Installing a Blackvue Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Re: Installing a Blackvue Dash cam

Post by mike72uk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 am

Supermackem wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:07 am
I'm over here in the UK, the Blackvue 750 isn't released here yet - supposed to be anytime now.
Waiting till I can get it as I believe its a big step forward on the 650.
Can someone other side of the pond confirm its released over there ?
Hi Supermacken,

I received notification yesterday of the DR750s-2ch availability from blackvuehd.co.uk.

I’m considering same for mine when it arrives in Dec...that or the Thinkware F800

Regards
Mike
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Supermackem

Post by Supermackem » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Are there any members who have managed to do a 1st class install on a rear view camera that can maybe explain or show photos as to how they got round concealing the cable and its route into the vehicle.
Apparently I'm informed that the FPace has a sealed 1 piece rear door (think that's what they meant) which makes things very difficult.
2.0D 2018 R-Sport. Fuji White, Pano roof, 10 way Electric seats, 19" 5 spoke Black Wheels, Black Pack, Config Int mood Lighting, Auto dim Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Meridian 380 watt, Rear seat recline, Privacy Glass, 2nd row remote release.

Supermackem

Post by Supermackem » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 pm

No dash cams fitted anyone ??
2.0D 2018 R-Sport. Fuji White, Pano roof, 10 way Electric seats, 19" 5 spoke Black Wheels, Black Pack, Config Int mood Lighting, Auto dim Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Meridian 380 watt, Rear seat recline, Privacy Glass, 2nd row remote release.

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:42 pm

HI there Supermackem..... Why don't you look at the first pages of this thread where I posted some pictures of how I did my installation - Or have you and suggesting that it's not first class? :)
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe & Volvo XC40 (First Edition)

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 am

RaVolVor,

I'm planing a similar install with a BlackVue DR750S-2CH. What fuses did you end up using for permanent live and switched (ignition) live ?

I have a couple of fuse taps that I'm hoping to slot into the passenger fuse compartment !

Regards
Mike
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Currently my cam is using a 12v socket. The battery protector failed so it's not hard wired. I am beginning to think the whole of the front fuse box shuts down 10 minutes after the car is locked. So right now I can't help. Anyone else know which fuse if any are permanently live?
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Djmc321

Post by Djmc321 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Had a Blackvue 750 2ch installed on Friday but the rear camera is causing DAB signal issues. As soon as I disconnect the rear cam all is fine again. I'll be getting back in touch with the installer, but wondered if anyone else has similar issues, or can recommend a cable run for the rear cam which doesn't kill the DAB reception?
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 am

Djmc321 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 pm
Had a Blackvue 750 2ch installed on Friday but the rear camera is causing DAB signal issues. As soon as I disconnect the rear cam all is fine again. I'll be getting back in touch with the installer, but wondered if anyone else has similar issues, or can recommend a cable run for the rear cam which doesn't kill the DAB reception?
I just went from the front cam (mounted behind rear view mirror) across front of windscreen (tucked into headlining) then across tops of doors and down around the seatbelt on driver side and through roof lining to rear hatch hinge, through rubber tubing to hatch and out to rear cam mounted on centre top of rear glass !

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Djmc321 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 pm
I had a blackvue 750 2ch with power magic pro professionally installed recently. All wires hidden, no DAB issues. I did have the rear camera installed just above bottom of screen to get around the problem others have mentioned about the top being a sealed unit which it is. I quite liked the idea of being bottom of screen, not only do I have no wires showing anywhere with the installation but also the rear camera & cabling is as far away as it could be from the cars radio/satelite receiver on roof which greatly reduces DAB inteference or in my case I don't have any at all. Who did your installation?

Djmc321

Post by Djmc321 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:33 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:40 am
through roof lining to rear hatch hinge, through rubber tubing to hatch and out to rear cam mounted on centre top of rear glass !
That's exactly how/where my installers mounted my rear. Strange that you're not seeing issues. Did you go through the left or right tubing? Also, did you use any ferrite cores to shield the cable at all?
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”