.

CarlFRZ434

Post by CarlFRZ434 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 pm

My FP is fine but had same issue on my Evoque, onedide used to catch the rear lip of the bonnet rather than windscreen. I tried the hole needle trick but wouldn't budge. Had to return to the 'stealer' for rectification.
R-Sport Ammonite…………Going.……Going.....GONE!!! :shock: REJECTED

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:15 pm

CarlFRZ434 wrote:My FP is fine but had same issue on my Evoque, onedide used to catch the rear lip of the bonnet rather than windscreen. I tried the hole needle trick but wouldn't budge. Had to return to the 'stealer' for rectification.
No mention that 'windscreen washers' is a tad ambiguous?!!! Jets/Nozzles etc .... The windscreen washer is the wife, surely? :lol:
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

CarlFRZ434

Post by CarlFRZ434 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:23 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
CarlFRZ434 wrote:My FP is fine but had same issue on my Evoque, onedide used to catch the rear lip of the bonnet rather than windscreen. I tried the hole needle trick but wouldn't budge. Had to return to the 'stealer' for rectification.
No mention that 'windscreen washers' is a tad ambiguous?!!! Jets/Nozzles etc .... The windscreen washer is the wife, surely? :lol:
:lol: I deemed the "washers" was the nozzle the wash ejaculated from in the general direction of the screen, rather than the wipers which are the rubber blades, or pink marigolds worn by wifey! :lol: :lol:
R-Sport Ammonite…………Going.……Going.....GONE!!! :shock: REJECTED

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:29 pm

CarlFRZ434 wrote:
corriescar66 wrote:
:lol: I deemed the "washers" was the nozzle the wash ejaculated from in the general direction of the screen, rather than the wipers which are the rubber blades, or pink marigolds worn by wifey! :lol: :lol:
You washers ejaculate over your car. PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Faults & Technical”